Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

......i can tell you many things about it. And how to fix the many issues. Feel free to pm me

But hint? Have AP start stashing lockibg cabinets, and figure out what you're strategy is to deal with losing all your space at the boat. We have 1 bathroom sink sized cabinent. Choose wisely.
We have a rolling cart for all Ap supplies already that we use with excess so we kinda have that covered ahead of time at most that cabinet will probably just be for the bare necessities. We already have excess cabinets then what we truly need now we are I believe 5+ over what we are suppose to be allotted. Since we still use MarketSource I can hear their cry’s now that there’s no room for the amount of junk they have on their side that they don’t need or use.

we're doing....weirdly well. even during the week we have dual coverage for a good part of the day

8-3pm
12-7pm
3pm-10pm

but we all gave up on life and do the literal bare minimum LMAO ive been trying to 4x4 and fix labels and whatever else i can but man motivation is down all around and we just get thru the day vibing in a weird way

Still surpassing sales even with a clueless ETL. We are almost at a TV shortage again lol. We always able to come clean on all work daily & including 1K in audits daily so it be nice for them to not send the same product on almost every truck by the dozens when it doesn’t sell through that fast & our backroom Waco’s show it.

Did anyone elses stores get their tech cut pretty hard? Our entire district is down to one tech daily. They shift the rest of the hours into GM toys

Did anyone elses stores get their tech cut pretty hard? Our entire district is down to one tech daily. They shift the rest of the hours into GM toys
They are shifting so many hours to the overnight team that there’s barely anyone on the floor all day when guests need help they expect 1 or 2 to run the whole floor and do backup/reshop & help with opu/ship with bare minimum hours

We have been having double sometimes tripple over lap. We had a regional visit recently no fix it tickets. Just straight out oh this looks amazing . All the truck gets done before my close ass and the mancaf gets done too I left nothing in it many nights.

Anyone else have the apple resellers coming in now with legit looking tm discount cards that match their ID? So sick of dealing with them.

Anyone else have the apple resellers coming in now with legit looking tm discount cards that match their ID? So sick of dealing with them.
Can’t wait till they try that at my store. They know how strict we are with it. One time they literally had 2 car loads according to our Ap of people & were hunting down non Tech Tms to help them with their Apple products. It was a hilarious shift for sure.

Can’t wait till they try that at my store. They know how strict we are with it. One time they literally had 2 car loads according to our Ap of people & were hunting down non Tech Tms to help them with their Apple products. It was a hilarious shift for sure.

Yep cept our store won't let us stop them even though they clear us out in a week

Yep cept our store won't let us stop them even though they clear us out in a week
So you don’t even limit them? We limit one item per person per day. The frustrating thing is that now with the matching discount cards we can’t remove the fraudulent tm discount. It would be nice if corporate gave us a discount verification app where we could scan the card and see if the name actually matches in the system.

So you don’t even limit them? We limit one item per person per day. The frustrating thing is that now with the matching discount cards we can’t remove the fraudulent tm discount. It would be nice if corporate gave us a discount verification app where we could scan the card and see if the name actually matches in the system.
Our Etl and stl won't let us we've had it as a known issue for a while now especially since they definitely don't work for target considering they don't even speak English.

Our TLs have been reporting the TM number though

You can use Workday to look up tm by number.
I’ll have to see if our Ap is ok with us doing that on the spot ( no pun). They won’t like us if we are allowed to do that. Let alone try to figure another way into trying to use the discount lol

Speaking of Apple, I picked up one of those Airtag things yesterday, they're pretty neat.
I have them to & I also demonstrated them to a few guests yesterday/today and they bought them we sold through all of ours and almost all accessories by 4pm today between yesterday and today

An idea to stop that TM ID fraud thing is on the new PoS when a TM adds an employee discount it should say "0012345678 Team Member John Doe" and maybe a store number too. I say this because then we have a valid name to compare the ID to.

2-3 months into being a DeLorean Store.

Some things I've noted about it to help future stores when they eventually get it:

Guests still walk past the ink. Nobody knows there's anything BUT TVs in the TV U-area.
Getting rid of landline phones was silly.
There's an extra aisle, it makes everybody's life easier to make a work around so you can mark which aisle is which.
You thought resellers were bad before? Wait until they realize the store got the update because of Apple sales, the sense of entitlement is insane.
For the love of God, put the registers on the same side, and the Mobile laptops on their own table. This will be a nightmare come holiday season if I'm handling a bunch of cash with guests next to me. Covid risk aside.
The iPad/iPhone display underside needs handles instead of locks. We store our AP devices under it, with no other location now, and it's impossible to open.
Guests still ask if we carry android stuff, it's nice having an actual excuse.

Overall it doesn't seem to be too well planned out with the rest of the store and how it functions in mind, and leads to a lot of guests poking fun at how confusing it is. It does look nice though.

Back