Let's see them Black Thursday/Black Friday Scheds!

I work 5pm-2am starting on Thanksgiving day. It says General Merchandise on top and on the bottom it says FOS, does that mean I'll be a cashier or trying (and likely failing) to keep dollarspot clean (or whatever you guys call it. Spot's playground)
Bullseye's Playground.

Could be stationed on the front of Store directing traffic or helping with the door busters which are scattered throughout the sales floor.

They haven't finalized it yet, I have a new Atl that hasn't hashed everything out for my workcenter. As a style tl they haven't decided if they want me in early with team members to ensure that the truck is pushed or later to mind the scores of newbies I have. It's also my weekend on...

No idea. We post final schedule on the thursday before the new week. It’s retail season, and schedules are fluid due to accommodating/training additional hires and/or covering the shifts of the recently departed.

I have never helped with doorbusters, what does that entail?
That's the "great deals" stuff that will purposefully out of their area.

For example, a few years ago, Beats were like $99 for the $299 or whatever version. But they're not in Electronics. They were in Grocery. And the Instapot or whatever it's called was not in Small Electrics, it was in Beauty. TVs were in Softlines. Etc.

So that's where the map comes in. You'll see where your doorbuster items will be throughout your store.
They need TMs at each doorbuster display to make sure it doesn't turn into a Walmart brawl and ends up on Worldstar.

That's the "great deals" stuff that will purposefully out of their area.

For example, a few years ago, Beats were like $99 for the $299 or whatever version. But they're not in Electronics. They were in Grocery. And the Instapot or whatever it's called was not in Small Electrics, it was in Beauty. TVs were in Softlines. Etc.

So that's where the map comes in. You'll see where your doorbuster items will be throughout your store.
They need TMs at each doorbuster display to make sure it doesn't turn into a Walmart brawl and ends up on Worldstar.

I've never been on the front lines like this before. Now you have me just a little scared. I'm a dumpy chick with no muscle definition and in no shape to deal with an angry shopping mob :p

I work 5pm-2am starting on Thanksgiving day. It says General Merchandise on top and on the bottom it says FOS, does that mean I'll be a cashier or trying (and likely failing) to keep dollarspot clean (or whatever you guys call it. Spot's playground)
My guess is you will be doing reshop for most of your shift.

I have a Wednesday shift from 6 PM to 2 AM, and that just doesn't seem right to me. I'm Electronics, but the department says its in Toys/GM, which is not something I've been trained in or even said I wanted to do. Furthermore, I don't have a car so that makes it harder to go home. Hopefully, this was an error or not finalized. I need to call up HR tomorrow. The rest of the schedule? Great. Off Thanksgiving and I think maybe Clopen for Friday-Saturday, but Im not in Front End, so I guess my transfer to Electronics is almost done.

Update: My schedule updated this afternoon after it was on Kronos. Thanksgiving I'm doing LSA to start, but then I'm MCO in Electronics? I have no clue what MCO stands for.
Friday is updated to seasonal. Weeee!
Weirdly enough, the 2 days before Thursday I'm under presentation and visual merchandiser. I'm assuming the VM shift is somehow a DBO for amplified gifting as it as AG next to it, but who knows. I'm more worried about presentation tbh. Sure, I can do endcap sale's planners, but heck if I know what all those things mean on a plano. Hope it works out.

Update: My schedule updated this afternoon after it was on Kronos. Thanksgiving I'm doing LSA to start, but then I'm MCO in Electronics? I have no clue what MCO stands for.
Friday is updated to seasonal. Weeee!
Weirdly enough, the 2 days before Thursday I'm under presentation and visual merchandiser. I'm assuming the VM shift is somehow a DBO for amplified gifting as it as AG next to it, but who knows. I'm more worried about presentation tbh. Sure, I can do endcap sale's planners, but heck if I know what all those things mean on a plano. Hope it works out.

maybe “mycheckout”

I have a Wednesday shift from 6 PM to 2 AM, and that just doesn't seem right to me. I'm Electronics, but the department says its in Toys/GM, which is not something I've been trained in or even said I wanted to do. Furthermore, I don't have a car so that makes it harder to go home. Hopefully, this was an error or not finalized. I need to call up HR tomorrow. The rest of the schedule? Great. Off Thanksgiving and I think maybe Clopen for Friday-Saturday, but Im not in Front End, so I guess my transfer to Electronics is almost done.

This shift is for setting up merchandise/endcaps for Thursday's opening. This is how TMs at my store were scheduled as well. Probably ASANTS, but we were told no overnight shifts for set up so this is what we got.

You will be putting up ad.

Back