Archived LODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we’re all trying to say is you’re not calling your immediate supervisor. You’re calling the immediate supervisor of the area the guest question is dealing with. Example, complicated return question goes to GSTL/ETL GE, not SFTL.

Even when LOD was a thing as a GSTL I'd try to keep LOD calls down to a minimum because I knew they were busy elsewhere. If I heard a guest service TM call for LOD I knew I had the answer 90% of the time, no need to get the LOD involved.

Even when LOD was a thing as a GSTL I'd try to keep LOD calls down to a minimum because I knew they were busy elsewhere. If I heard a guest service TM call for LOD I knew I had the answer 90% of the time, no need to get the LOD involved.
The shit that pisses me off the most is when my front end team members or any team member calls the “LOD” for a front end issue.. I will go as far as coaching them for it.

LOD agrees and tells them the same thing.

My main opening and closing LOD barely know a thing about the front as it is.

If you have Team Leads who only deal with mundane problems then holy shit your store is ass backwards. Either that or you severely undervalue just how much TL's know about their departments.

Mundane problems should be handled by Team Members, if you can't handle any guest problems and need to be calling a TL every minute you should be retrained or not employed.
You have a weird idea of mundane.

Example, a woman saw the back of a clearance sign 8 or so feet in the air, well away from the half wall it was on and demanded she be given 70% clearance price for regular price items on the other side of the half wall and demanded a manager when I said no. Mundane. When all tasks cannot be finished and some are unusual and uncommon, prioritizing whether standard tasks or special projects come first. Mundane. Coordinate getting the equipment that I don't know how to use so someone can get the item(s) that a guest threw up in the air and it's stuck 10 feet up. Mundane. Talking to the guest with the pet, guest didn't say service dog, who throws a fit after I politely say no pets. Mundane.

So what's your definition of mundane? Can't imagine it's any more simple than that.

You have a weird idea of mundane.

Example, a woman saw the back of a clearance sign 8 or so feet in the air, well away from the half wall it was on and demanded she be given 70% clearance price for regular price items on the other side of the half wall and demanded a manager when I said no. Mundane. When all tasks cannot be finished and some are unusual and uncommon, prioritizing whether standard tasks or special projects come first. Mundane. Coordinate getting the equipment that I don't know how to use so someone can get the item(s) that a guest threw up in the air and it's stuck 10 feet up. Mundane. Talking to the guest with the pet, guest didn't say service dog, who throws a fit after I politely say no pets. Mundane.

So what's your definition of mundane? Can't imagine it's any more simple than that.

You were the one arguing that TL's can only deal with mundane tasks. My point was no, they can deal with both.

I have no idea what you're trying to say by this post, I'm honestly confused.

You were the one who said that TLs shouldn't deal with mundane tasks and that my store is "ass backwards". What I stated are mundane common tasks that I felt were beyond my level of handling myself. So am I wrong because I did grab someone for the listed mundane tasks, or are they tasks that I should have grabbed someone and you for whatever reason think they aren't mundane tasks who should be handled by TMs?

The shit that pisses me off the most is when my front end team members or any team member calls the “LOD” for a front end issue.. I will go as far as coaching them for it.

THIS!!!

You were the one who said that TLs shouldn't deal with mundane tasks and that my store is "ass backwards". What I stated are mundane common tasks that I felt were beyond my level of handling myself. So am I wrong because I did grab someone for the listed mundane tasks, or are they tasks that I should have grabbed someone and you for whatever reason think they aren't mundane tasks who should be handled by TMs

I don't know man all I was trying to say was that LODs are going away and it's for the better, and you had a problem with that.

I explained why I don't think you should have a problem with it; and If you still do, great, that's your decision. I respect that. I'm gonna let this thread stay on topic because I'm starting to not get the points you're trying to make.

😘

LOD is going away and it’s a good thing, for work centers and for those who had to be LOD for half their shift. All the in between shit can be figured out by stores. Proper feedback needs to be given (wins and ops) so that this new system can improve. And no this doesn’t mean bitching about what we used to do and why the new way doesn’t work.

So the new op model throws up several layers of bureaucracy between the person with the issue and the person who can answer/handle the issue, and this is considered progress how?

Gotta do something with those $80k East African basketweaving degrees

I feel kinda stupid for a asking but how do I access Workbench? When I was hired last month I dont recall them ever mentioning it during orientation

When I first started with target as gsa I needed an issue handled at GS and I called the LOD and he straight up told me “idk man figure it out that’s what we pay you for”. I never asked him for help ever again. Also I hated when my cashiers/Gs called the LOD before me. I had a Sr. TL snap on one of my GSTMs for calling her up there three times and never once calling me.

When I first started with target as gsa I needed an issue handled at GS and I called the LOD and he straight up told me “idk man figure it out that’s what we pay you for”. I never asked him for help ever again. Also I hated when my cashiers/Gs called the LOD before me. I had a Sr. TL snap on one of my GSTMs for calling her up there three times and never once calling me.
at my store LODs (and sometimes GSTLs) won't come over without having you go to another channel and asking you what's up

at my store LODs (and sometimes GSTLs) won't come over without having you go to another channel and asking you what's up
Most of the time it can be handled over the walkie and no need to waste time going up there if you’re busy. I was called to GS while I was taking care of unloading the truck at my store and I had them go to another channel just for them to ask me about a price challenge.

I do this a lot now as LOD but typically when the LOD was called to GS it’s a legitimate reason because 99% percent of my TMs knew to only call the LOD when it was absolutely necessary.... well except for this one TM

Most of the time it can be handled over the walkie and no need to waste time going up there if you’re busy. I was called to GS while I was taking care of unloading the truck at my store and I had them go to another channel just for them to ask me about a price challenge.
In GSs defense here for anything other than a minor price change I always get approval (granted, usually from GSTL) so that if AP asks what’s up I can be like well so and so approved it. Kinda petty, but I’m paranoid about being fired lol

So how is attendance done with no lod? A tm today told me he almost got a no call no show from the other day but then a tl spoke up and verified he called out. Like, he was written up and it was ready to go.

As soon as I heard the no lod news I immediately thought of attendance issues. Now I've seen it be a problem. What are other stores doing?

I would assume the expectation is that the team member's immediate leader would take the phone call in the first place if they're working; if they aren't working, whoever takes the call could send them an email. I wish it was always like that - it sucked at 515pm and I'd be looking for my 5pm cashier and find out they called off at 9am and no one passed the message along or attempted to get it covered or anything. Or one of my team members calls off two days in a row and I don't even hear about it for like 3 weeks because I happened to be off those two days - how am I supposed to hold them accountable for their attendance if I have no idea there is a problem?

So how is attendance done with no lod? A tm today told me he almost got a no call no show from the other day but then a tl spoke up and verified he called out. Like, he was written up and it was ready to go.

As soon as I heard the no lod news I immediately thought of attendance issues. Now I've seen it be a problem. What are other stores doing?
Should be included in the LODs nightly email or however your store handles attendance. Even with LODs the names just go down on a piece of paper or in an email at the end of the night that HR can reference when they code the absence in mytime. With no LODs the TLs would just need to be better about communicating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back