Archived MIR & Return Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So entertainment is resetting this week. Entertainment is incredibly light that our store ETLs insist that we flex all d-code/NOP items back onto the floor (which usually results in a really bad score for whoever's doing MIRs). As far as I know, best practice is to backstock d-code and NOP because they tend to go on MIRs and return scan.

I just wanted to know, if items are missed during an MIR/return scan, does it usually get included on the next MIR/return scan? I feel like we have onesy-twosey of so many DVDs because they stay on the salesfloor when they're supposed to have been in the return scan..

That is so insanely against best practice. Target gets credit back for those movies that we return. If we don't return them, it's a loss. Your ETL's are basically throwing money away by flexing out D-Code.

*Sometimes* they can go back on the next return, but most of the time the DPCI's fall out of the system and they end up "Online Only" items. Your store will end up marking them down via 'SIM" and taking yet another loss.

Just flex over like items.

This happens more than you think and as long as you aren't flexing randomly, using proper labelling, and utilizing store ties where possible it should not be that hard to find the items. My store constantly flexes out NOP/D-Code yet my receivers are green on their MIRs.

Are your on hand counts correct? Instocks does not scan entertainment anymore so it's really important for electronics/planogram team members to scan things they notice are missing.

We always keep NOP entertainment backstocked so we can get rid of it at some point. We even have a shelf designated for discontinued items so we can keep an eye on movies and CDs that have overstayed their welcome.

Flexing at this point is pointless.... Your going to pull all the Dcode out of the back room, to flex then your going to put it all back into the back room for it to go bye bye on the next return scan.... You shouldn't really flex entertainment in the first place, but at this point is counter productive and actually making more work for everyone! If I was near your ETL, I'd slap them for you....

If you flex them, you will never get rid of them. Your Mir scores will plummet, and you'll lose margin because you won't scan or Mir half of them back.

Instead of flexing a bunch of merch that won't sell, tell your stupid ass etls to print a sheet of labels for the merch that you need and go to a nearby store and have them store to store transfer it. They'll be happy to dump some merch and you won't have holes, and a bunch of wasted time.

Flexing at this point is pointless.... Your going to pull all the Dcode out of the back room, to flex then your going to put it all back into the back room for it to go bye bye on the next return scan.... You shouldn't really flex entertainment in the first place, but at this point is counter productive and actually making more work for everyone! If I was near your ETL, I'd slap them for you....

Ugh, I wish you would! The receiver and I have to argue with these ETLs EVERY week. Our E&E dept is probably the shittiest one there is. This is the most inexperienced group of ETLs I've ever worked with.

Thanks for the insight. At least I have more to say the next time I see them. Is there any way to check our yearly MIR score or maybe even the quantity of MIRs that we've missed in the past? If I remember correctly, return scans also take excess cd/DVDs of active items.. Right?

If not, I think I'll just email our DTL and see what he has to say...

Last edited:
Ugh, I wish you would! The receiver and I have to argue with these ETLs EVERY week. Our E&E dept is probably the shittiest one there is. This is the most inexperienced group of ETLs I've ever worked with.

Thanks for the insight. At least I have more to say the next time I see them. Is there any way to check our yearly MIR score or maybe even the quantity of MIRs that we've missed in the past? If I remember correctly, return scans also take excess cd/DVDs of active items.. Right?

If not, I think I'll just email our DTL and see what he has to say...

Yep, Return scan takes Old/NOP product but also will reduce inventory. Nope you don't really need 14 copies of that Justin Bieber CD, lets take 10 and send them to another store that has none. (Who would really want JB, I do not know.. lol..) You can check your MIR score on Myperformance under the Logistic Tab. I haven't dove into MIR scoring, but I'd imagine that you'd be able to dig into the specifics of what was missed. I just don't know how to do it..
I wouldn't e-mail your DTL.... That wouldn't be a good move, I would just prepare your case and talk to your ETL again. Have all your Ammo and help educate them. I know that sounds like a "cliche" response, but it will make you look good. Emailing your DTL, won't.. :-(

There really shouldn't be any CDs in the back except for lifescapes (which isn't even a thing anymore but whatever). All CDs should've been flexed into the browser to actually sell them!

Although, now that the browser is going to be strictly planogrammed...I guess it's back to having CDs in the back.

There really shouldn't be any CDs in the back except for lifescapes (which isn't even a thing anymore but whatever). All CDs should've been flexed into the browser to actually sell them!

Although, now that the browser is going to be strictly planogrammed...I guess it's back to having CDs in the back.
Lifescapes went clearance at my store. You might want to ck on it.

I've always directed the team to keep most NOP cd's in the back, because it helped keep our browser nice, clean and organized. But once I got word of this reset, plus some direction from our DTL, I just pulled all the CD's, and had the team merch them out properly. We still had tons of backstock though, because we missed a return scan :/

If you really want to drive your receiver insane, keep flexing that stuff to the floor. Having to go "on the hunt" is a royal pain, especially with the company cutting hours.

for those of you directing to not flex. We must flex when the department is that light, what are you going to sell air? As long as you scan the salesfloor durring the scan you are fine, or does nobody remember that is part of the process too.

for those of you directing to not flex. We must flex when the department is that light, what are you going to sell air? As long as you scan the salesfloor durring the scan you are fine, or does nobody remember that is part of the process too.
This is not for a scan this is for an MIR

HUGE difference

So entertainment is resetting tiss week. Entertainment is incredibly light that our store ETLs insist that we flex all d-code/NOP items back onto the floor (which usually results in a really bad score for whoever's doing MIRs). As far as I know, best practice is to backstock d-code and NOP because they tend to go on MIRs and return scan.

Big difference between MIRs and the scan.

I just wanted to know, if items are missed during an MIR/return scan, does it usually get included on the next MIR/return scan?
NO, they're not in the next MIR. Corporate expects the Receiving /Reverse Logistics TM to find each item they requested within the time frame they give. Along with all the fun stuff we do, that most TMS don't know about.

MIRs request a particular amount be sent back and are primarily on books and the rest of the store. There are times that there will be movie or cd MIRs, but they are not as common.

Scan is when you are actually doing a variation of inventory. You are scanning every movie and cd to give corporate a look at what is actually on hand and they direct you how much to send back.

I feel like we have onesy-twosey of so many DVDs because they stay on the salesfloor when they're supposed to have been in the return scan..

If the product had been located in the back room, there would be a better chance of it going away, since back room is SCANNED more times a year. You only do an all scan (the back room and browser) about 3 to 4 times a year.

Last edited:
Another way you can be sure your getting a good scanscan:
Make sure all back stock has been done before starting.

Make sure everyone understands the process. The handheld devices have changed how it's done. Might want to do a review session the day before.

Have some one review the repacks before you take them to the receiver,preferably not the person who packed it. This is where mistakes can be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back