Archived Mental illness help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the passed week I've been struggling with severe mental illness. Today I missed work because of my depression. I was thinking about calling my HR manager and letting him know that I've been struggling with this. I'm looking to try to get help. Is that a bad idea? I need advice. Thank you.

Well you can't just not miss work without letting them know what's going on unless you want to get fired.

So for the passed week I've been struggling with severe mental illness. Today I missed work because of my depression. I was thinking about calling my HR manager and letting him know that I've been struggling with this. I'm looking to try to get help. Is that a bad idea? I need advice. Thank you.

Yeah you should let them know. Preferably face to face. You aren't the only team member going through this.

Also in order to protect your job I suggest meeting with a doctor and figuring out a plan with him. Are you on medication?

Yeah you should let them know. Preferably face to face. You aren't the only team member going through this.

Also in order to protect your job I suggest meeting with a doctor and figuring out a plan with him. Are you on medication?

I'm not currently on any medication. As for right now I just don't really know where to start on getting help.

399a5b50efa6745f064551dea4660d30.jpg

My cure for depression...

Call in and talk to someone face to face at your store. I've seen plenty of TMs get lead into the conference room in tears with the LOD, an ETL, or their TL to talk to them. Depression is a serious thing and I had a close friend whom absolutely no one knew struggled with depression. He killed himself the Saturday evening before 11th grade 2nd semester started, he was a great guy, if you knew who Robin Williams was, perhaps he was akin to him in his situation.

Target has a hotline for these kinds of things too and there's opportunities to get counselling(I want to say it can be free but don't quote me on that.) and Target has well-being hours so in the case you need to get off of work early to go see someone or miss a day, you can use those hours for what they're suppose to be used for... well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back