COVID-19 Manager coming back from vacation

A

Anubis

A manager comes back from vacation tomorrow after partying in Miami and savanna. The team members agree she should be quarantined but the SD doesn’t care about it and says I’m overreacting.

No quarantine unless she knows she came into contact with someone who has the virus. If we quarantined everyone who came into contact with a lot of people then everyone working at target would have to be in quarantine

Was she one of those idiots on the beach this past week? As long as you practice social distancing, you should be fine, but keep us updated. It saddens me that some people aren’t taking this seriously enough.
I am sorry, but , who exactly is practicing “social distancing”?
The parents who are staying home? Or their kids? Or the people “working from home” and their kids?
They are all together in petri dishes like Target , Walmart, Costco etc.
This whole “social distancing” is the biggest BS I have ever witnessed in my life.

Edit: apart from the whole “russian collusion” hoax

Social distancing applies to strangers and anyone you would interact with outside of your household. If everyone in your house keeps their distance from people outside the home, then I would imagine that there's less chance of getting sick.

I'm a huge believer in personal space anyway, so this shyte is right up my alley. I've amped my usual "back off" personal behavior up to 11 and have all but run away screaming from everyone at my store, guests and TMs alike. Social distancing? BIG fan.

The State of Alaska has been quarantining everybody who is coming back from out-of-state for 14 days from coming back to work.
That isn't over reacting.
We have half our office working from home because of it.
It sound like this manager should self isolate for a while.

I don't see how it isn't overreacting.

Is there coronavirus in Miami? Sure. But it's pretty much everywhere at this point. Being out of state isn't any higher risk than being in-state when the virus is in every state.

I don't see how it isn't overreacting.

Is there coronavirus in Miami? Sure. But it's pretty much everywhere at this point. Being out of state isn't any higher risk than being in-state when the virus is in every state.

It has less to do with where you were then what you were doing.
Like being jammed in a plane with a hundred people, traveling, eating out, etc.
The very behavior that comes with traveling increases the chances you will have been exposed.
Or at least that was the explanation our state health authorities gave.

Florida governor has made in-state travel required self quarantine.
Though I think it's backward, every state that has someone coming in from Florida should do the same.

90765281_10157871489123145_422749928683470848_o.jpg

Last edited:
Of course I can't find it now, but on a US map of coronavirus cases, Florida is a big ol' red, up there with Washington state & New York as a hotbed of virus transfer, largely because their governor sucks and vacationers suck and everyone is just milling together spreading the virus and then bringing it back home.

You're not overreacting. Your manager should self-quarantine for 14 days. If they don't do that, and if the store doesn't insist on it, they all suck, too. Contact local media, if you can.

Of course I can't find it now, but on a US map of coronavirus cases, Florida is a big ol' red, up there with Washington state & New York as a hotbed of virus transfer, largely because their governor sucks and vacationers suck and everyone is just milling together spreading the virus and then bringing it back home.

You're not overreacting. Your manager should self-quarantine for 14 days. If they don't do that, and if the store doesn't insist on it, they all suck, too. Contact local media, if you can.
We do not know if the mgr went anywhere. They could of stayed home.

And even if the manager went somewhere, it may have been a solo vacation or a visit to a few family members and said manager may have drove back in a personal vehicle rather than share filtered air on a plane.

OP explicitly said after partying in miami and savanna[h]
They didn’t say if that person has any signs of illness. The op could maintain social distance or take an loa. Don’t forget about the guests that we encounter at spot, every day. A good understanding of the disease & symptoms helps you deal with event.
Think about the NC tm who went on a lego convention & got the disease at the airport.

Last edited:
The governor of Alaska just issued a mandate that businesses like grocery stores that have employees who come from out of state and who don't quarantine themselves for the mandatory 14 days can be fined for $25,000 or put in prison for one year.
Not so sure they would do the prison thing but I'm betting they would love to use the fine piece.
Betcha Spot will make sure no one goes to work up here after getting back from spring break.

https://gov.alaska.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/03232020-SOA-COVID-19-Health-Mandate-010.pdf

The Chinese Corona is ripping through New York, has Minnesota closed any New York metro area stores? They should. Talk about social distancing, have you ever seen the pictures of the sun decks on big ocean liners? Lounge chairs 2" apart! Cruises sound horrible, give me a fly rod, an 11 ft aluminum row boat with a trolling motor on a lake in New Hampshire any day of the week. Wouldn't go on a cruise if it was free...too much of a red neck for those.

@Captain Orca my friend, could you please not call COVID-19 the Chinese Corona.
I have Asian friends who have already had to put up with crap with asshole racists and it seems to be getting worse.
I've already had the arguments about naming infectious diseases after where they came from with my uncle from Israel.
The WHO medical standards hasn't done that since 2015.
Also those locations were often totally off base, the Spanish Flu didn't start in Spain. It probably started in a military base in Kansas.
It was just that Spain was neutral during WW I so their newspapers weren't censored. They could report on the massive death toll while other countries weren't for fear of damaging the war effort.
Needless to say Spain wasn't impressed with having the flu named for them.
Also have had the conversation about making sure everyone knows what a shitty job the Chinese government did and is quite possibly still doing of handling this crisis.
I agree, we need to hold their feet to the fire but not at the expense of Canadian and American people of Asian decent.
Finally fuck racists who attack Innocents.

Back