Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

any tech team can explain to me why some Switches are being returned? I noticed that the switch i purchased was a return. They dont put seal tapes on them anymore, so i had to watch unboxing on youtube to really make sure nothing was taken since sometimes they come with codes, or important numbers. And Guest Service really have no idea what is inside the console. Im hearing other stores in my area that people get returns of Switches. Is there something sinister these buy and return people do or am i just paranoid

any tech team can explain to me why some Switches are being returned? I noticed that the switch i purchased was a return. They dont put seal tapes on them anymore, so i had to watch unboxing on youtube to really make sure nothing was taken since sometimes they come with codes, or important numbers. And Guest Service really have no idea what is inside the console. Im hearing other stores in my area that people get returns of Switches. Is there something sinister these buy and return people do or am i just paranoid
They are going for the code in the box.

The only switches with codes are fortnight editions and Mario kart editions. Code stealing is not a problem.

Switch lights might be returned because they were temporary purchases while looking for a full switch. There is also a chance the switch was purchased thinking it could be hacked before realizing only the older white box switches were hackable.

That is all I can think of. Regular switch returns are super rare.

Anyone happen to still have the red value video game shipper in their department and if so knows what to do to get a replacement?

Anyone happen to still have the red value video game shipper in their department and if so knows what to do to get a replacement?
We killed ours the second we unboxed it. And defected all the games that we knew wouldn't sell. ETL made the decision in person at 4am.
Any games that has floor locations we pushed to those. Anything else defect.

We killed ours the second we unboxed it. And defected all the games that we knew wouldn't sell. ETL made the decision in person at 4am.
Why not my support for an ir? That’s insane to me

I respect hirarchy, if someone two levels up makes the decision I'm not arguing at 4am. It got killed in the on paper reasoning of "can't social distance crowds"

I respect hirarchy, if someone two levels up makes the decision I'm not arguing at 4am. It got killed in the on paper reasoning of "can't social distance crowds"
I can understand that , but I would go to Ap and at least say hey if you come across my name this is why . At least cover your a$$

Wait what? dont you have a value section? unless its wii/360/ps3 games, only someone mentally incompetent would go defecting games out before trying to sell them.

We have a tiny plastic locking shelf above the xbox case for clearance games. That's pretty much the value section. But yea , who knows the actual thoughts but i wasnt going to disagree , especially at 4am on blackfriday morning in the middle of pandemic.

This actually doesn't make sense to me. The value video game end cap is a three sided (8 games wide) end cap that has stayed on plano for nearly a decade with on plano games and all of your answers appall me..

I think the op is talking about the shelving unit my store used on the nintendo endcap 3ft for 3ds games. As for above, bf or not you don't go defecting games unless they are 5+ years old. You have plano space for them. Our store is 8ft section and we use entertainment shelves. It is usually pretty full but the holiday 50% bin and other recent sales have done a job thining them out.

Well without revealing my store location, we have received the latest and greatest remodel so my electronics department is massively different then most stores. So we've been having alot of really unique issues that have alotta intresting not necessarily " best practice correct" solutions.

So yea alotta stuff about my work life makes zero sense when compared with stores who still have the large boat. Like i can't even take pictures of my section without outing my location.

We also are overly secure on the AP side of things cause of security issues that have appeared in the new setup +pandemic issues.

Mostly in the fact that someone tried to steal our whole endcap of value games and other fun stories!

Well without revealing my store location, we have received the latest and greatest remodel so my electronics department is massively different then most stores. So we've been having alot of really unique issues that have alotta intresting not necessarily " best practice correct" solutions.

So yea alotta stuff about my work life makes zero sense when compared with stores who still have the large boat. Like i can't even take pictures of my section without outing my location.

We also are overly secure on the AP side of things cause of security issues that have appeared in the new setup +pandemic issues.

Mostly in the fact that someone tried to steal our whole endcap of value games and other fun stories!
I can’t wait to get Project DeLorean lol there was some things that hopefully by the time my store gets it they change but what’s the true chance on that happening lol

......i can tell you many things about it. And how to fix the many issues. Feel free to pm me

But hint? Have AP start stashing lockibg cabinets, and figure out what you're strategy is to deal with losing all your space at the boat. We have 1 bathroom sink sized cabinent. Choose wisely.

My store is as old as it gets, we have had our remodel pushed back for a decade now. The only real difficulty I'm having is half the cameras we.dont get anymore, and we have electronics pogs on the back wall that extend beyond the electronics area. I am also agressivly marking down nop mobile accessories that got really out of hand.

Back