Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Well I would tell marketsource it was fun. But it wasn’t. Hopefully att people aren’t as bad.

Can we drop consumer cellular as a partner...pleaseee?
On top of what @Hardlinesmaster said, Consumer Cellular is the best way for Spot to compete with Best Buy in the mobile phone business. About a year or two ago, Best Buy bought Greatcall (Jitterbug) and offers exclusive services and senior-focused cell plans. Having a contract with CC gives Spot a lot of market share for that category, which is even more important with how much Spot's postpaid phone sales are struggling.

Marketsource's footprint will go down from 1123 stores to 802 stores by July 12th.
But it's different than an expansion of Plus Mobile? I would've honestly expected them to simply make the TMs do the mobile workload in more stores if Plus Mobile proved viable.

at first my store's mobile said they were getting cut and their options were basically yeet or work for spot instead

then one of them got a phone call while we were both working and apparently the new option was they can stay but take a cut in pay. like... 13.50ish down from $15 or smth idr

so idk whats goin on w my stores mobile but they said it wont be a +mobile thing

Not sure how much other stuff they’re buying when > 50% leave angrily because we refuse to troubleshoot/activate their phones.
Please read this thread.

Please read this thread.
That thread would be helpful if I worked at a plus mobile store. But, much to the CC guests chagrin, we won’t do anything besides sell them a phone. Occasionally, if they’re really nice, I’ll switch their SIM card over for them so they don’t have to call CC.

That thread would be helpful if I worked at a plus mobile store. But, much to the CC guests chagrin, we won’t do anything besides sell them a phone. Occasionally, if they’re really nice, I’ll switch their SIM card over for them so they don’t have to call CC.
It tells you how to activate the phone.

Any word about what we're potentially absorbing? Are all previous tech locations going to become plus mobile? We're a fairly busy location and some elderly guests drive a great distance to stand in lines for our techs, I don't see our current payroll bucket being able to compensate for that. I'm a Style TL teaching myself tech to be extra support for them but I shudder at the thought of handling these phone problems.

Any word about what we're potentially absorbing? Are all previous tech locations going to become plus mobile? We're a fairly busy location and some elderly guests drive a great distance to stand in lines for our techs, I don't see our current payroll bucket being able to compensate for that. I'm a Style TL teaching myself tech to be extra support for them but I shudder at the thought of handling these phone problems.
If Plus Mobile rolls out any further than it had in mid-2019, the only problem I feel that they'll need to solve is how long one individual activation or problem can take. The estimate corporate gave of a 45 minute average was pretty spot on, but in practice that looked like a bunch of 10-20 minute guests balanced by a few 2 hour guests here and there.

If the workload gets absorbed, your Electronics TMs will be expected to do both their original jobs as well as the jobs that Marketsource (Target Tech) does. To compensate for the added workload, modernization was supposed to remove entertainment/toys/etc from the electronics workload and add the appropriate amount of payroll to handle the average number of CC activations and postpaid activations per week.

From my experience in a Plus Mobile store when they had me roll out the process, the activations actually aren't all that bad 95% of the time. If your team is trained properly and your execs are willing to support electronics when an activation comes up, then there's not much to really worry about.

To compensate for the added workload, modernization was supposed to remove entertainment/toys/etc from the electronics workload
Lol ur funny. I've been trying to get entertainment removed from our workload forever now. "You always did it so just keep doing it" Well okay ma'am style has always done babies department, so do it. And they change the subject.

Lol ur funny. I've been trying to get entertainment removed from our workload forever now. "You always did it so just keep doing it" Well okay ma'am style has always done babies department, so do it. And they change the subject.

they tired that at my store as well but us handle entertainment and baby and when the DBO’s aren’t scheduled for toys that as well. It didn’t last long once a DTL visit happened and I had all the best practice paperwork highlighted and ready. We strictly only do Tech Workload now & im the only 1 in my store that has the Plus Mobile training so in case we do get switched to that I’m ready. That also surprising helps the roundtable of new marketsource techs We get when they are stumped and I’m there I’m able to help just by word of mouth to get them through. They’ve gone through a dozen in less then a years time either do to scheduling/hours or pay

In my last past five years at Spot the Market Source turnover has been HUGE. I mainly think due to poor training and not making enough commission.

I was in electronics last week and the Target Tech worker didn't even know what phones we have in stock! I actually complained to the TL which I rarely do.

The guests that come into my store to get Consumer Cellar activated don't seem to be buying anything else.

Target also doesn't understand how much time Target Tech spends activating those Consumer Cellar accounts.

Well, it finally happened. For some reason my store was one of the 300 to get rid of Market Source this go around, which is funny because the smaller store down the road that gets less phone activations is keeping theirs.

I was on a loa and about to return, but then the Market Source Lead at my store sent me a message telling me about their dismissal at my store. So, I put in my two weeks notice.

After working 11 years at full time and then working 1 and a half at part time, I’m not too upset about it.

...your execs are willing to support electronics when an activation comes up...

This is the biggest reason I left Tech for fulfillment. ETL-specialty and the SD would ride our asses hard if we didn't get our work done. Even if she rolled by and saw two or three guests waiting for CC stuff. We were also expected to pick up toys and infant hardlines calls if the dbos were gone.

ASANTS, you may have understanding leaders. But fuck mine in particular.

Is At&t moving in to the stores that are just now dropping Market Source? That's what the lead of Market Source is telling me she was told by the ETL over Tech/Beauty/Style. That sounds strange to me and I haven't read about it anywhere else, unless I overlooked it.

Well I would tell marketsource it was fun. But it wasn’t. Hopefully att people aren’t as bad.
Nevermind, found someone mentioning it. I wonder how that's going to work out.

Back