Archived LODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, STL works M-F/S (opens the store, I think) and is “LOD” while they are there. Then you have your TLs for the work centers, whatever they may be, who handle issues for their departments. Then there is the recovery TL who is essentially the closing LOD. Only thing I’m not sure about is weekends, as recovery TL is supposed to have weekends off. I can’t say anything of this is completely factual, just what I’ve gathered from my sources.

From what I understand, STL works M-F/S (opens the store, I think) and is “LOD” while they are there. Then you have your TLs for the work centers, whatever they may be, who handle issues for their departments. Then there is the recovery TL who is essentially the closing LOD. Only thing I’m not sure about is weekends, as recovery TL is supposed to have weekends off. I can’t say anything of this is completely factual, just what I’ve gathered from my sources.
Weekends still rotate with etls

This is exactly how my store is being ran!

Also, call outs now go to the direct leader of the respective departments. So if the ETL of that department is in, it goes to them. If the ETL is not in then it goes to the TL of that department.

Also, call outs now go to the direct leader of the respective departments. So if the ETL of that department is in, it goes to them. If the ETL is not in then it goes to the TL of that department.
Our store isn’t quite there yet but I already ha far most things for my feltz I honestly can’t wait for the changes

I must say this thread has given me quite a bit of insight and I must say helpful. I have been at Target for a little over a year and a half so not new but certainly not as experienced as some other people that post here or others in my store. The reason I stop by here is always trying to find ways to improve my performance and gain more experience. Some things mentioned here will definitely cause me to change how I handle guest issues. I am a GSTM so I field a lot of guest issues regarding returns, lost and found, paid and lefts, order pickup, holds, policy questions, etc. some of which get tricky. Honestly thinking back I do feel like Im going to the "LOD" more than I should be and not to the GSA/GSTL which has arguably more experience with those things than the LOD unless the LOD also happens to be the ETL-GE which is unlikely most days.

When a guest asks for a manager I should be parking the call and asking the GSTL to grab it for a guest service/front end issues not the LOD. I just in my mind know "LOD" is "higher" than GSTL/GSA but they honestly aren't the best ones to go to for the solution.

It makes perfect sense to keep your areas issues to your area as much as possible and majority of the time the LOD/STL doesn't even need to know about it. Majority of front end issues don't need to go higher than GSA/TL and a very small percentage may go to the ETL-GE but the current LOD probably not.

God I feel dumb but you live and learn

When a guest asks for a manager I should be parking the call and asking the GSTL to grab it for a guest service/front end issues not the LOD. I just in my mind know "LOD" is "higher" than GSTL/GSA but they honestly aren't the best ones to go to for the solution.

95% of the time, you as a GSTM are better poised to resolve the issue than the GSA/GSTL. First words out of my mouth when someone asks for a manager are, "How can I help you?" It is rare that it needs to go further than me because my store leadership has made it clear that I am empowered to handle my business. We have blanket guidance for most scenarios, including how to handle pushback.

GSA/GSTL at my store are normally busy, why bother them with the mundane. And, yes, Karen with the GetMeAManager haircut complaining about our price match policy is mundane. And, I generally know the work arounds in our system better than them because I'm in Guest Service Land more often.

If I'm calling my LOD, it's normally by name and for something the GSA/GSTL can't tell me or didn't find out. For instance, how are we handling reshop today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back