Archived Mid-Day Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have the Mid-Day Zone at their store where everyone is required to push CAF's, reshop, and zone a department in the afternoon? Better question is at your store do the ETL's and STL participate? When this was started at our store it was a STORE effort and the workload at the end of the night was actually alot lighter by effect. Somewhere along the line it got chopped down to just requiring the TL's (Hardlines at least) to push CAF's for two hours. As many CAF's drop during this time there is no time left to zone or do reshop either so the entire point of this practice is defeated and really it just prevents the TL's from doing more important work.

Everybody on the floor zones for half an hour. The ETLs who are there do generally help, from what I've seen. They leave us alone in the back, we have enough **** to do back there without having to walk all the way across the store and zone HBA or market for ½ an hour.

our mid day zone is usually tm's doing reshop for a half hour. The etl's and stl help some what. If reshop is light then the tm's and tl's do autofills.

Our midday zone IS the STL/ETLs most of the time. The TLs are too busy trying to push all the CAFs while doing their other stuff, and there are no TMs except for Saturday/Sunday, so if the execs don't do a midday zone, nobody will.

We don't have midday zone. Heck we usually are lucky if we even have more than 2-3 team member on the floor around midday now with the hours crunch. Once every couple of years a new energetic ETL or STL will bring it back but it always fizzles after a month or so. Midday people that are there just focus on pushing CAFs all afternoon and trying to answer calls as they come along.

Yeah ours is from 1pm-3pm. We rarely have anyone on the floor either which is why if the ETLs and STL dont participate its a total joke. It used to be this huge event where we would call a huddle and do a breakout and everything. Then after a month or so the STL and ETLs just started skipping it and just spent two hours ensuring we do nothing else but CAF's for two hours. Ive brought it up multiple times because i believe its a simple solution to many issues we currently have (long closes, overtime, quality zone, etc) but it falls on deaf ears.

Be careful with this. The last time we really pushed it the remodel tl and myself were called into his office and coached about not owning the midday zone. He informed us we are to break out everyone in the store and ensure they are there zoning, etc. He mentioned some crap about following up with them and all. That went over real good...Before I got along with the last HL-ETL I did what he said. The last HL-ETL was planning with the last PogTL and I interrupted them, informed them it was time for the midday, etc. I wasn't even rude or sarcastic with them (who am I kidding, I was down right nasty). I explained how it would boost morale if they were out there, etc. Well after the conversation he had with me I decided not to do that again. That was the time I got my come to Jesus talk and had to change how I interacted with them.

I think tomorrow we should do a break out for the midday for the store. Only this time it won't be every ETL going to softlines and the in-stocks team will be helping also (if they stay after 11:00). We can send the SL-ETL and intern to SL and put the others in HL, not just pushing a CAF but actually zoning.

My store does the mid-day zone. 9 times out of 10, it's softlines reshop (the other 1 time is zoning HBA).

Be careful with this. The last time we really pushed it the remodel tl and myself were called into his office and coached about not owning the midday zone. He informed us we are to break out everyone in the store and ensure they are there zoning, etc. He mentioned some crap about following up with them and all. That went over real good...Before I got along with the last HL-ETL I did what he said. The last HL-ETL was planning with the last PogTL and I interrupted them, informed them it was time for the midday, etc. I wasn't even rude or sarcastic with them (who am I kidding, I was down right nasty). I explained how it would boost morale if they were out there, etc. Well after the conversation he had with me I decided not to do that again. That was the time I got my come to Jesus talk and had to change how I interacted with them.

I think tomorrow we should do a break out for the midday for the store. Only this time it won't be every ETL going to softlines and the in-stocks team will be helping also (if they stay after 11:00). We can send the SL-ETL and intern to SL and put the others in HL, not just pushing a CAF but actually zoning.
Sounds about right. Yeah next time we open lets announce it over the walkie and just go down the line. Itd be worth it just for the laugh.

we have no mid day zone, no one can do it.

Same at ours. Most days, I'm the only opener in HL (my TL being the other). I mean, there are others peppered in also, we're just a coupld of the main ones (along with another) who rotate opening/closing shifts. I'm usually busy building endcaps, answering tons of guest first, call buttons, helping guests, & lately, helping guests with tons of seasonal furniture (patio). If we're lucky, we'll have a mid & maybe two closers. I have not once done a mid-day zone, other than zoning some areas around product that I'm pushing. They've cut back on hours quite a bit & we've also lost quite a few TM's in HL. So we've now hired a few new ones & I've been working, as my name mentions it, globally (everywhere from HL, Electronics, Market, Zone/Ad set, & Presentation). I gotta say, it's great to move around & do something different every once in a while, but the zone still hurts at night after not being touched much during the day (we're just all too busy--our store is literally flooded with people on a daily basis, which is both good & bad--good for Spot, bad for zoning to planogram).

We are suppose to have a midday zone. We don't have enough people to do that and do their regular workload. I don't remember when we actually had a midday zone. We have a calendar that shows what aisles to zone. I giggle everytime I see it.

I've always heard we were supposed to also. A fellow TM always asks me when he comes in as mid or close if anyone even zoned anything earlier that morning (being myself or anyone else on the HL crew). I always give a "seriously?" look & explain the chaos that was our opening, all with a fast/fun/friendly smile. :)

We dont have coverage worth a d*mn during the day either which is why I keep pushing for ETLs to start participating again. If you refuse to help then whatever but stop f*cking calling me for CAF's because I guarantee I have more to do than you!

Our store does a midday zone but sometimes your really have to wonder. It's usually the front of the store starting in either HB or CHEM. Sometimes they turn it into a superzone where they superzone a specific aisle or two. The LODs and TMs are required to document when and where they conducted the midday zone.

Our midday just runs through Grocery.

Our store is attempting to zone dry market every day. It has helped the zone, but not a lot in my opinion. The last time I was at a midday huddle they said "Lets just spend five minutes zoning the back wall of market and then do reshop." So we had the entire sales floor stand around and confusedly chat for three minutes as they clumsily slapped their hands against the product on the back wall.

Some, is better none.

Yes and no. Honestly I'd rather have a midday push concerning those 8 z-racks sitting in the back because it's summer over the 'lets fold tables!' zone. Tables are gonna look shot regardless, but those Zs are totally calling out in desperation.

Yes and no. Honestly I'd rather have a midday push concerning those 8 z-racks sitting in the back because it's summer over the 'lets fold tables!' zone. Tables are gonna look shot regardless, but those Zs are totally calling out in desperation.

That's true.

Does anyone else have the Mid-Day Zone at their store where everyone is required to push CAF's, reshop, and zone a department in the afternoon? Better question is at your store do the ETL's and STL participate? When this was started at our store it was a STORE effort and the workload at the end of the night was actually alot lighter by effect. Somewhere along the line it got chopped down to just requiring the TL's (Hardlines at least) to push CAF's for two hours. As many CAF's drop during this time there is no time left to zone or do reshop either so the entire point of this practice is defeated and really it just prevents the TL's from doing more important work.

At my store we try to midday from 12-1:30pm M-Thur. On Friday we try to midday around 2:30pm, due to ad set prep. On weekend it is all day zone that continuously gets wrecked. Our zone involves any salesfloor TMs, TLs, as well as the LOD which might be an ELT or just a sr. TL. Seems kind of early to me, as it leaves plenty of time to get missed before the night zone starts around 5 or 6.

My store does a mid-day zone but I'm not sure how effective it is. I think it amounts mostly to putting abandon back and walking departments to see if they look generally okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back