Minimum order for an OPU and/or Drive Up

Why doesn't Spot require a minimum order or $25 or higher for these orders?

In my store I have filled numerous orders far less than $10.

For example I did an order of three boxes of Cheez-Its.

Considering the ridiculous amount of Cheez-Its we keep getting sent, I'm certain our Market TL would be thrilled if we received dozens of those orders a day.

There's no dollar minimum because it's a service for guests. We want their business even if they just want to buy a pack of gum that day. Get them in the habit of shopping with us and when they do want bigger/more expensive things, they'll buy from us first.

Honestly I prefer running out small orders than I do a big order. I may laugh at the silliness of a single pack of hair ties or ramen noodles, but it beats the orders with 4 cases of water, 4 cases of soda, and all the kitty litters.

Also, I know my store needs the small orders to keep our drive up time green or close to it. I can run out a small order in 30 seconds no problem. But to answer the question: Target doesn’t want the guest complaints that would inevitably come from an order minimum.

I understand why the big/bulky orders would be frustrating, but those are the ones that make drive-up really worth it for guests.

I started doing Peapod a few weeks ago just for the beverages we need and it is worth the $9.99 delivery fee to not have to go to the store and get four cases of water, four cases of diet Pepsi, four bottles of cranberry juice and three bottles of ginger ale.

Why doesn't Spot require a minimum order or $25 or higher for these orders?

In my store I have filled numerous orders far less than $10.

For example I did an order of three boxes of Cheez-Its.
Walmart does have one. This way we can compete with them “we have no minimum”.
Honestly it doesn’t bother me. Much rather run out a bottle of nail polish than 5 cases of water (yes, that was a DU the other day)

I've had drive ups that were for one can of soup, one thing of mascara (that was late march), and one thing like lip balm. I don't care. It's totally fine. The one that pisses me off is the assholes that order a big ass gas grill.

I've done a single bottle of nail polish. Well worth my time to run outside. :/
Years ago I had a TL tell me (after I complained that I had waited for him for a few minutes at a location he told me to meet him at) that I get paid for my time and it was his decision how my time was used. If he wanted me to stand in an aisle for 8 hours, I was getting paid to stand in an aisle for 8 hours. He was right, when you think about it.

I currently work at Walmart doing Online Grocery Pickup and there is a minimum, but we do often get small orders for really expensive stuff.

I prefer dispensing small orders then really huge ones tbh...

Or a 70 inch tv.

^LOL, my coworker got stuck with one of those. I got the order for 4 patio chairs and had to help the customer wrestle them into the back of his SUV.

And then there are the clueless customers who OPU flowers for Mother's Day. Seriously, who does that? Flowers taken out of the bucket and stored for a couple of hours in the Guest Services room = wilted flowers. 🙄

Back