Archived Looking for recently promoted ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
Hey there, I'll be going into ETL interviews shortly and I'm hoping that there are a few people on this site that might be able to share their experience with me. I'd prefer to chat through private message, so just shoot me one if you are able.

Thanks!

From another thread:
Etl STAR interviews:
The answer to your question(s) are pretty simple. During your interview be honest and yourself. They will ask you 4-5 situational questions (total of 3 rounds I believe) just to see what type of leader you are. Remember to paint them a picture because what they are looking for in each question that you answer is to be outlined in the following way:

Situation - how does your answer relate to the question
Example: tell me about a time you had to make a tough decison
You - During college ect..... <--- you are painting them a picture so tehy can visually see your answer.
Task - what did you have to accomplish/what what was the issue or problem
Action - how did you solve this issue/what steps were taken.
Result - what was the final outcome.

Overall be upbeat. During the interview don't EVER put yourself down. Even with the famous questions "what is one think your previous supervisor would change or say that you need to work on." Turn the question about to something like: "One thing my past supervisor would stay that I can improve is sometimes I tend want to help out too much. If I see someone struggling I always try and offer assistance." Remember to turn a weakness into a strength (sorry I just got off work so if a lot does not make sense please don't blame me lol).

Thanks I appreciate it! I'm exited to progress through interviews. I have some good material as the store I moved into as APTL had almost no AP culture, no results, and some pretty bad theft problems.

Congrats!!!!! PM me your email and I can send you some guides from last year! Not sure if they are current but it should help.

Thanks for the offer, but I tend to over-prepare for things so I'm trying not to cram any interview guides! I've heard that there are a lot of questions regarding handling failure, challenging upward, and making good business decisions. Luckily all of that is basically the life of an APTL!

Thanks for the offer, but I tend to over-prepare for things so I'm trying not to cram any interview guides! I've heard that there are a lot of questions regarding handling failure, challenging upward, and making good business decisions. Luckily all of that is basically the life of an APTL!

No problem! As you said, its a lot of these type of questions. I think the most difficult aspect you will be able to get across will be how to manage a team as AP doesnt exactly have a team... I think the best way to bridge this gap would be to show how even though you dont have a large AP team, you were able to cross the lines in helping store processes and ensuring that you were able to manage the store as a whole (through partnering with team members and leaders on broken processes). It does vary from DTL to DTL though so its best to be prepared for anything they can throw at you.

Had a couple more interviews with HRBP and STL today. They were back to back rapid fire interviews so I felt I wasn't as prepared even though I had decent responses for everything...

We'll see how it goes!

Our store just did away with Salaried AP because I am sure someone making half the pay and limited to 40 hours a week will stop so much more shoplifters.

5 interviews? holy cow. I think we're still on 3 with a 4th call being an offer.

Yea, STL>DTL>GVP should be the end unless HRBP/ML gets thrown in there somewhere.

I wish it was like that for me! I went APBP>STL>HRBP>DTL>APD. My brain is fried from answering "tell me about a time" questions...

I wish it was like that for me! I went APBP>STL>HRBP>DTL>APD. My brain is fried from answering "tell me about a time" questions...

"Tell me about a time when you disagreed with another person on a significant issue?" Yep, seems like they are using the same guides! Honestly at this point anything further would be more of a formality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back