Archived MIR & Return Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thprocess. ens more than you think and as long as you aren't flexing randomly, using proper labelling, and utilizing store ties where possible it should not be that hard to find the items. My store constantly flexes out NOP/D-Code yet my receivers are green on their MIRs.
Helps when the rest of the team follows the process.

RETURN SCAN COMING UP! WHO'S READY?!
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the last two times during the scan there were some CDs that couldn't be added to the carton. When you scan them, the app says it wants the items but no matter how many times you process it through, it doesn't add. It's always children's CDs. Anyone else?

I remember the last two times during the scan there were some CDs that couldn't be added to the carton. When you scan them, the app says it wants the items but no matter how many times you process it through, it doesn't add. It's always children's CDs. Anyone else?
I have had that happen with CDs and movies that have survived through a couple return scans and MySupport has not been helpful. I began putting them in the box anyway. We still get credit for it when they find the "mistake".

I cannot wait! I am the only person in my store who enjoys a good return scan. I even convinced our new SFTL to join us to see how it is done.

Last edited:
I sent this to MySupport and they replied it was a known issue and to contact the stores HelpDesk. But when I mentioned it to higher ups, they looked at me weird.

I have had that happen with CDs and movies that have survived through a couple return scans and MySupport has not been helpful. I began putting them in the box anyway. We still get credit for it when they find the "mistake".

I cannot wait! I am the only person in my store who enjoys a good return scan. I even convinced our new SFTL to join us to see how it is done.
Maybe I'll try your method of leaving them in the box. It never takes any of our kids music.

I sent this to MySupport and they replied it was a known issue and to contact the stores HelpDesk.
Same story here.

I began putting them in the box anyway. We still get credit for it when they find the "mistake".
I don't think my reciever and ETL-LOG would be happy. I'm thinking about setting aside anything that doesn't take, and just defecting them out.

Same story here.

I don't think my reciever and ETL-LOG would be happy. I'm thinking about setting aside anything that doesn't take, and just defecting them out.
Defecting it out is not the answer to everything

Maybe I'll try your method of leaving them in the box. It never takes any of our kids music.

So it's an issue for everybody? When I do the scan, it acknowledges it when I'm scanning. When I double check after I close a box, it doesn't show up in the list so I just take it out.

And to make sure, we never do the movie browser, just the CD browser, right? I only the the CD browsers when it's needed

Just double checking since reading this thread it's showing you're scanning the movies on the floor too

This scan is the entire backroom and all of the salesfloor (movies and CDs), yes. Literally everything. There is a schedule you can look up on Workbench that tells you what areas you are to scan and when.

Normally, you are only to scan movies on the salesfloor that have an on hand count of 4 or more. My store usually scans every movie regardless of counts anyway so we get the best possible credit return.

I'm not saying you're not correct. I haven't done a return scan in somewhere between 12-18 months, but up to that point scanning movies on the sales floor had never been part of the process. Scanning CDs in the browser usually was scheduled for about every other scan. Way back when, you used to scan the browser every return scan.

I've never scanned the movie browser at my store. Is this an E&E Innovation process? Scanning the movie browser seems less than brand as everything on it is supposedly on planogram. Maybe some of the seasonal movies in kids if it were close to the end of that holiday but the rest of it should be fine.

My store hasn't done a CD scan since last October. They keep pulling my TL for other things so the TL was lucky to get movies done. Going in in a few hours to start our scan.

E&E innovation store here. There is no movie "browser"... it's all strictly planogrammed. You don't scan movies on the floor.

Like I said in a previous post, this might have changed recently. But scanning movies on the floor has never been part of best practice.

89 cases and 8 and a half hours later...

And I'm opening today. Can the clinic just set me up with an iv of caffeine?

E&E innovation store here. There is no movie "browser"... it's all strictly planogrammed. You don't scan movies on the floor.

Like I said in a previous post, this might have changed recently. But scanning movies on the floor has never been part of best practice.
In my 8 years I have never had to scan movies on the floor and never seen it mentioned via the training on Workbench.

As a receiveer I say scan the browsers please. We will be getting soooo many movies for the 4th quarter and they will probably be the ones you just scan. You can get it of some now or have more to get rid in January's scan back
There is no movie browser and you're only supposed to scan CDs on the floor when directed to, though I think that might change since CDs are all planogrammed now. I need to check the new best practice and procedures for Entertainment, since I read it was supposed to change some after this most recent transition.

There is no movie browser and you're only supposed to scan CDs on the floor when directed to, though I think that might change since CDs are all planogrammed now. I need to check the new best practice and procedures for Entertainment, since I read it was supposed to change some after this most recent transition.
I was pretty unsure whether to set up a category and scan the floor, and i couldnt find any info. I did it anyway and it takes some from the floor, so I guess we're still scanning the browser??

Our scan will be interesting, I will let know everyone what happens to our scan. I have at least 9 repackaged boxes of CDs & movies with no locations.

Scan those not located CDs as part of the browser. Literally scan the sales floor inventory locator label and go through each of the CDs repackaged like you're scanning it out of the browser.

Movies should be backstocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back