COVID-19 Masks and gloves

It is a shame that when we found there was 120 guns to every 100 Americans, it actually turned out all of those guns were owned by 4 of the 100.

The Menards a friend of mine works at had a customer throw a rock at the service desk employee today.

I wonder how long it will be until we have similar fun with our "guests"
That’s horrible. I hope they called their version of AP and hauled that jerk to jail for assault

The Menards a friend of mine works at had a customer throw a rock at the service desk employee today.

I wonder how long it will be until we have similar fun with our "guests"
This event happen at menards.

It's like people's anger has been dialed up to full blown rage and people's fuses has been cut in half.

It's almost like there's been a widespread onset of mental illness. Unreasonable rage, depression, delusions about the threat and how to (not) treat it, phobias about being made to stay indoors -or- leaving the house, loss of empathy, inappropriate actions and an inability to understand it's wrong...it's crazy (pun not intended).

It's like people's anger has been dialed up to full blown rage and people's fuses has been cut in half.... It's almost like there's been a widespread onset of mental illness. Unreasonable rage, depression, delusions about the threat and how to (not) treat it, phobias about being made to stay indoors -or- leaving the house, loss of empathy, inappropriate actions and an inability to understand it's wrong...it's crazy (pun not intended).
So far, our guests have been very kind. However, I believe this could happen in the very near future, maybe it just hasn't hit the Seattle area real hard yet.

Our store has plenty of masks and gloves for TMs, TLs and ETLs. For guests, however, availability of masks and gloves is very intermittent. You can make homemade masks, but not homemade rubber protective gloves. Making use of masks mandatory is difficult if the guest can't purchase masks, and same with requiring use of gloves.

The mental health risks and physical health risks of "stay at home" orders are very serious. We are seeing a large increase in obesity that few are talking about. Nobody is talking about whether there's been an increase in self-medication with alcohol, tobacco smoking, marijuana use, and other prescription and non-prescription drugs and substances as a coping mechanism.

There will be many years and many studies and many PhD theses about all of the direct, indirect, and ancillary effects of this pandemic. Much of that kind of thing isn't even known yet, because you can't necessarily tell what people are doing while they're isolating.

It's like people's anger has been dialed up to full blown rage and people's fuses has been cut in half.

2 days in with the dramatic cut in hours and it is very noticeable. The checklane lines are very long and in the early hours, when we are supposed to be available for our elderly and most vulnerable, tm's (all 3 of them) are all in the back pulling manuals for multiple departments rather than the one they usually do, but have to go from the backroom to the lanes multiple times for backup calls. Guests who call are rude because they had to wait too long for someone to pick up. It is not going to be easy going this month, for sure.

Making use of masks mandatory is difficult if the guest can't purchase masks
Masks don't have to be bought. I've seen no-sew masks, so sewing skill isn't necessary. An old pillowcase can be sacrificed for material.

For masks, please check with your local library, Senior center, and/or your local government. If officials are going to require masks, they need to be provided. They don’t have to be the disposable ones as plenty of people are making masks.

We now have a notice up about wiping down your radio/device before you go to the floor and then again before you come back and put it in the charger. Also, wipe your phone during the day periodically.

Just one little thing...

WITH WHAT??????? I'm pretty sure no one is doing this, because if we did we'd be out of cleaner within two days. Also good work on getting the hand sanitizer with no pump. Just what I want, to handle something everyone else has with bare hands.

We now have a notice up about wiping down your radio/device before you go to the floor and then again before you come back and put it in the charger. Also, wipe your phone during the day periodically.

Just one little thing...

WITH WHAT??????? I'm pretty sure no one is doing this, because if we did we'd be out of cleaner within two days. Also good work on getting the hand sanitizer with no pump. Just what I want, to handle something everyone else has with bare hands.
We've been doing this all along. Also wipe your box cutter. Our cleaners also wipe them during their TSC routine... lockers, equipment room, break room, etc. We have disinfectant wipes in the equipment room. Maybe because we have had positive tm's?

Care homes and nursing homes are. I think senior centers are more like boys and girls clubs for oldsters, and they have been closed along with other non essential places

Care homes and nursing homes are. I think senior centers are more like boys and girls clubs for oldsters, and they have been closed along with other non essential places

Then how is they telling us go there for masks.

I feel sorry for the senior citizens in (insert fancy nursing home name here). It's a tradeoff between a physical health issue that could kill them and isolation triggering a mental health issue that could dramatically hasten their death.

I'm not joking. Senior centers are hotspots for corona.
Just to clarify, I’m not talking about nursing homes or residential centers. In my city, we have a senior center, that is currently closed, but the administration is collecting masks for senior citizens and anyone else who is not able to buy one, make one, or just needs one. The center operates as a place for seniors to go to socialize and take classes or just hang out. It is not a medical facility.

Just to clarify, I’m not talking about nursing homes or residential centers. In my city, we have a senior center, that is currently closed, but the administration is collecting masks for senior citizens and anyone else who is not able to buy one, make one, or just needs one. The center operates as a place for seniors to go to socialize and take classes or just hang out. It is not a medical facility.

Ours isn't even open, none of them are.

Has anyone's stores been coaching/documenting TMs that don't wear their mask or take their masks down or only wear it over their mouth? Just got word that our store is supposed to start coaching and documenting people that don't wear their mask or wear it incorrectly. Then, if that TM gets sick, they could be termed for not following proper preventative procedures. Might just be a scare-tactic to get compliance. I won't be coaching or documenting anyone. That's some bullshit, especially if it could lead to a termination after they get sick (kick a horse when it's down).

Has anyone's stores been coaching/documenting TMs that don't wear their mask or take their masks down or only wear it over their mouth? Just got word that our store is supposed to start coaching and documenting people that don't wear their mask or wear it incorrectly. Then, if that TM gets sick, they could be termed for not following proper preventative procedures. Might just be a scare-tactic to get compliance. I won't be coaching or documenting anyone. That's some bullshit, especially if it could lead to a termination after they get sick (kick a horse when it's down).

Wow. I’m guilty of bringing it down throughout the day. I try and only do it when no one is near me, but I get so hot. Strangely, when customers ask me questions I have to lower it so my phone can Id my face. Wouldn’t have to do that if the workday search would...well, work.

Back