Archived Locked in the store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the TM door varies at lot by store. Our store has a regular door (not automatic) in the side of our vestibule, in between the two sets of automatic doors. That is the door we use during off hours.

I believe the LOD could avoid CA if they announce on the intercom that they are leaving for the night and all TMs have a few minutes to make their way up and leave. I could be mistaken, but a peer within my district said she would have gotten put on CA if she had not done that, because a TM kept on working and ignored it. She thought that TM had left already because she was with a guest at close and the team left at close so she couldn't watch everyone.

The PA system? That's the mumbly thing in the ceiling that nobody can hear and is never getting fixed, right?

I think once a month somebody tries to use our store's and its always turned down so low because otherwise it buzzes nonstop.

Also I'm glad the latest I work is 3pm because yeah, I might freak out a bit if I got left behind.

Weird, we use it daily. There's a camera pointing at it that is viewable from the HR office. If we come in before 8 AM we come to the door and press a button next to it and get let in by whoever is at the HR office, they have a button that when pushed briefly unlocks/disarms the door.

Different store different process, we used to use that door but the overnight ETL didn't want to walk in the tic then over to the alarm panel. So front cart door.

I've locked a Team Member in the store before and left for the night.... I felt horrible! The team member just left through the TSC door and the alarm went of and I had to go back to the store for the Alarm call.... I felt so bad, I bought that that team member lunch/dinner for a week.

Aren't the phone numbers for leadership posted in the emergency guides? You know the flip books hung in strategic places throughout the store. I think the TM should get coached as well as the LOD. Not a 911 situation.

I believe the LOD could avoid CA if they announce on the intercom that they are leaving for the night and all TMs have a few minutes to make their way up and leave. I could be mistaken, but a peer within my district said she would have gotten put on CA if she had not done that, because a TM kept on working and ignored it. She thought that TM had left already because she was with a guest at close and the team left at close so she couldn't watch everyone.
This is not played in the cooler/freezer. So it's a useless way to get closers all out. Which I remind them of every time I hear it.
Aren't the phone numbers for leadership posted in the emergency guides? You know the flip books hung in strategic places throughout the store. I think the TM should get coached as well as the LOD. Not a 911 situation.
I know our rolodex is on the tsc desk so I'd just call someone.

When I switched from opens to closed I almost got locked in. Closing tl asked me what I was still doing there and they were trying to leave early. I told her working my scheduled shift, what did she think?

Under the store fact is your upper mgt contact info. In some of the etl offices, it maybe posted to a bulletin board.

We had this happen at my store several years ago....the team member was zoning and got left behind. She texted a team member who had a etls number....they returned to the store and let her out. The funny thing was that when they came to let her out....She told the etl...that she was about to open the fire door so the alarm would go off....the etl looked at her and said....we would had written you up for that.

I have never seen an emergency guide in this store, and they certainly don't post leadership's phone numbers for other people to find here. A TM's only option, if they were smart enough, would be to call alert one.

I have never seen an emergency guide in this store, and they certainly don't post leadership's phone numbers for other people to find here. A TM's only option, if they were smart enough, would be to call alert one.
I have seen the STLs and Log etls number on the emergency chart located in receiving .

lol, if I was locked in a store. The last thing I'd worry about is setting of the alarm. I'd go right out tsc, if not, then the fire exit. And I'd do a punch correction to get paid for it

I have seen the STLs and Log etls number on the emergency chart located in receiving .

This must be in a store by store basis.

This is why, when I close GSA, I always help the LOD make sure everyone is out of the building...though with myTime everyone leaves at close now except for the GSA and LOD. Making sure the building is empty and that it is secure are so important...and definitely deserve finals if not done. But it's probably the worst thing in the world to get put on a final for when it can be so easily avoided with a bit of teamwork. Since I like (most of) them, I will do whatever I can to help double check things on our way out...cash office armed, TMs out...no extra cars in the parking lot, building armed...watch the LOD double check to be sure the doors are secure...all little things just to be sure everything is kosher and they sleep well that night.

We currently have an LOD on a final for not properly securing the building. I'm glad I wasn't with her that night when it happened.
One of my LODs is so cranky that I would not be sad at all if she got fired if someone got locked in and she was put on final warning.

I was only mere minutes from getting locked in one night. I was like, really...? I would have walked right out the emergency doors and went home.

hypothetically, say if you had it in for a certain lod and they were closing that night and you work.
You could not come up at close and be locked in getting that lod in a lot of trouble even fired.

hypothetically, say if you had it in for a certain lod and they were closing that night and you work.
You could not come up at close and be locked in getting that lod in a lot of trouble even fired.
I don't think I could be that evil, haha!

I find this interesting. Any time there's any issue with an employee locked inside of the store the authorities usually alert the contact number and an LOD has to come unlock the doors. At least that's how it's worked in the past at my store. The authorities have never had to "break" in.

This must be in a store by store basis.

My store's flipcharts don't have the STL or ETLs personal phone numbers, just the store number. That would do a lot of good when you're locked in! :|

If I had been locked in, I would have been furious. I would have been very tempted to pick up one of the metal trash bins and throw it at the glass entrance.

Would that seriously be worth the vandalism/willful destruction of property charges and restitution you would be paying after you found a different job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back