Archived LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackapron

Starbucks TL
How do I initiate an educational LOA? Can they make you work during December if you go to school in another state?

To initiate an educational LOA, please talk to your ETL-HR. These are approved/denied on a store level, typically our store always likes to help our team out and will approve of any LOA for legit reasons.

As for making you work in December, those are agreements that need to be made when requesting your LOA. Please agree on a date with your ETL-HR for a return date. If you both agree on a date, then the system won’t release you back into our scheduling and active payroll system until your release date. Therefore meaning you won’t be scheduled if your release date is after December. (Unless your released early by your request if you arrive back to town early)

I know ASANTS but please seek help from your HR, they’ll give you the best direct answer to your question. Good luck on your LOA

I believe LOAs like education expire in 6 months from start date so if start in like August your LOA would go past December but you have to be able to work some dates just to keep it active and extend the LOA. They won’t make you work the whole month but some key dates. And they maybe able to work some transfer agreement that will allow you to transfer from home to school location to home (during summer) and then back to school and so on.
Edu LOAs are one year.

You can transfer to another spot near your school & work there. But let your hr know this fact. Also, you keep your discount too.

You can’t always transfer. The other store has to have a place for you AND want you. So if you have poor attendance or other issues, you may not be able to transfer.

And for the love of all things holy, tell your store if you decide to not return.

You can’t always transfer. The other store has to have a place for you AND want you. So if you have poor attendance or other issues, you may not be able to transfer.

And for the love of all things holy, tell your store if you decide to not return.
My loa tm was a great one & had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back