Sales Floor Mini Seasonal - Who owns it?

How is mini seasonal pushed and maintained in your store? Consumables owns the area (since Halloween) and is responsible for pulling the 1 for 1's and pushing freight in this area.

Best practice is GM Presentation Experts owns the mini set, however, F&B owns replenishment of HCNDY (this is how payroll is allocated.) However, my district does not use PE and simply has the leader over the department own the set, which F&B does for halloween-easter. GM owns mini completely afterwards. This is also how we set B2R, as F&B is nearly 50% of the set.

Our sporting good gm owns seasonal/mini which is right across from it. Any extra inbound tm will help with the push.

Consumables already has too much workload and is too far away to be feasible for them to own mini. They only push 2nd locations stuff if their area is full.

When it all comes in we have a huddle in seasonal and after the huddle STL says okay everyone take 15 minutes and unload boxes. He looks at his watch and says go. It is so funny and kind of fun because everyone is racing and calling out locations. The leads are grabbing our packing trash and breaking our boxes. By the end it‘s usually done. We leave and the leads take 10 minutes to clean it and zone. Yes we are open at the time. Usually around 9/10am.
Our planagram team does the change of shelfs and new planagram. We still Have one. Grocery does the 1 4 1’s.

Last edited:
Presentation Experts own setting it, Market owns filling anything that comes out in their 1for1s, and we have a GM TM work out any push from the truck.

"owns it" another fucking nauseating buzz word term that's over used. YOU don't own a thing at Target, you work an area as a team, no single accountability. I own it? where's my commission? where's my profit sharing? where's my ability to do my own ordering for shit that sells, not shit that ends up in salvage or clearance?

Who the hell wants all that responsibility? Target is fast in, fast out. I don't want to have to order stock and worry about whether crap goes salvage, who cares? If it's not selling, get it out of my sight. Retail is hit-or-miss. At Sears we used to get tons of ugly stuff that wouldn't sell until it went 75% off, and even then we had stuff go zero all the time. Sometimes we had clearance up to our eyeballs. Have you ever walked into a JC Penney or Kohl's? Clearance for miles. I appreciate that Target gets rid of stuff quickly so it's not hanging around for months. We are also one of those stores like TJ Maxx and Marshall's where if you see it, you better buy it, because it may not be around the next time you come in. If guests miss out, so be it. Something else will come along. You snooze, you lose.

"owns it" another fucking nauseating buzz word term that's over used. YOU don't own a thing at Target, you work an area as a team, no single accountability. I own it? where's my commission? where's my profit sharing? where's my ability to do my own ordering for shit that sells, not shit that ends up in salvage or clearance?

oh god shut up it's just a term we use.

Anyways, seasonal owns it at my store.

Last edited:
Write correctly. It's wrong. Any English teacher worth their salt would strike the word with a red pencil. On most public forums it's to be expected.

I can acknowledge that Anyways isn’t a preferred word, however, it is one of my favorites and by golly I’ll use it all day every day.

Back