Archived Lol my ETL asked why don't you have a Target Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to say because they suck but I'm not over my 90 yet

So I said because I get miles on my card and I like traveling

Lol I don't buy crap at target

Not sure if they still do it, but they used to just hand new hires applications for redcards during orientation. Try saying no then!

I felt this was wrong. Any other opinions?

For most, the redcard can be a good thing, especially if youre purchasing food for breaks a lot. The main reason I use it, is so I can use my discount and not have to pay cash/check.

I wanted to say because they suck but I'm not over my 90 yet

So I said because I get miles on my card and I like traveling

Lol I don't buy crap at target

I don't buy stuff at Target either, never have. Didn't even go into target tell I applied for a job there.

I use mine for buying stuff on breaks and my wife was a dedicated Target shopper well before I started working for Spot so she saves a bundle.
Funny part was they turned me down for the credit card and only gave me the debit card after looking into my background.
No automatic approval for one of their employees, no sir.

I really don't like the idea of handing new hires applications, that smacks of coercion.

They were just saying in NPR on one of their money programs last week that it's better financially to take a cash discount than by into those mileage programs. But the mileage one makes people feel better, so even the person who said it's better to do it the other way has the mileage card.

I hate pushing the stupid things, but they didn't ask my opinion so I just do it. I have the debit card only because I want to be able to get my discount when I don't have enough cash or have my checkbook with me (which is never).

Lol, **** target's red card. I think i'll stick with USAA and my $1,000 limit, bonus thing is I can use it *anywhere* and not just at the Red Circles of Hell.

EDIT: if I mess up and miss a payment or go over my limit, I don't have to pay 27%, my rate is a third of that. Lol.

Last edited:
I would but my Credit doesn't exist, and I dont have any real checks and am to lazy to order some from the bank.

I don't like having a gazillion little entries into my account so I use my red card & make a single payment at service desk.
They don't make any money off me.

Theres no down side to getting the Debit Card other than its one more card in your wallet. But it saves you 5% today and everyday plus your 10% team member discount! Think about all the possibilities! ;) :D

One thing to know when you use the Check Card is sometimes it can take up to a week to clear. I learned the hard way when I ended up with overdraft fees that totaled half my paycheck. I also learned how to bamboozle the bank into getting them all taken off when they weren't supposed to. It was my fault though.

One thing to know when you use the Check Card is sometimes it can take up to a week to clear. I learned the hard way when I ended up with overdraft fees that totaled half my paycheck. I also learned how to bamboozle the bank into getting them all taken off when they weren't supposed to. It was my fault though.

Yes the clear time is very poor, I agree. They need to update this problem as well as a bunch of other things in store. Faster registers and easier ways to apply for the check card would benefit the company greatly.

To be honest, I really don't like the card much either. I have the Target Visa thing, and it's APR is like 20%... So I only use the card to pay for Groceries, and I pay it in full every month. I bet Spot hates me...

To be honest, I really don't like the card much either. I have the Target Visa thing, and it's APR is like 20%... So I only use the card to pay for Groceries, and I pay it in full every month. I bet Spot hates me...

that's what I do, and I figured they would cancel it eventually. I hope not because I can use it anywhere. Oh the sparkly bullseyes!

I don't like having a gazillion little entries into my account so I use my red card & make a single payment at service desk.
They don't make any money off me.

This. If you can get approved for the credit card, pay it off at Guest Service right after you use it so you don't accrue any interest. I try to emphasize this to guests.

I love my check card! It only takes a few days to clear for me and since I usually just deduct it right away in my check register I've never had a problem with it. Have the Tgt Visa but try to not use it.

^ me too! usually anything i buy with my debit card clears by the end of the business day too! Oh wait, I don't have a spot card...

i was leary at getting one, but now that i have it i love it. 15% off every purchase is nice, and lets face it at the end of a shift its super convenient to buy what you need at spot instead of going somewhere else. my only issue is the clear time, but ive always wrote down my debits and credits in notebook ever since i stopped writing checks. its basic math and super simple.

That's usually your banks fault. It takes no more then 3 days to clear for me which is the standard time for an ACH to clear(ACH usually takes business days 3-5 days). It's a a check card so it takes the same time as a check to clear.

You don't buy crap at target and you get miles on your card?

Rich snob? why are you working at target then? and surely you buy something on break? snack? drink?

ignorance is bliss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back