Archived Matching Serial Numbers During Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my AP is very adamant about making sure we at Guest Service match the serial numbers on products to the number on the receipt when doing returns. If a product is purchased online to be picked up in store, the guest receives an email with a barcode that they can use for returns. In the email that the guests receive, the only information really listed is the product purchased and the price/discounts used (if any). So my question is, does the system keep check of what serial number is linked to the purchase?

For example, when flexible fulfillment starts picking the order, does it prompt them to scan serial numbers that stay in the system for when the guest goes to make a return?

Sorry if this worded weird.

So my AP is very adamant about making sure we at Guest Service match the serial numbers on products to the number on the receipt when doing returns. If a product is purchased online to be picked up in store, the guest receives an email with a barcode that they can use for returns. In the email that the guests receive, the only information really listed is the product purchased and the price/discounts used (if any). So my question is, does the system keep check of what serial number is linked to the purchase?

For example, when flexible fulfillment starts picking the order, does it prompt them to scan serial numbers that stay in the system for when the guest goes to make a return?

Sorry if this worded weird.
In flex their are no serial numbers scanned.

It's a good question, but the answer is no we don't scan the serial numbers for online orders.

For those kind of returns, I just make sure the serial numbers on the box AND the item inside match. Even if they do have a receipt, we make sure the SNs on the box, the receipt, AND the item match. I've caught quite a few incidences where the item and the box don't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back