I'm Lost! Medical benefits unique eligibility

I received this in the mail a few days ago and it’s confusing because everywhere I look says that 12 months of employment are required to gain access to health insurance, however this states my role has unique 90 day eligibility? I’m just a tech consultant, almost 6 months in. When I log into the pay and benefits website there’s no mention of being able to enroll in insurance. I’ll probably end up calling the benefits center or talking to HR to see what’s up.
Anyone familiar with this?

Attachments

• 9030A932-7E69-4157-BD6A-966CBB3A71FF.jpeg
    9030A932-7E69-4157-BD6A-966CBB3A71FF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
Open enrollment starts in February. If you average 29.5 weekly, you can get benefits.
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).

•  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

That list is exactly what I’ve seen before. Therefore the paper saying “your current role has unique medical benefits eligibility” is what’s confusing.

That list is exactly what I’ve seen before. Therefore the paper saying “your current role has unique medical benefits eligibility” is what’s confusing.
Are you averaging 29.5 hours weekly? Some benefits like long term disability & others, are granted to you after 6 months. Medical is 12 months.

Sometimes benefits enrollment times are waived if there's been a change in status or life event, ie: loss of benefits from elsewhere.

Open enrollment starts in February. If you average 29.5 weekly, you can get benefits.
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).

•  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
FYI, on this post the list of states that have sick time is outdated, and this doesn’t have the new family benefits target now has. Idk if a 2020 version of this doc is available that has the updates or not

Back