Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

im jus here to spill some tea from my store hi

since one of our tms became a lead our etl thought it would be gr8 to hire a new girl (we have more than enough ppl but ok)

anyways shes been here for like a month and ran thru everything and shes....iffy at best (2pm and shes still working the cage in a fairly low volume store)

and then we find out she sold 2 ps5s in store

a new flex person was stopped by a guest who asked for a ps5 and she said ok, pulled it out the back (like, not even pulled in the system but straight yoinked it), left it on the boat said tech will be with him soon and walked away.

somehow dude didnt steal it and the new tech girl comes up and just.... rings it out when by now she should have known and theres signs EVERYWHERE

the fun part is when an aptm shows up and. buys. the 2nd one. he also already sold it for $800

so now all 3 are under investigation or smth w the aptm most likely to be fired
That whole grouping is getting fired... like badly

Kaitii u always got the best team dayum.
im jus here to spill some tea from my store hi

since one of our tms became a lead our etl thought it would be gr8 to hire a new girl (we have more than enough ppl but ok)

anyways shes been here for like a month and ran thru everything and shes....iffy at best (2pm and shes still working the cage in a fairly low volume store)

and then we find out she sold 2 ps5s in store

a new flex person was stopped by a guest who asked for a ps5 and she said ok, pulled it out the back (like, not even pulled in the system but straight yoinked it), left it on the boat said tech will be with him soon and walked away.

somehow dude didnt steal it and the new tech girl comes up and just.... rings it out when by now she should have known and theres signs EVERYWHERE

the fun part is when an aptm shows up and. buys. the 2nd one. he also already sold it for $800

so now all 3 are under investigation or smth w the aptm most likely to be fired

Do any of you have the actual dpci for the blacklight Eddie? Mydevice isn't pulling up the specific box sizes anymore, and the generic is just being generic as always

Do any of you have the actual dpci for the blacklight Eddie? Mydevice isn't pulling up the specific box sizes anymore, and the generic is just being generic as always
Can’t wait till the constant calls for that one ends. At least we know at my store when we do get them it will be 1 per guest :)

I just tell them it shows as a generic funko gift box. And no indications of when or what it is..... i have bigger issues of now not having enough security cases for my freight even though shits on order.

I just tell them it shows as a generic funko gift box. And no indications of when or what it is..... i have bigger issues of now not having enough security cases for my freight even though shits on order.
We have a over abundance of cases to the point we don’t have room for them lol there’s some days that go by every hour we are called for reshop which is just cases

HOW is that possible? Is the APTM new? Regardless, there's no way they should've skated. What could they possibly say that would excuse themselves?
They're new, and it's not like the procedures are adequately trained. Target website doesn't even show that the stuff is drive up only anymore. I'm glad they weren't fired just for not knowing the rules. APTM should've been fired tho.

Wtf Kaitii Im driving to your store and you are selling me a PS5 cuz u wont get fired lmao. They should just start selling them in store already.
I have no idea why we aren't selling in store. I have *yet* to personally sell a ps5 game to a guest

Eddie Brock Scannable Barcode! Got this off Reddit, but it seemed to work to pull up the actual item. Hope this saves at least one of you some headache.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-003129.png
    Screenshot_20210711-003129.png
    963.5 KB · Views: 30
Is everybodies stores getting smaller for tech/ent? We still have f1-f23 + f70 dedicated to ent and I noticed most stores around here after the remodel only have f1-f5. Not to mention my store and surrounding states have slashed tech hours so that we only have one mid for the entire day with no tech open or closer.

Is target taking their money out of the department?

HOW is that possible? Is the APTM new? Regardless, there's no way they should've skated. What could they possibly say that would excuse themselves?
Meh. One of the *veteran* Electronics TMs straight up sold a PS5 to another TM and didn't get fired. (The guy who bought it did, but he was supposedly on a final anyway.)

You could give a clueless newbie the benefit of the doubt. Not someone that's been there for 5 years.

Is everybodies stores getting smaller for tech/ent? We still have f1-f23 + f70 dedicated to ent and I noticed most stores around here after the remodel only have f1-f5. Not to mention my store and surrounding states have slashed tech hours so that we only have one mid for the entire day with no tech open or closer.

Is target taking their money out of the department?

Our entertainment is basically 2.5 aisles. Movies, young adult/bestseller books, children's books. The rest of what was entertainment is now pets. Hours wise we still have open to close coverage. District lead apparently made clear that this has to happen.

Last edited:
You could give a clueless newbie the benefit of the doubt. Not someone that's been there for 5 years.
Some one at my store accidentally put one of the new xboxs out on the sales floor and sold one. He's the DBO now. Stuff like that is honestly understandable

My store is going through a remodel and our boat is basically removed. All that is basically left is the checkout register and a slide-out drawer that can hold a few cases at best. It looks HELLLLAAA pretty though it is made out of wood.

Anyone else getting this?

Back