Archived Minimum Pay v Minimum Wage

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much over your states minimum wage is your stores starting pay? Right now I'm making the same as someone off the street makes at McDonald's next door. Target paying someone $13, $14, $15 an hour when the state's minimum wage is $9 sounds like an awesome deal but it my state, not much.

My state minimum wage is $12 an hour, I make $12 an hour. I made $10.50 when I first started though back when minimum wage was $10 🤷🏻‍♀️

My state's minimum is $9.25, but I've seen "help wanted" signs at places offering more than that for entry-level jobs at fast food places too. I think our starting pay is $11.50 now? After as long as I've been with Spot, I should be making that much more than minimum. But you know, Spot doesn't care about experience or seniority. I don't care so much about the seniority part, but my experience should be worth something. It's not. And that's why I don't feel terribly sorry when I'm due at my other job and my TL asks if I can stay longer than scheduled. It doesn't pay to be loyal to Spot.

My state's minimum is $9.25, but I've seen "help wanted" signs at places offering more than that for entry-level jobs at fast food places too. I think our starting pay is $11.50 now? After as long as I've been with Spot, I should be making that much more than minimum. But you know, Spot doesn't care about experience or seniority. I don't care so much about the seniority part, but my experience should be worth something. It's not. And that's why I don't feel terribly sorry when I'm due at my other job and my TL asks if I can stay longer than scheduled. It doesn't pay to be loyal to Spot.
Hey...

My state is currently at $8.25, but my county is at $11. I'm making starting pay ($12) at Target after 2.5 years.

My states is 5.15$ still.

"Employees covered under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act are subject to the federal minimum wage of $7.25, but those not covered under the FLSA may be paid the state minimum wage of $5.15."

🤣

The only reason Target is increasing minimum pay is to keep up with California's minimum wage. California minimum wage will be $12/hour by 2020, and our starting wage is $13.

The only reason Target is increasing minimum pay is to keep up with California's minimum wage. California minimum wage will be $12/hour by 2020, and our starting wage is $13.

Some areas are making $13.30 as minimum.

My states is 5.15$ still.

"Employees covered under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act are subject to the federal minimum wage of $7.25, but those not covered under the FLSA may be paid the state minimum wage of $5.15."

🤣

Very curious as to how you could be ineligible for coverage under FLSA.

I am currently making $12. My state minimum wage is $8.25, but it will be at $15 by 2025. The Walmart here has starting pay of $11 for both full and part time positions. I worked at a grocery store too for a bit earlier this year and they started me at a level 3 pay grade since they honored my previous work expierence prior to starting, but the pay was still only $9.55

How much over your states minimum wage is your stores starting pay? Right now I'm making the same as someone off the street makes at McDonald's next door. Target paying someone $13, $14, $15 an hour when the state's minimum wage is $9 sounds like an awesome deal but it my state, not much.
Minimum wage here is the same as the federal minimum wage.

Very curious as to how you could be ineligible for coverage under FLSA.
I read that if the business has 6 or more employees that they must go by federal minimum wage but if you’re a small business with 5 or less employees then you can pay them 5.15/hr.

California’s minimum wage was raised to $12 on January 1, 2019. Right now our store is over that by $1.

My state is minimum is $7.25. And that’s what my last job paid. Stayed for three years and left making $7.65. So the soon to be $13 an hour from Target is a huge increase for me.

Minimum is $7.25 around here, but very few places actually pay that. It's almost as if there's no need for a legal minimum wage because competition in a free market will drive wages up as unemployment goes down. Hm.

Anyway, Walmart pays $11-17 depending on job and experience. McD's advertises $12, but last I heard that was only for overnight shift leaders. I think normal pay there starts at $9 or $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back