Archived LGBT Pride Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also another example would be parents shoving their sexuality on their kids "you need to find a husband/wife!!!!"

Straights slobbering on each other in public. I literally saw this couple walking and every single cross walk they stopped and waited and made out. To be fair tho I wouldnt want to see this from a gay couple either. Its gross.

The reason I personally choose to announce iM SO FUCKI N G GAY (disclaimer im pan) is because its poking fun of all the times people would make fun of me or my friends for not being straight and the whole gay as an insult thing.

Maybe not you but all those straights who shove clothing on their little boys that say something like "lady killer" "ladies man" "i love tatas" like thats clearly shoving a sexuality at someone, even worse when its a child.

Also another example would be parents shoving their sexuality on their kids "you need to find a husband/wife!!!!"

Straights slobbering on each other in public. I literally saw this couple walking and every single cross walk they stopped and waited and made out. To be fair tho I wouldnt want to see this from a gay couple either. Its gross.

The reason I personally choose to announce iM SO FUCKI N G GAY (disclaimer im pan) is because its poking fun of all the times people would make fun of me or my friends for not being straight and the whole gay as an insult thing.

You are so right when it comes to kids' clothing. I've always cringed a bit because it's teaching the child sexism, but I had never considered that it also was shoving sexuality down the child's throat. But yeah, you are right. Same thing for pushing a social role on an adult child, just because it's the most common role doesn't mean it's the right one for that adult child.

Whenever I say "My husband and I went to Outback Steakhouse for lunch", whenever I say "Love you" to him or hear it back, whenever I talk about how he would just love this particular item I am putting away, I am basically screaming at the top of my lungs "I am heterosexual and proud of it!" So yeah, we do announce it. We announce it loud in our actions and words. All the time, every day, we are announcing our sexuality very clearly. So it's not just the gay folks shoving sexuality down people's throats. We just really don't think of all the ways we are doing it as well.

it is not just older people that have a issue with the LGBT anyone who thinks that is mistaken. A person can date or marry whoever they want, but LGBT people need to stop advertising what they are. There is no need for all the rainbow junk or to advertise that a person is gay.

Oh, where do I begin ???

LGBTQ people just recently "won" the right to marry. Until 2015, there was no equality. I put "won" in quotes because a human being in the United States should not have to fight for rights, there should never have been anything to "win".

Gay men were prohibited from donating blood in the 1980's and that ban is still enforced. There is no overt statement to this effect however the requirements are strict and there is a deferment if a potential male donor has had same sex relations within the past 12 months. There is no such deferment for male/female relations, or female/female relations.

Children of LGBTQ parents face discrimination at school and often will not be admitted to Catholic schools. The archdiocese discriminates against little children just because they have same sex parents.

So called "religious freedom" laws still enable discrimination in the workplace.

Conversion Therapy: Do I really need to spell this medieval torture out???

Jury selection: This ban was lifted in 2014. Wow, a whole three years of equality there.

There is a history of abuse in foster care, of assault and rape on transgendered people everywhere.

Being gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, queer, or anything other than straight white male while living in the US is a societal indictment of who you are. You're less, you're not "normal", you don't have full citizen rights.

So do NOT say there's no need for "rainbow junk".

That "rainbow junk" is not to advertise a person is gay, it is there to say "WE'RE HUMAN, WE DESERVE RIGHTS".

When YOU people stop treating LGBTQ humans differently, then there will be no need for "pride" merchandise or marches. Until there is equality and there are no more marginalized people in society, there will always be a need for pride and activism.

Equality will never happen. If the LGBT people want to be treated like equals they need to stop forcing their views and sexuality onto others.

Oh god, you really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

On behalf of every LGBTQ person on the planet, I apologise that we knocked on your door and tried to put our FABULOUS pamphlet in your hand. Gosh golly, if we'd known you were sooooooo not sexy, we would have skipped your house.

:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p

Last edited:
lol meanwhile at my store ....
a TM was fired for using the word "twink" which is apparently a derogatory gay word. (its not.) yet TMs and some TLs use the word "f*g*ot" and nothing is done about that because THAT word is just a curse word. 9_9 but i guess thats okay because we also have a TL that addresses his TMs as "my ni**a" and then askes them to do things. so what do i know? i have been informed (outside of work) that my white privilege grants me ignorance to many things pertaining to this. so what do i know?

There were labels in infants for Tiddlywinks product that was shortened to Twinks.

Curious... what is the straight symbol?

I want something cool like that colorful rainbow!

I Agree, we
Underwhelming.
54eb3957a0528d3f0942dd18fe692dca.jpg

To me this looks sexy and gets me excited.

I must be one of those un-special straights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back