Archived Mirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
today was taylor swift recalls 20+ boxes 600 pounds and a few hundred dollars in shipping fees
books are up next :D

i enjoy the challenge but i wish it came with more money for the effort:rolleyes:

All those magazines of Taylor Swift so many of those damn things.. I pulled the backroom ones for our receiver filled a triple tier with them..

our store was 4 or 5 hundred of those magazines
they are so stupid heavy my back is so very very glad to be done with them

All those magazines of Taylor Swift so many of those damn things.. I pulled the backroom ones for our receiver filled a triple tier with them..
im sure your reverse logistics tm appreciates the help, i always do ;)

our store was 4 or 5 hundred of those magazines
they are so stupid heavy my back is so very very glad to be done with them

im sure your reverse logistics tm appreciates the help, i always do ;)

Anytime I can hide in the electronics lock up and actually make that place neater - I won't pass that up! And yeah I kinda owe her, she helps me pack SFS orders when she has time so when I have time I pick stuff for her.

Pulled the Taylor Swift MIRs today. CDs were no problem, all packed and ready for pickup tomorrow. These magazines are going to be a nightmare to get ready though. But at least all I have left are some book and phone MIRs...with the next day or so being taken up by all the sweep-related things I've been putting off to get these under control.

I pulled the Taylor Swift stuff also. Finding boxes for those will be a hard. I still have to pull the monster book mir.

I pulled the Taylor Swift stuff also. Finding boxes for those will be a hard. I still have to pull the monster book mir.
I'm still pondering what SFS boxes to use that will maximize units per box while not killing the FedEx driver's back.

Also I love huge MIRs where I can see the dollar value in the packing slip. Makes me feel like I'm doing something.

my store doesnt do sfs so grabbing proper shipping boxes from the flow piles is needed

should have the book mir done by friday but its a slow process

I'm still pondering what SFS boxes to use that will maximize units per box while not killing the FedEx driver's back.

Also I love huge MIRs where I can see the dollar value in the packing slip. Makes me feel like I'm doing something.
SFS boxes cost $$$ use boxes from flow

ship to store boxes are great but they run out quickly with mirs of these sizes

my store doesnt do sfs so grabbing proper shipping boxes from the flow piles is needed

should have the book mir done by friday but its a slow process
I used to have to hoard the Readerlink and DVD boxes for my MIRs, along with whatever bubble wrap they came with. Then SFS came and while it's always a pain in the ass dealing with that loss in backroom space, gaining steady access to non-shitty shipping supplies is wonderful.

SFS boxes cost $$$ use boxes from flow
How much does a pallet of boxes cost?

For Taylor Swift mags I used Little Debbie and boxes that checkout bags come in. Weight is 40 to 50 lbs each

$200-300.
That seems pretty cheap. I've sent out $6,000+ in MIRs this last week in a half and I doubt I've used more than a pallet's worth of boxes in the last year. So those are pretty good numbers I'd guess.

I sent out 6 boxes of the Taylor Swift magazines and one box of the cds. Luckily I have SFS so I didn't have to scramble for boxes. I try to keep my boxes around 45 pounds at most. What cost are we supposed to enter for non-readerlink MIRs? I know its .01 for Readerlink, but is that for everything else as well?

I sent out 6 boxes of the Taylor Swift magazines and one box of the cds. Luckily I have SFS so I didn't have to scramble for boxes. I try to keep my boxes around 45 pounds at most. What cost are we supposed to enter for non-readerlink MIRs? I know its .01 for Readerlink, but is that for everything else as well?
I use FedEx's rate calculator to figure this out. I know some receivers have a sheet with all the rates but if my store had one it disappeared long ago. And is probably out of date.

I use FedEx's rate calculator to figure this out. I know some receivers have a sheet with all the rates but if my store had one it disappeared long ago. And is probably out of date.
well dang. I've been doing it wrong. I've been using our Fedex account to ship it, but have been entering it in the gun as a penny. Guess I'll know going forward, but no one went over this with me in training and I couldn't find the information on workbench. Since I've used our fedex account we get charged the right amount, it just won't be in our system as the correct rate?

My philosophy with receiving has pretty much been "I'm probably fucking this up but until somebody tells me otherwise it isn't a big enough deal."

I'd assume that at some higher level Target and the receiving company hash out the differences in shipping info and if nobody's asked why you're doing it the way you are then it isn't big enough to trickle down to the store level.

My philosophy with receiving has pretty much been "I'm probably fucking this up but until somebody tells me otherwise it isn't a big enough deal."

I'd assume that at some higher level Target and the receiving company hash out the differences in shipping info and if nobody's asked why you're doing it the way you are then it isn't big enough to trickle down to the store level.
That's what I'm hoping. I've only been doing this a few months and got very little training so I'm still relying on that as my excuse if something happens that I was never trained on. Thanks for the info.

i use ups for everything
we do have a roll of prepaid fedex labels but ive never known how to use them properly or what they are for, like how do i relay the weight of the packages and the destination, is it just a big ass stamp
the fedex guy did verify they are still valid

very much this
ive gone out of my way to learn as much as possible about targets "proper" receiving/rl yet not one person notices the improvement unless its explained to them in detail
multiple occasions learning and implementing the proper method opens a can of worms and exposes how poorly things have been done, increasing costs too

my store is 20+ years old now and stuff was done wrong (very wrong even) for a long time with no one noticing or caring

We use UPS for everything as well. They already pick up every day for SFS, so it saves us the trouble of having to schedule a pickup. We don't even have any FedEx login info written down anywhere.

We use UPS for everything as well. They already pick up every day for SFS, so it saves us the trouble of having to schedule a pickup. We don't even have any FedEx login info written down anywhere.
You don't have FedEx making regular deliveries? We get our Starbucks signs and some DVDs through FedEx Ground along with some STS, among other random stuff. Even if they don't have mail for us they stop to see if I have anything outgoing. I only use UPS to send out the CO's coupons and the Readerlink MIRs.

Almost came completely clean on the last two weeks of MIRs, until I had one phone return left. Which required working with Target Mobile, who is either not there and nobody knows if they're showing up today, or they're there and swamped. Oh well. At least I got a few hundred books shipped out today.

You don't have FedEx making regular deliveries? We get our Starbucks signs and some DVDs through FedEx Ground along with some STS, among other random stuff. Even if they don't have mail for us they stop to see if I have anything outgoing. I only use UPS to send out the CO's coupons and the Readerlink MIRs.
They stop by as often as 3 times a day, usually pretty early in the morning. So we would have to have it ready to go asap or have it sitting around until the next day. They're in and out super fast and never ask if we have anything to send (though that might be because we haven't sent anything in years).

Is there a way to ship books back manually with the PDA? I have repack of books not on Plano, but no MIR dropped for them. I'm told it is possible and STL wants them sent out.

Mostly everything is under the my device now, but don't see in option to do this

Is there a way to ship books back manually with the PDA?

You now use the "vendor credit" part in the reverse logistics app. Its pretty simple. Partner with your receiver or look at the reverse logistics page on workbench to see how to do it.

My store is doing the toys expansion and we have 2 flats of discontinued books that we are proccessing out.

Is there a way to ship books back manually with the PDA? I have repack of books not on Plano, but no MIR dropped for them. I'm told it is possible and STL wants them sent out.

Mostly everything is under the my device now, but don't see in option to do this
First you should have them backstock and let a mir drop for it or maybe it did dropped but since you don’t have them on location the batch will open and close . You no longer use the pda .
You just go in the revlog app and then credit charge back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back