Archived Locked in the store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so closing with lod's, they are supposed to do a security walk before closing. this ensures there's no team members or guests still in the building. if they see you didn't do one and locked someone inside, that's instant termination. if you have ap in the building they can do that for you. most are lazy. they'll do the walk with guests still in the store while making sure the zones are done. i've offered to do security walks, and only the sr tl's ever take me up on it. etl ap always has me do it and questions me on her peers if we don't have a tps.

to me that'd be close to instant termination for the team member too. there's no reason you should be locked inside. you need a working walkie, if you don't have one after close its on you. its like meal violations. yeah your supervisor will get in trouble, but its on your record too

If I got locked in, I wouldn't know where to look for a LOD or STL phone number.
If I could find a telephone book, I'd see if I could find the local non-emergency phone number.
If I didn't find a number I'd just walk out one of the big Red emergency exit and go home.

Last edited:
In all reality though. What is the true policy if this were to happen if no LOD or ETL numbers were posted?

LOL why not crack open a few beers and sleep on on some crib matresses!
They locked the beer coolers at night:(
Wow haha. Not all out alcohol is in coolers . Why not subt some warm ones from back room and THEN GRAB SOME CRIB MATRESSES YEAHHH
Warm beer..ugh.

Use the fridge in the break room ;)

I'd only have about 5 hours to do anything. TBH I'd probably just spend the time cleaning the breakroom or something. Organizing the cabinets, idk. Just cleaning up the TM area.

My question is why the motion alarm didn't go off?
There are motion alarms? I didnt think that there were because we once had to stay over night for about a week until our smoke alarms got fixed. They were broken for about a week. They kept going off when there was no smoke anywere.

We don't have motion alarms; we have perimeter alarms that go off if a fire/dock door is opened or glass broken at the entrance.

At our store we have perimeter and motion alarms. Two different panels. We're a never store so this might be why.

A 'never' store?
You never get robbed?

That means the motion alarms are working!

Seriously though, I was told by multiple ETLs that if you get locked in you call 911. Unless you
have an ETLs phone number.

The other day me and another new girl were closing a shift, and I was kind of worried about getting locked in the store since they don't announce on the intercom that we're leaving and that's what I'm used to. But as we were leaving a TL told the other new girl to fold the sweaters real quick, so the girl did and almost got locked in the store. She came running down the breakroom and shouting at us not to leave yet, and the LOD got super mad at her.

The other day me and another new girl were closing a shift, and I was kind of worried about getting locked in the store since they don't announce on the intercom that we're leaving and that's what I'm used to. But as we were leaving a TL told the other new girl to fold the sweaters real quick, so the girl did and almost got locked in the store. She came running down the breakroom and shouting at us not to leave yet, and the LOD got super mad at her.
Its the LODS job to make sure the sure the store is cleared and that every single team member is accounted for. There is no reason why the LOD should of got mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back