Archived Midnight Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Smith

Target Hermit
So another typical midnight stuck in target trying to knockout reshop in the middle of 11:50 at night, right before compliance. If you are lucky, you were not unfortunate to have a 46min break and end up staying until 1:00am.
My concern is if you are allowed to leave when your work is done and you need personal matters to attend early in the morning.
There are countless times I have been sent to other zones to "help out" tms who were slacking even when I am desperately trying to leave ON TIME. Although I let the LOD know, they either shrug it off or give me "the talk".
Am I to just hopelessly lay low and listen in these situations?

Last edited:
"My zone and reshop are complete. I have to be somewhere early tomorrow morning. I am unable to stay."

Well the problem is that they don't try to be understanding. Some would tell me it wouldn't be fair for others, some would shrug it off, some would tell me that I should have given away my shift, while others gave me a talk and threaten me with a write up for not finishing toys reshop (by myself because the toy's representativeleft early for some reason).
Maybe it's the something that happens throughout most jobs, but is this something that should be happening in target?

Maybe it's the something that happens throughout most jobs, but is this something that should be happening in target?

It all depends on the leadership of your store or possibly your district. If my store was like this I would've bounced up outta here already but thankfully it's not.

Just out of curiosity what's your attendance like? I've noticed that at my store reliability plays a big part in determining how much leeway they give you on task completion. If they can always count on you to show up on time and pick up extra shifts then their patience is basically limitless. Not so much if you call out a lot.

Leadership cannot make you stay past your scheduled endtime. Talk to your ETL/STL/call the hotline if it's a recurring problem. Now if you're trying to leave early because your work is finished, that's another issue. Leadership doesn't have to do you a favor and let you leave early. There's always other work to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back