Archived Looking at Transferring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I will be leaving my store within the next two months. I am wondering how long before leaving people start the process of transferring. When do I talk to my ETL and/or STL? I'm just worried that I'd approach them and they would tell me to leave right away. I am currently Sr. Team Lead Replenishment.

I know that I will be leaving my store within the next two months. I am wondering how long before leaving people start the process of transferring. When do I talk to my ETL and/or STL? I'm just worried that I'd approach them and they would tell me to leave right away. I am currently Sr. Team Lead Replenishment.

Why exactly do you want to transfer? A transfer for a move will easy other reasons may cause problems

Why exactly do you want to transfer? A transfer for a move will easy other reasons may cause problems
My wife got a good job in a neighboring state. I am more looking for how long of a notice I should give them.

Tell them now. Especially your etl-hr he/she can look at stores in the area you move that have open positions for Tl and reach out to them . Also apply too

As a senior TL, you don't need to worry about being told to just leave right away. Especially because you're looking to transfer, not just quit. SrTL are not just people your store could just easily do without (or at least they shouldn't be). It's also better for retention numbers if you transfer instead of quitting. Your ETLs and STLs would appreciate a 2 months heads up. They can start interviewing now and start some training. Just have a sit down conversation with your ETL. Let them know that you'll be moving soon and want to help in finding a replacement. Also ask for their help in getting the transfer request put in. You won't have to do a formal interview as a transfer, but expect to do phone meet and greet with your new boss. The only problem you might run into is if the store you're looking at doesn't have a position open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back