Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

its always this one guy going WOOOOAHHHHHOooooo WOOOAHHHHHHooooo. Like at least play something funny. Like if it was the HAHHHHHHHH sound I would be losing my shit
A lot of times it would be songs with profanity, the n word, sexually explicit lyrics, etc. So embarrassing with guests around.

I always unplug the displays that do this, and if the brand is notorious for doing this I will NEVER suggest them. So basically Sony and Bose are dead to me.
I always turn off the power strip they're attached to when incidents occur, but they keep getting turned back on. 99% of people coming in to buy speakers already know what they want, we don't need the demos.

A lot of times it would be songs with profanity, the n word, sexually explicit lyrics, etc. So embarrassing with guests around.

I always turn off the power strip they're attached to when incidents occur, but they keep getting turned back on. 99% of people coming in to buy speakers already know what they want, we don't need the demos.
Yeah because Sony and Bose displays are so far the two companies that seem to use actually units, which unfortunately means they have Bluetooth and a Battery.

Anyone completed a Mint Mobile eSIM activation? It seems like on our side it's just a QR code for them to download the app. Not sure if it ever has us scan anything into the register. If not what is the point? 💀

Anyone completed a Mint Mobile eSIM activation? It seems like on our side it's just a QR code for them to download the app. Not sure if it ever has us scan anything into the register. If not what is the point? 💀
I honest to god only ever activate phones when i have downtime. I haven't had like ANY time to do any activation in the past year LMFAO

Only one store in my district will do activations. And they are only one day a week by appointment only. At my store we aren't allowed to touch a guest's phone for any reason.
technically speaking. i got the wrong training sent to me once. and i did it bc i was still new and didn’t know what to do lol. technically speaking i’m trained to activate phones (not like it’s hard or anything) but if it’s an nice person really needs help with it and the dept is in good shape i’ll help them out (nothing CC related tho). just activate a phone and send them on their way type beat.

technically speaking. i got the wrong training sent to me once. and i did it bc i was still new and didn’t know what to do lol. technically speaking i’m trained to activate phones (not like it’s hard or anything) but if it’s an nice person really needs help with it and the dept is in good shape i’ll help them out (nothing CC related tho). just activate a phone and send them on their way type beat.
That training was for every store...

That training was for every store...
this was a long time ago. back when there was a difference between Tech consultant and Mobile Tech consultant or something. I was the only one in our store to get it because we are a marketsource store.
The POA is dumb easy. The problem is when you start an activation and then you suddenly get a line of 12 people needing 85 inch TV's.
god its the fuckin worst.

I feel bad for your guests.

Don't. It's much better for the overwhelming majority of our guests and team members. Instead of constantly working on phones and being forced to listen to the crazy political rants of many phone guests, tech team members are available for other guests and no longer have to call for backup for simple questions or to unlock cases. Our guests get much better and faster service now.

My store has had complete turnover in tech, so we've lost a lot of institutional knowledge. I could use some help on a couple of things:

1) I understand that a vendor is supposed to stock phone minute cards and game cards. They apparently haven't done this in a couple of years. My ETL just gets the runaround when trying to contact the company. I'm sitting on a ton of Dcode and NOP cards. Can I just toss them into the compactor? Or do we need to individually defect them all out?

2) BDS gave me the old display phones because apparently they don't take those away. No one at my store knows what to do with them. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Back