Archived Limited opportunity....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole raise process that I have heard is all you need to understand that Target does not care about its workers. The goal is for them to keep them happy enough as compared to other (equally if not more crappy) retail jobs, but still treat them poorly when it comes to compensation. Quotas for MERIT RAISES? It's not a merit raise when you're told you're a great worker by your TLs and then receive an IE. They get together and lowball everyone because Target wants that. Because they can.

I'm lucky. My wife is a teacher who is represented by a strong union and has good health care with decent benefits so we do OK.
Since most of my check pretty much only covers child support and grocery's, that would not be the case otherwise.
I also know people working in my store who are on medicare for their kids healthcare.

The whole raise process that I have heard is all you need to understand that Target does not care about its workers. The goal is for them to keep them happy enough as compared to other (equally if not more crappy) retail jobs, but still treat them poorly when it comes to compensation. Quotas for MERIT RAISES? It's not a merit raise when you're told you're a great worker by your TLs and then receive an IE. They get together and lowball everyone because Target wants that. Because they can.

If a team member gets an IE in my store we better have the documentation to prove the IE. They shouldn't be surprised to recieve the low score, because you better have been working with them. Quotas for merit raises? Never heard of such a thing before this thread. I do know that it is extremely difficult to get an O, but most of my team recieved E or better this year. One question, do other stores require an IE for TM's under 90 days? Mine does. Also if your attendance is bad it will tank your score like nothing else.

Personally, I like the idea of a merit raise, but I believe it should be combined with a baseline cost of living raise for everyone. I do agree that the raises are pitiful and don't even cover the rising cost of living. I think even ETL's realize this. I can also say that at least 5 of my TM's are on gov't assistance and have to watch their hours because if their pay raises too much they will lose what little help they get. When you go over the poverty line by $5.00 and lose your food benefits, I'd say there is a definite gap there. That extra 5 bucks isn't going to buy $300 worth of groceries next month. So how is that helping anyone? Unless a person recieves a substantial raise, they will still be robbing Peter to pay Paul, living paycheck to paycheck and on gov't assistance because they can't afford that extra $5.

I hope all that made some kind of sense..

I personally know of 4 cashiers I work with who are full-time (32+ hrs/wk) that depend on foodstamps, medicaid &/or gov-asst childcare. 2 are single moms with 1-2 kids (no support from baby-daddy or help from state tracking him down); 1 is married w/kids & husband works; other one husband is out of work & takes care of kids. There are others on FS but aren't FT.

^This. There are quite a few girls at my store who fall into this category: got pregnant early, baby-daddys dropped out of the picture, girls dropped out of school to make ends meet, now they're on food stamps and seem on track to spend the rest of their lives stuck at Target. It's so sad: some of them are younger than I am. :(

Don't forget to voice your comments or concerns to Benefits.Feedback@target.com for pay & benefit comments/concerns, or via eHR on the "Let Us Know" program which is also another place you can go to voice comment/suggestions/etc about all aspects of target. And lastly any serious issues or allegations need to be voiced at the Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline 800#, and of course don't forget to utilize the free benefit of the Team Member Life Resources 877-616-0510 for personal, family, legal, and financial assistance.

Going along with that, why do they close guest's Red Cards after a few months of non-usage without giving the guest a heads up? I can't tell you how many guests I've asked to sign up for a Red Card who have told me they had one, couldn't use it for x amount of months and it was closed on them without warning/notice/etc. They said that because of that they would never sign up for another Red Card again.

I get why this would be frustrating for the guest, but it is accounts for about 75% of the guests I get to sign up for a red card, so I'd rather it not be stopped. Is that selfish...?

Don't forget to voice your comments or concerns to Benefits.Feedback@target.com for pay & benefit comments/concerns, or via eHR on the "Let Us Know" program which is also another place you can go to voice comment/suggestions/etc about all aspects of target. And lastly any serious issues or allegations need to be voiced at the Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline 800#, and of course don't forget to utilize the free benefit of the Team Member Life Resources 877-616-0510 for personal, family, legal, and financial assistance.

The digital equivalent of pissing up a waterfall.

It's more like people volunteering to form a committee to do a study on the amount of unnecessary work.

You just don't do it.

I sure wish people would wise up to the benefits of unions
I'm sorry but it seems that if a company that employs a person full time and the government (i.e. us) having to pay for their kids health care or even augment the paycheck in order for the person to keep food on the table then something is seriously wrong.
That is not a case of a company "encouraging people to get off a cycle of poverty and dependency", it is a scam of the highest order whereby a corporation takes the one thing of value the people have to offer and demean it.
By making your work seem like garbage, something they can get anywhere, that is so unimportant they can cut you off and send you home when ever they please then they will always be in control.
With the Koch brothers, Citizens United, Targets anti-union efforts, the efforts by some states to strip all rights to negotiate, your right corporations are never going to have to really pay people what they are worth.

On the subject of executive compensation ... when the people who have unlimited money to create the world they want keep getting that money we are well and truly screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back