Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Tech belongs to style and ent belongs to gm (toy tl). They don’t help each other. Style has to cover tech breaks. Ent also has bullseye and check lanes and has to help in toy/sports/baby. Tech only zones and puts reshop away in tech. We don’t have market source so have to deal with cc on our own with only single coverage.
We don’t have a pog team so each dept does their own pogs.
That just sounds so bizarre to me. It's crazy how different each store can be. I'm glad my store is big enough that we have MS because I do NOT have the patience to deal with rude old people.

That just sounds so bizarre to me. It's crazy how different each store can be. I'm glad my store is big enough that we have MS because I do NOT have the patience to deal with rude old people.
There's literally no difference from having market source and not having market source for level of interaction. If anything the guests are nicer when you don't have market source

Tech belongs to style and ent belongs to gm (toy tl). They don’t help each other. Style has to cover tech breaks. Ent also has bullseye and check lanes and has to help in toy/sports/baby. Tech only zones and puts reshop away in tech. We don’t have market source so have to deal with cc on our own with only single coverage.
We don’t have a pog team so each dept does their own pogs.

I wonder how Target decides which store should have a plano team and who shouldn't. It seems random, but glad we have plano still. I hope they bring plano back to all stores as it seems stores without are somewhat struggling.

The amount of NOP/discontinued products after this transition is a little out of control. Did everyone else get the flex pogs? What is the point? Giving us a pog doesn’t give us space to flex products out. Meanwhile we have useless pop socket end caps taking up space.

Is it like a universal electronics thing (maybe specialty sales) that no matter how much our area is drowning no one is sent to help us. But we're constantly pulled to other drowning departments to help them recover (meanwhile ours gets worse)???

Okay I love the layout of electronics 2.0 but GOD the boat is so small. Its a fkn cannoe at this point. To those stores with elec 2.0 how do you guys handle it? Lockboxes? spiderwraps etc. The cherry on top is that mobile needs their own printer which takes up an entire drawer.

We have no mobile so don’t have to deal with their stuff. But I keep two small wacos of spider wraps in one side cupboard and then a small selection of lock cases in the other cupboard and that’s basically it. Everything else has to be stored in the back room.

When Karen comes to buy little Tommy an oculus and I ask her if he has a smartphone and a facebook account. The looks on their faces are priceless when I explain. Even better when they call their husband on the phone.😅😅😅 sorry tommy no VR for you little buddy.

Does anyone else gets slammed with the number of books they got these few days? yesterday we had a full u-boat but now we got this. see attached

EDIT: I worded that a bit weird. We had a lot of overlap on Saturday and we pushed an entire u-Boat on Saturday. Sunday we got those two u-Boats of books. Triple truck 😅
IMG_6860.heic2021-11-28 21_12_53-.png

Last edited:
i envy your huge backroom I am in a smaller store we fight for uboats and they throw those boxes on the floor outside and inside electronics backroom we dont have enough to push them. Why TF did target expand our book section like we are a damn barnes and noble and those boxes are heavy AF why load them up so heavy to make us break our backs. We need a DBO just for books alone imho.

We’ve been slammed with an absurd number of books lately too. The back room backstock is so full that finding space for more books that don’t go out is very difficult.

Okay I love the layout of electronics 2.0 but GOD the boat is so small. Its a fkn cannoe at this point. To those stores with elec 2.0 how do you guys handle it? Lockboxes? spiderwraps etc. The cherry on top is that mobile needs their own printer which takes up an entire drawer.
For mobile? We worked with them, we gave them the table to work with clients and the computer/register that has the key pad on the desk.
We took the end register.
When they have 2 clients and we need a register? We take the one on the end or a mobile check out sometimes... our security stuff? Yea that's in big clear tuperware bins in the back. In one of our shelving units.

We got elec 2.0 a month before the pandemic started... its been fun. Oh and those new wooden cabinets with the legs at the end? Yea they are more sturdy then you think... they have been run into by scooter people... oh and the cabinets if they didn't fix the design flaws in the glass tracks, your pml will need to dremmel the channel a little bit more to allow the lock to slide in properly the tolerances were too tight. And if the metal edges that have the handhold come off/start showing a black border?preform percussive maintence on it with your black electronics magnet on the keys. Apply percusive maintence till the black border is no longer visible...

Have fun
Edit: we have mobile the cabinet on the right side of the boat and we took the left .. for our organizer /planner/stuff

oh and the cabinets if they didn't fix the design flaws in the glass tracks, your pml will need to dremmel the channel a little bit more to allow the lock to slide in properly the tolerances were too tight
Nope LMAO they just took off the side metal thing.

Very helpful info tho!

what we ended up doing is we kept the computer on top of the till so we have that entire bottom area to play with so we got two of those like $2 room essentials bins. One for big spider wraps and one for small

for cases we use the bagging area to stack them up. We also have a mobile side and a us side but if we need to we share with no problems lol. Instead of putting two sets of bags on each side we usually only put one so we can stack the cases. Also, I thought I was a GENUIS for this. I put the tv remotes in a phone case lock box. I put the blister clips in a golf ball box, and I put the weird hang tabs in a phone case lock box. Why you might ask? Although there is no horizontal space there is quite a bit of vertical space so if you can use tall things there then you’re golden.

Back