COVID-19 Masks and gloves

Our area has a high population of visually-Asian individuals. Our store receives a high percentage of visually-Asian guests. I would estimate that well over one-half of our guests at checkout are wearing masks.

Since few of my co-workers are wearing the Target-provided generic masks or bringing their own masks, I wonder if some guests mistakenly think Target isn't providing these to our team members. I've gradually become accustomed to wearing the masks. I dislike the imperfect way it fits over my nose but I don't buy TMs excuses for declining to wear them when they are working. Our store's median TM age might be younger than at other stores which might explain this tendency.

At our store, wearing a mask is voluntary. On occasion when there's not a guest nearby, I will lift the lower portion of the mask and drink water since I tend to get thirsty when wearing the mask.

94102451_10221122003347091_1678942122331340800_o.jpg
none of us should be wearing these... N95s should be reserved for medical staff/high risk

none of us should be wearing these... N95s should be reserved for medical staff/high risk
N95s with exhalation valves shouldn’t be used for healthcare because exhaled breath isn’t filtered and could spread pathogens. I wear my valved N95s guilt free knowing I bought them from a friend who is an industrial painter and is currently out of work, who sold them to me near cost and used the money to feed his family.

Our store got a shipment of masks. Our leads put the boxes on a U-boat and left them there. No communication. And we’re all nervously staying away from each other now that it’ll be two weeks tomorrow since our first reported case at the store and we still haven’t had any deep cleaning, nor will our SD tell us they discarded the product the vendor was stocking. The lack of transparency is extremely messed up.

Our SD also insists that the regular cleaning crew “deep cleaned” the affected areas, but they only do the aisles, not the shelves. And when you’re doing OPU/SFS, it’s not the endorsement they want it to be. God, I can’t with these fools. I’ll just take the LOA and isolate myself.

The virus doesn't live for two weeks on surfaces, so by now you're fine.

ETA: from that person, at least, not necessarily from anyone else who has come in.

I got the "We're in this together" card in the mail today, telling me they'll give a thermometer if I need one.

It's kind of cute that they expect most TMs to take their temp before coming in.

I heard through the store grapevine an unconfirmed heads-up that Corporate - or perhaps our District - may soon issue an edict ordering all store-level staff to wear gloves and masks.

Maybe it's because I'm not under age 25, but I can't figure out why nearly all of our TMs, TLs and ETLs refuse to wear the Target-provided masks or bring their own.

people are dumb, people dont want to mess up their makeup, people cant figure out how to wear them without fogging up their glasses, people think they cant breathe in them, people think that they are ugly

i can go on

people are dumb, people dont want to mess up their makeup, people cant figure out how to wear them without fogging up their glasses, people think they cant breathe in them, people think that they are ugly

i can go on

And that nobody utilizes gloves properly.

I am in no way in agreement with the decision to force team members to wear a face mask. I have read that it is necessary for Target to comply with guidlines to force employees to wear masks. Like proper training, medical exams, along with a few other things. At our store we are more or less shamed because we aren't working hard enough for the hazardous pay. No appreciation for sticking out necks out for them to make billions of dollars then hang more crap for me to comply with.

Its still optional at our store. If the leaders won't wear them they can't make the team wear them. Did they really think they could make EVERYONE wear one? HaHa Especially when we are at "the end" of this natural disaster. How cute. Again more about p.r. than concern.
In other news my old store told everyone they were being watched on camera by corp. to see if they were keeping 6' distance and if they weren't the store would be getting a phone call from big brother. No phone calls yet and I wouldn't expect any.

Back