Archived Minimum wage going up soon?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so my base pay is pretty low, but i have a $2.00 hourly bonus tacked on for being Overnight. I wonder if the minimum wage goes up that I get to keep my overnight bonus? :D

Even if the minimum wage went up, I'm already above it. And since my position is a +$1, and I make over what base of $9+1 would be, I won't see any type of increase. Damnit

I wonder if Target would just take shift differential away altogether for overnight TMs ? Haha. Wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder if Target would just take shift differential away altogether for overnight TMs ? Haha. Wouldn't surprise me.

You're giving them credit for allowing stores to still have an overnight shift. I can't see them taking the shift diff for O/N away, but I can see them doing their best to just kill O/N altogether. I can't imagine them succeeding entirely. There comes a point where it's just impossible to have E/M flow.

Idk I feel like target would feel like we one upped them if min wage went up. I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed TMs over one way or another.

You're giving them credit for allowing stores to still have an overnight shift. I can't see them taking the shift diff for O/N away, but I can see them doing their best to just kill O/N altogether. I can't imagine them succeeding entirely. There comes a point where it's just impossible to have E/M flow.

They're moving our overnight people to early morning. 4am, I believe.

They're moving our overnight people to early morning. 4am, I believe.

Ours, too, starting in April and our is 4am. I know a lot are unhappy and they have several quitting because of other jobs.

Last edited:
Pay everyone in the country the same salary...$75k, no more, no less. Whether you are a neurosurgeon, a software engineer or toilet scrubber, same pay for everyone. That would provide one hell of an incentive to pursue higher education and/or acquire marketable job skills.

All & all, its quite a shame that we need a LAW in place for target to pay their TM's a livable wage. Min wage shouldn't have to increase for target to do the right thing. What i've learned through everything is: JUMP SHIP 1st CHANCE YOU GET AT A DECENT WAGE AND LEAVE RETAIL IN THE PAST!! THESE CORPORATIONS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THE ENVIRONMENT, OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN PROFIT. THEY WILL (AND HAVE) DESTROYED THIS PLANET So THEY CAN MAKE A BUCK. THEY ARE THE REASONS THIS PLANET HAS NO FUTURE!! DISGUSTING!!!!

this makes a hilariously non-existent amount of sense... they'll pay you how much you're worth, no more, no less... I'm a first year cashier and my Target gives me 9/hr because of a huge amount of labor demand in my area

Pay everyone in the country the same salary...$75k, no more, no less. Whether you are a neurosurgeon, a software engineer or toilet scrubber, same pay for everyone. That would provide one hell of an incentive to pursue higher education and/or acquire marketable job skills.

Sounds good to me

In Ohio our minimum wage was increased, but for those of us at Spot who are above the minimum wage didn't see any increase.

New hires make close to what I make and I've been here over six years. Sometimes, I almost want to quit and see if they'd hire me in at a better rate since I'm now an experienced cashier!

Have they ever hired a GSTM above minimum wage due to experience? Serious question...

When I was hired on, the going rate at my store was $9.50. I started at $9.75, and I think it's because I used to work at Marshall Field's, when Target owned it, so I mentioned that as "Target experience" or they just liked me?

They don't give bonus pay for experience in any TM positions really except maybe AP, or if you're a VERY lucky GSA. Many stores do pay above the minimum wage a tad bit (including here in Minnesota, base pay was 7.75-8.00, minimum was 7.25 I think?), but that's not saying a whole lot.

Sounds good to me

I'm sure it does...

Of course no one in their right mind would become a doctor, dentist, engineer, etc. if they were to be paid no more than someone who puts Pampers on the shelf at Target.

Love the attitudes here. You're all just hoping for the Messiah in the White House to confiscate the wealth of those evil rich people and transfer it to you poor, oppressed retail workers. Anyone who is more successful than you must have been born rich or they obviously must have cheated their way to success, right?

Yeah, this mentality of "Well it's not against the law, it must be ok!" has got to go. How a company conducts itself and treats its employees can be currently legal, but that doesn't mean it's not wrong and unacceptable. It's really disturbing how so many people are so o.k. with companies stepping all over people however they want, and they defend it because "well it's not illegal." The law, and moral responsibility and social responsibility and economic responsibility don't always go together. But the law does always catches up. It may take awhile, but it gets there. Although the law isn't always as effective as it should be, since whining, sniveling companies always just raise prices of their goods and services to compensate, rolling right back around to square one. This is where needing companies to act with integrity and have some moral fiber comes in (and not because it's legally mandated, because it doesn't count then), because only then will the issue begin to fully rectify itself. It's possible to pay enough of a wage so people can live, eat, and get by without government assistance, while still being highly profitable; see: "Best Companies to Work For" list.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the ones who constantly argue against fairness and in favor of moral and corporate responsibility are probably trying to reach that 1% group themselves one day.

No one is asking for communism. No one is saying everyone should make $100k. There is an enormous difference between that, and a "living wage". People just want to be able to pay rent and bills in the area that they live in without needing welfare, food stamps, and being destitute until their next check. Jesus. It's not asking for a mansion, a Rolls Royce, and an 80" 4k TV in every room.

you get paid what you're worth

if you're making 9/hr at 30 years old you're probably not worth much, no offense

-

if you're making 9/hr at 30 years old you're probably not worth much, no offense

Or the economy has crashed in your area, the work you did has been sent to another country, you need to feed your kids, and it's all that's out there.
Don't frelling judge people if you don't know all the facts.

Sounds good to me

When you got your new IT job, why didn't you ask to be paid the same as the lowest paid employee in the company? That would only be fair. Everyone's worth the same, right?

-

Or the economy has crashed in your area, the work you did has been sent to another country, you need to feed your kids, and it's all that's out there.

Exactly. You do what you have to do in order to support yourself or your family, if you have one.

-

that could be true in some cases, but at my target I see far too many people in their 20's and 30's and far too little motivation and drive

Sounds good to me

When you got your new IT job, why didn't you ask to be paid the same as the lowest paid employee in the company? That would only be fair. Everyone's worth the same, right?

Actually I am the lowest paid in the company ;-)

Eh. **** Spot. I am enrolled at local CC to get my HVAC/R cert and median wage is around 18.50 on the national level. G'Bye Spot once I get it. They can suck my left nutsack. I wont take your abuse no more. Thanks go the Pell Grant, the only cost I will have to pay out of pocket is gas.

**** the corporate oligarchy and the class war. Just cos one bought a 4 year degree doesnt mean they're entitled to 3k a month. This is Class war, pure and simple

Yo Bro, I ain't made that little since I flipped burgers in high school. I'm used to making 25+/hr swinging an hammer and supplementing my income with side remodel jobs. Due to the economy, aint nobody got the finances to fund such endeavors. SPOT is a temp job -- 10 / hr is better than 0/hour and being on welfare.

I have worked for a lot of shady contractors in the past but Spot literally don't give two ****s about people at store level. The people managing/Running spot at coporate level are straight up mother****ing heartless sociopaths. Their biz practices make con artists look like saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back