Archived mass firing at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
31 TMs fired in 2 weeks due to misuse of the apology coupon on their phones.
What is that?

Coupons you can scan to give $3 off for the guest if you make them wait too long or screw up something. Someone took a picture of one and then sent it to other TMs and people were using it like crazy. Management didn't really say anything through the whole ordeal so some of us thought they were staying silent to clean house. It did work though.... got rid of most of the dead weight.
That is the AP MO. Give you just all the rope you need to hang yourself with. They'll just keep waiting.
In a way I think that is wrong. Just fire them after the misuse the coupon. The store loat money it wont get back, small money in the big picture, but still. I knew a TM that stole over a few weeks several thousand dollars. Several xbox ones, the final day before he was arrested he tried to get an xbox and an ipsd, i found the ipad behind an item out of the cage. The next day he tried getting the same item, got arrested, prolly used the items he stole to make bail. But target lost money on those items.

What is that?

Coupons you can scan to give $3 off for the guest if you make them wait too long or screw up something. Someone took a picture of one and then sent it to other TMs and people were using it like crazy. Management didn't really say anything through the whole ordeal so some of us thought they were staying silent to clean house. It did work though.... got rid of most of the dead weight.
That is the AP MO. Give you just all the rope you need to hang yourself with. They'll just keep waiting.
In a way I think that is wrong. Just fire them after the misuse the coupon. The store loat money it wont get back, small money in the big picture, but still. I knew a TM that stole over a few weeks several thousand dollars. Several xbox ones, the final day before he was arrested he tried to get an xbox and an ipsd, i found the ipad behind an item out of the cage. The next day he tried getting the same item, got arrested, prolly used the items he stole to make bail. But target lost money on those items.

How did he even get away with stealing shit? I mean Target's AP is definitely some of the best out there!!

How did he even get away with stealing shit? I mean Target's AP is definitely some of the best out there!!
Spot ap has to wait till exceeds 2500.00 or higher to arrest the tm, depending on state law.

They knew for awhile. I called AP when i found the out of place ipad. He told me it was person X. But when I found the ipad it kept them from arresting him that night. Did count as a PMR of over 1K though. The next day he tried leaving with an xbox one, 64gb Ipad air , like 4 controllers , several games , all in a red bag. He would buy something small, get a big red bag from the boat, and pile up while watching electronics on lunches. It prompted me to take my breaks and lunches while Target mobile was there.

Spot ap has to wait till exceeds 2500.00 or higher to arrest the tm, depending on state law.
Yeah but they could still fire after stealing anything. Do they really need to lose $2500 per case just to fire , and get the person arrested?

It depends on state law. But, the electronics boat should remain clean & secure at all times.
Yeah, unfortunately this one person was the one watching over the boat on breaks. Took advantage, now is considered a convicted felon. It does sometimes get a mess during the busy season, and we only have half the people than normal.

Curious what is the latest anyone has had to stay? Yesterdaywe stayed til after 2am. I left at 145am, due to nearing meal compliance. But ive stayed til 4am once

Curious what is the latest anyone has had to stay? Yesterdaywe stayed til after 2am. I left at 145am, due to nearing meal compliance. But ive stayed til 4am once

Had to stay? 2:30, I've never been told I needed to stay later than scheduled, and no store can tell you that you have to. You are entitled to leave at the time you are scheduled to do so, you're an employee, not a slave.

Yeah but they could still fire after stealing anything. Do they really need to lose $2500 per case just to fire , and get the person arrested?

Yes. I see no reason they should slap the person on the wrist and let them continue to thieve.

Last edited:

Had to stay? 2:30, I've never been told I needed to stay later than scheduled, and no store can tell you that you have to. You are entitled to leave at the time you are scheduled to do so, you're an employee, not a slave.

Yes. I see no reason they should slap the person on the wrist and let them continue to thieve.
It becomes a felony in my state. Jail time.

Because in texas they can fire no questions asked, and not staying is a great way to piss off your boss. They schedule us to 100 to 130am right now. I get a dollar extra per hour every hour after midnight. Im not complaining but we dont really have a choice if we leave early or not. We left 11 buggies of reshop, 6 from toys alone. It is what happens when everyone calls in or nocall noshows

Here's the issue, leaving when scheduled to leave isn't leaving early.

Because in texas they can fire no questions asked, and not staying is a great way to piss off your boss. They schedule us to 100 to 130am right now. I get a dollar extra per hour every hour after midnight. Im not complaining but we dont really have a choice if we leave early or not. We left 11 buggies of reshop, 6 from toys alone. It is what happens when everyone calls in or nocall noshows

If everyone is calling out or NCNSing then your store leadership needs to do something about it.

I understand that, I was saying they should let people continue to steal till they've racked up a felony, as opposed to firing someone for stealing $20 in merchandise, and them then essentially going unpunished and being able to continue stealing after being termed (at other stores if not at that very same store).

We left 11 buggies of reshop, 6 from toys alone. It is what happens when everyone calls in or nocall noshows

Only 11 carts? It's not unusual for my store to have 20-30 carts without any call-ins or NCNS.

Except for some exceptions during 4th quarter, we come clean every night, and without anyone staying late.

As in, everyone but the GSTL and the LOD are out by 15 mins after close, and those two are out by 30 mins after close, maybe 45 mins on very rare occasions if the GSTL can't start closing lanes until the store is closed.

If everyone is calling out or NCNSing then your store leadership needs to do something about it.
We would lose most of our seasonal staff then. These NCNS will be terminated at the end of december. We cant afford to lose those who show up some days. Its better to have some that work half the time than go without. We are already short staffed in almost all departments.

We left 11 buggies of reshop, 6 from toys alone. It is what happens when everyone calls in or nocall noshows

Only 11 carts? It's not unusual for my store to have 20-30 carts without any call-ins or NCNS.
That is a bit much, what volume is your store? Are yall understaffed? Our goal in our district, DTL expectations, is zero reshop. Obvious reasons keep us from meeting that goal everynight.

That is a bit much, what volume is your store? Are yall understaffed? Our goal in our district, DTL expectations, is zero reshop. Obvious reasons keep us from meeting that goal everynight.

A+ P-Fresh with a lot of Canadian guest traffic. This is the only time of year in which we're well-staffed on the sales floor, but we're just so busy assisting guests, back-up cashing because they won't schedule enough cashiers, and getting sucked into electronics because electronics. My leaders are more concerned about the zone than re-shop, as it's easier to do re-shop for the next day's smart huddle than zone the entire sales floor.

I understand that, I was saying they should let people continue to steal till they've racked up a felony, as opposed to firing someone for stealing $20 in merchandise, and them then essentially going unpunished and being able to continue stealing after being termed (at other stores if not at that very same store).
Anything over $2499.99 is considered Grand Theft, and makes for a case to file charges, if I recall from a stint in Private Security.

A+ P-Fresh with a lot of Canadian guest traffic. This is the only time of year in which we're well-staffed on the sales floor, but we're just so busy assisting guests, back-up cashing because they won't schedule enough cashiers, and getting sucked into electronics because electronics. My leaders are more concerned about the zone than re-shop, as it's easier to do re-shop for the next day's smart huddle than zone the entire sales floor.
Sounds like ours, but we get a lot of traffic just because. We just remodled into a pFresh. We got recognition from all our district STLs, Group leader, and District leader on the size and number of trucks we get. Our store always gets shafted in cashir gours, and the DTL even told HR to schedule more salesfloor hours. Mytime really screwed stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back