Archived LOCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best way to purge a stockroom? Used to utilize LOCU on the PDA.

Like if I want all the seasonal out of the stockroom, what is the fastest way to pull all of it?

Boo....

LOCU on PDA--> scan Location label. /done

What if the items aren't "in location?"

Wouldn't that create errors for BRLA?

I am guessing there are quite a few Baffles in my stock room.

Toys is jacked up in Br. Also, the factor that folks scanning everything in location correctly or throwing in a Waco without scanning it. Pull everything..

Last edited:
I was hoping not to have to scan every single DPCI.

Boo

@taytay - please bring back a true LOCU. I need to fix my backroom..... quickly.

More info:
It's in the Audit app now. You go into Audit and scan a backroom location to update it. Scanning nothing and hitting Done, then OK, will remove everything from that location. Scanning product will add them to the location, and you can scan the same DPCI multiple times to add to the count (first message asks how many are there, second message after scanning the same DPCI asks how many more).

It's so much slower because there are added steps. The plus side is that you can enter locations manually, though that's ripe for abuse.

I probably screwed up all the backroom numbers then, the day I was told to purge an aisle. I hit Audit>scan location>done. All items magically removed from the location. Baffles galore I'm sure.
Things change, nobody tells me the new way, so I figure it out until I hear different. Weeks ago now, so if there was a fallout, idk anything about it.

That won't create an error? Say you don't scan anything, but DPCI's are actually in location - will it create an error if you don't scan any of the items?

I reboot my Zebra all.the.time since the scanner stops working...

Great when I am in a hurry, which is all the time.

Last edited:
So, use

Audit, Scan BR location label, hit done?

will clear all the located stock without creating an error for BRLA?

Last edited:
I probably screwed up all the backroom numbers then, the day I was told to purge an aisle. I hit Audit>scan location>done. All items magically removed from the location. Baffles galore I'm sure.
Things change, nobody tells me the new way, so I figure it out until I hear different. Weeks ago now, so if there was a fallout, idk anything about it.
Thats a coaching haha but don't worry modernization leadership will take the hit.

I've been using the fuck out of Audit to purge these BR shelves that are packed out with Sterilite and RE bins. For some reason they like to send us 500 times more than we really need. We had a whole ton of almost empty clearance endcaps so I condensed it all down to two and crammed it all on the rest. Advantages of ETL-log* being on vacation and the LOD being our newbie "little boy-TL" who was too busy being overwhelmed elsewhere to notice that I overstayed. Sorry/not sorry, give me that bread or your BRLA is red!

*not his title anymore but I will continue to use it to spite HQ :^)

I've been using the fuck out of Audit to purge these BR shelves that are packed out with Sterilite and RE bins. For some reason they like to send us 500 times more than we really need. We had a whole ton of almost empty clearance endcaps so I condensed it all down to two and crammed it all on the rest. Advantages of ETL-log* being on vacation and the LOD being our newbie "little boy-TL" who was too busy being overwhelmed elsewhere to notice that I overstayed. Sorrry not sorry, give me that bread or your BRLA is red!
*not his title anymore but I will continue to use it to spite HQ :^)
You're to much of a rockstar please come to my high volume store we need someone that just do stuff without being told or take advantage of it by letting leadership knows. If I were to fix shyt in the backroom I always let leadership knows that their team fucked up and I had to do the work.

Doing anything in a backroom location in audit will not create an error unless you're doing the daily backroom system lead audit.

This is good to know. I've always been a bit hesitant to fix locations with Audit because of that. It being called "audit" and all made it feel like we'd be dinged if the system expected any items in a location and I told it there were none.

As a side note, something like a "purge locations" dialog where you could purge multiple locations at once would be spiffy. Similar to the dialog where we can create/print a range of locations. Though I suppose some sort of confirmation requiring an ETL+ to approve might not be a bad idea to prevent abuse/accidental mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back