Manually changing street date?

This is exactly why some street date items are kept locked in an electronics cage which is kept locked in the SD’s office. Don’t try to beat the system. Any way you can think of to get around the rules, AP already knows about and is on the look out for. It’s not worth it, and you will be termed.

1. Yes, locked in cage.
2. Yes, on camera.
3. Yes, watched and counted.
4. Is NOT received very far in advance - so not much time to wait to buy it “legally”
5. Many, many smartass tm thought of multiple ways to get things early, by paying and not paying, by hiding and holding -- all were fired.
6. You, and your friend, will NOT be the exception.

The AP guy loves me though. I honestly can't see him snitching on me

OP is absolutely foolish. 🙄

How am I foolish? Just because you guys don't have a good relationship with your bosses doesn't mean I don't either. I've been working here for two YEARS... I honestly can't see them firing me for something so petty and childish.. I'm not stealing anything I'm just simply looking to purchase something at a certain time

How am I foolish? Just because you guys don't have a good relationship with your bosses doesn't mean I don't either. I've been working here for two YEARS... I honestly can't see them firing me for something so petty and childish.. I'm not stealing anything I'm just simply looking to purchase something at a certain time

You’re very naive if you don’t realize the consequences of violating the street date. It’s not just a suggestion.

You’re very naive if you don’t realize the consequences of violating the street date. It’s not just a suggestion.
I can understand it being a big deal if I were to brag about it on social media and whatnot.. or if I were to upload music files online before street date but if it's merely for personal use, I don't see the big deal :confused:
Should I ask AP before I do it? Like I said guys, he's really cool and I can't see him snitching

How am I foolish?
You're trying to buy an item before the street date. I don't know the exact fine, but it's something huge; like over $10,000 huge.

Just because you guys don't have a good relationship with your bosses doesn't mean I don't either.
I get along with my STL too. Neither of us would want the other fired over getting a CD early.

I've been working here for two YEARS...
Two years is nothing.

I honestly can't see them firing me for something so petty and childish.. I'm not stealing anything I'm just simply looking to purchase something at a certain time
If you made the store get a huge fine by doing something blatantly illegal, they would most certainly fire you. You may as well have taken $10,000 out of the registers for all the store is concerned.

I can understand it being a big deal if I were to brag about it on social media and whatnot.. or if I were to upload music files online before street date but if it's merely for personal use, I don't see the big deal :confused:
Should I ask AP before I do it? Like I said guys, he's really cool and I can't see him snitching
The law is in place precisely for situations like this. Let's say there are two store in town, let's call them Target and Wal-Mart. They are both about to sell a highly anticipated CD or video game. Then, word on the street gets out that Target will sell them a week early if the buyer "just keeps quiet" about it. Everyone in town that wants it goes and buys it from Target early. Wal-Mart finds out about this and is furious, having sold zero copies. Then the authorities would hear about it.
Out of curiosity, what CD is it?

Last edited:
Just steal it AP’s not gonna snitch on you

You're trying to buy an item before the street date. I don't know the exact fine, but it's something huge; like over $10,000 huge.

I get along with my STL too. Neither of us would want the other fired over getting a CD early.

Two years is nothing.

If you made the store get a huge fine by doing something blatantly illegal, they would most certainly fire you. You may as well have taken $10,000 out of the registers for all the store is concerned.

The law is in place precisely for situations like this. Let's say there are two store in town, let's call them Target and Wal-Mart. They are both about to sell a highly anticipated CD or video game. Then, word on the street gets out that Target will sell them a week early if the buyer "just keeps quiet" about it. Everyone in town that wants it goes and buys it from Target early. Wal-Mart finds out about this and is furious, having sold zero copies. Then the authorities would hear about it.
Out of curiosity, what CD is it?

$10,000? You don't have to exaggerate to prove a point. CD is 'Chromatica' out April10

I'm under-exaggerating. Wait until you hear about how much OSHA will fine the store for a blocked fire exit.
I'm sure Target has enough money for good lawyers. It's literally never that serious. My store prob makes $40,000 a day but honestly don't wanna lose my job so might just wait for the damn cd to come out

I'm sure Target has enough money for good lawyers. It's literally never that serious. My store prob makes $40,000 a day but honestly don't wanna lose my job so might just wait for the damn cd to come out
Good idea maybe someone will leak it before then

The fine depends on the contract and company. Could range from $10,000 to $200,000 per instance. Because this is considered a breach of contract it puts target in jeopardy of selling items from that company in the future. Not just at your store but at ALL stores.

Go for it if you want - but as others have already told you - this is how you get fired.

5. Many, many smartass tm thought of multiple ways to get things early, by paying and not paying, by hiding and holding -- all were fired.

Let's be realistic. I'm not encouraging him to be a moron, but "every" moron that steals or does shady shit to get street dated items are most certainly not all fired. Many have gotten away with it. Is that many a substantial %? Your guess is as good as mine, but it's definitely not 0%.

The AP guy loves me though. I honestly can't see him snitching on me
Him catching you and firing you is what he gets paid to do. Trust me, he'd fire you in a heartbeat. He might even get a bonus for doing it. It'd certainly look good on his metrics for the year.

Last edited:
April 10th is 29 days away. Given this is Lady Gaga and you seem worried about obtaining a copy on the 10th, let's assume this will be a release that is not sent to stores until close to the street date to avoid leaks. What exactly makes you so special you can't wait another few days at that point? Just preorder it to guarantee a copy.

Also, it doesn't matter how long you've worked at Target or how friendly you are with any leader at the store. They are there to look out for the interests of Target, not you. It's called Assets PROTECTION for a reason and that includes the contract between Target and the manufacturer of the item to not sell before the street date.

So you make up the story that it's for your friend but it's really for you. Eager to break Target policy. I wonder what other shit you would pull

$10,000? You don't have to exaggerate to prove a point. CD is 'Chromatica' out April10

$50,000-$100,000, per copy, is the more usual amount in contracts. It's not technically a crime to sell street-dated product, it's a breach of contract. As such the amount varies on the product and the agreement between that products publisher and Target. CD's, books, movies, and videogames in particular all typically have contracts that result in the retailer losing the privilege to sell said publishers products for 6 months and paying fines between $50,000 and $100,000 per copy sold earlier than allowed.

My dude. Ap has a metric on internal apps. They would love NOTHING MORE than to catch you. Why can’t you just wait another week at most?

also lol I called the “op is the coworker“ thing. Also I hope yourusername isn’t your name bc that’ll make it real easy for AP. (For clarity, Amanda is not my name, it’s a tv charecter)

Back