Archived Lots of questions about ad prep/set up. please helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you can answer my questions as each tl have different opinions...

1. When scanning signs, we only scan the ones with locations right? No duplicates or no loc signs?
2. On the sign set up report, are we suppose to clear the ones with locations, all, or just leave it as is?
3. What affects the signing set on time/accuracy score? What makes it red, what makes it green etc..
4. When prepping a sign, that has no loc but has a schematic of 2-2-1 printed for ex. and it doesn't have a loc on the system. Should I scroll down and write the other location number but different schematic or leave it as a no loc sign?
5. I know it's best practice to put up sign then scan and repeat. But would it still be okay if we put of sign for whole aisle then scan or put sign for whole block then scan? Does it matter? I think the first one is a bit tedious going back and forth hold your stack of sign and pda.
6. What does your store do to organize sign by aisle number? Tips?
7. What loc do you scan the signs that go on racks?

Thanks for the help.

hmm that link doesn't really answer my specific questions O-o

One more quick question. When scanning in the AD, you don't scan in the NO LOC signs do you? and do you actually do anything with them after ad set?

for ex: if its vendor stuff usually with no locations. i used the main aisle of their product & scan it in. then give any extra signs to that vendor. store tie app helps resolves this issue on endcaps.

I hope you can answer my questions as each tl have different opinions...

1. When scanning signs, we only scan the ones with locations right? No duplicates or no loc signs?
2. On the sign set up report, are we suppose to clear the ones with locations, all, or just leave it as is?
3. What affects the signing set on time/accuracy score? What makes it red, what makes it green etc..
4. When prepping a sign, that has no loc but has a schematic of 2-2-1 printed for ex. and it doesn't have a loc on the system. Should I scroll down and write the other location number but different schematic or leave it as a no loc sign?
5. I know it's best practice to put up sign then scan and repeat. But would it still be okay if we put of sign for whole aisle then scan or put sign for whole block then scan? Does it matter? I think the first one is a bit tedious going back and forth hold your stack of sign and pda.
6. What does your store do to organize sign by aisle number? Tips?
7. What loc do you scan the signs that go on racks?

Thanks for the help.

pull up signing on workbench. they've added new stuff that explains the reports. its under salesfloor>pricing>signing. every store is a little different on signing, and unfortunately, target doesn't do a great job of filling in the cracks.

we scan in all the signs that are sent. when we don't, we end up being red. bp says that they realize we don't use them all and not to scan in the duplicates, etc. however, they aren't my big bad stl who says green or die. we scan them into a fake location.
on the set up report, you should sign anything left on it. those locations actually need signs based on your store.
if you scan down signs more than 1 hour before close, you flag the report as taking down early. scan in after 8am on set day and you flag as late. tune in tuesday signs dont count on the scores, although they do show up on the set up report.
sometimes with no locations, it's salesplanners. get familiar with your spl dept numbers. for example, toys is department 86/87/204, but looking them up as salesplanners they show up as 119. so instead of the regular aisles pogs saying A086air, they might say A119ifk. look it up under nop for future dates. we set them in the filing box with the salesplanners so the sf won't have to reprint signs.
we scan all the signs in at once now. we use to do it the old way. scanning in at once is faster.
we scan in softlines racks that have no location number to a fake location within the department. Girls, for example is M50.

here's the gist of how we do it...
print the black and white ad with dpcis listed off workbench for reference.
print the ad prep report. it will tell you any extras to print, which ones to toss, which ones to research, what you need, etc.
as you locate them, rubber band/clip them together by aisle and keep them in order. we use wacos for each department.
day of set, scan in before 8. we have someone scanning at 4 am, then at 5 am we have people coming in to set. they grab and go.
audit all endcaps as well.
work the sign set up report and print/sign anything missing.
the lod is supposed to walk the ad daily for outs/rains/subs. the endcaps/full ad should be audited sunday and wednesday. our lods never do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back