Archived Missing the "Old" Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall the ole days when an ETL wasn't just out of school. When a life experience occurred, they understood or, at least, were sympathetic. Now, the ETLs aren't even old enough to tie their shoes.

Also, I miss the month of January when we got an additional 10% off. At first, it was for everything, to boost Target's sales, of course, now it is limited to mainly crap product.

I also miss the 'game' mentality. We had enough people to make a game out of everything- who could unload reshop the fastest, who could complete their zone the fastest, and my fave - the baby food isle - and who could spin the jars forward the fastest w/out causing one to drop. When you are Softlines or Hardlines or Backroom for the night, forget about playing a game with someone. You are simply there to answer questions between responding to back up calls.

I recall the ole days when an ETL wasn't just out of school. When a life experience occurred, they understood or, at least, were sympathetic. Now, the ETLs aren't even old enough to tie their shoes.

This... I always find it funny that Spot will hand store keys and LOD responsibilities to a 21 year old whose ink isn't even dry on their degree and they make it virtually impossible for someone who has done the work and paid their dues to advance. We can't hang on to ETLs in our building, the good ones anyway, they all leave. We're also losing a lot of great team leads to other stores/other work for this reason too.

The last time we did something fun was when we played this dodgeball type game when I was on the overnight team preparing for black Friday xD also throughout the holidays we got Einsteins Bagels in the breakroom. And when I worked thanksgiving night, we had a nice big dinner and our old STL made a badass lasagna for us.
Now everyone is just stressed out about redcards. The incentive is a 10 dollar gift card and the consequence for not getting any is a few coachings and eventually a write up.
We neeeeed to get brand team members back again. As I said, the shoe person got moved to flow, and the cosmetics lady is just hardlines now. She still puts so much effort into zoning cosmetics like she used to and she's always stressed out because now she doesn't have anymore time to do that

I've only been with target a year and a half and in that short time, I've noticed some changes. We never have huddles anymore, and I mean never when they were very common for my first 8 months. When I first started, a soft lines closing shift was always 4-11:15, and we were expected to get reshop and our zone done. Now, our closing shifts are 4.75 hours, sometimes 4 and they still have the same expectations for us, it's really affected soft lines morale and now we all pretty much have a fuck it attitude. We've actually accepted that the new normal for SL is leaving the fitting room full of reshop while barely getting our zone done and also the FR has to leave unsorted carts and a bunch of reshop with a bad zone because in our store ever since the limit for trying items on was taken off people go in there with a bunch of shit.

There is too much work to do and no more time to waste.

Just throwing this out there...
I transfered to a new store which has a Food Ave (my old one didn't), and I can't believe how crappy it's gotten!
Before my old store became a Starbucks, we were just a Food Ave. We had pretzels I was obsessed with. We made sandwiches and salads by hand. We baked cookies in the morning. Now it's just a joke. I got a pretzel and found myself really disappointed. The food there is terrible, and I wanted to train in Food Ave but even that part of the store is so different and honestly just sad. Maybe it sounds silly because it was just food, but I enjoyed baking cookies and making sandwiches...Now it's just laughable.

Every day is reshop in the morning after huddle. No matter if you have a 10 hour pog or not. And it's ridiculous. They are not saving hours. I just throw shit wherever because everything is in the wrong place anyway. The zone is sooooo bad. When we did the dog toys pog, it looked like people just dumped reshop in there.

our stores must be twins lol

Now everyone is just stressed out about redcards. The incentive is a 10 dollar gift card and the consequence for not getting any is a few coachings and eventually a write up.

OMG, $10 for a RC? I would be such a red card whore! I always get more RCs when there is bling on the line!

I've only been with target a year and a half and in that short time, I've noticed some changes. We never have huddles anymore, and I mean never when they were very common for my first 8 months. When I first started, a soft lines closing shift was always 4-11:15, and we were expected to get reshop and our zone done. Now, our closing shifts are 4.75 hours, sometimes 4 and they still have the same expectations for us, it's really affected soft lines morale and now we all pretty much have a fuck it attitude. We've actually accepted that the new normal for SL is leaving the fitting room full of reshop while barely getting our zone done and also the FR has to leave unsorted carts and a bunch of reshop with a bad zone because in our store ever since the limit for trying items on was taken off people go in there with a bunch of shit.
I normally don't get any closers. We zone what we can during the day, but it never lasts. When I left yesterday there was 3 z-racks of clothing to workout in addition to carts back there, as well. Our zone was were really except for a few tables in RTW and the back wall in shoes, as set these yesterday.

Oh jeez Target I wonder why your sales are expected to decline 2%... hmm maybe was it the 7 complaints I received today that we're underscheduled? Yeah, I think that's it. Great job home office fuckos.
Same thing at our store. It was like Christmas with a 1/4 of the staffing.

Recently, I think mine has been looking like a glorified K-mart!
It's funny that you say that, because my store used to actually be a Kmart.
Just throwing this out there...
I transfered to a new store which has a Food Ave (my old one didn't), and I can't believe how crappy it's gotten!
Before my old store became a Starbucks, we were just a Food Ave. We had pretzels I was obsessed with. We made sandwiches and salads by hand. We baked cookies in the morning. Now it's just a joke. I got a pretzel and found myself really disappointed. The food there is terrible, and I wanted to train in Food Ave but even that part of the store is so different and honestly just sad. Maybe it sounds silly because it was just food, but I enjoyed baking cookies and making sandwiches...Now it's just laughable.
At least you have something. My store got rid of Food Ave for something called Freshii. Recently, one person told me they were upset that we didn't have popcorn anymore.

For example, let's look at online orders. How well do you think online orders have been going? Why do I have to manually check an app to see if any orders came in? Why is there no notification system if they're apparently so urgent? And why is there no back up system for when the MyGo app is down? I have to ask the guest to cancel their order so I can charge them in store? Yeah that's really shitty and totally makes us look like a bunch of idiots.

Because current Target only ever half-a$$es EVERYTHING! I have been using the term half-a$$ery to describe/explain the stupidity of SO many things that team members have to deal with on a daily basis.

Oh jeez Target I wonder why your sales are expected to decline 2%... hmm maybe was it the 7 complaints I received today that we're underscheduled? Yeah, I think that's it. Great job home office fuckos.

Yes and even though stores or understaffed and team members are starving for hours, we're HIRING!! WTF!

Yes and even though stores or understaffed and team members are starving for hours, we're HIRING!! WTF!
Oh! And because there's no one on the sales floor because they're always on backup because the same idiot cashiers who keep calling out every weekend so they can party once again didn't show up <3 and there's no zone either because of that

For example, let's look at online orders. How well do you think online orders have been going? Why do I have to manually check an app to see if any orders came in? Why is there no notification system if they're apparently so urgent?

Log into Redwire and select Flexible Fulfillment alerts. It doesn't always work but it's a lot better than trying to remember to check myFA every 30 minutes.

I, too, miss the old days. I was away from Target for some time before returning but I definitely feel for some of the observations many of you are experiencing. As an ETL, it is disheartening when other ETLs are at each other. Cohesion is faked very well. I love my work center but the rest of the store has their own agenda (every ETL, TL has their own agenda, I mean). And I absolutely miss the massive TMs in the store at the end of the night. Remember when you used to blitz zone the entire store and leave a perfect zone? AND NO RESHOP. Siiiiighhh.

I brought it up at the meeting that we should be thanking flow, pog, pricing for their hard work early in the day (if it's merited). The consensus was "Why should we thank them for doing their job?". I was truly shocked and the wind was sucked right out of me. You bet your you-know-what that I went out and thanked every damn TM in the building that day for their (truly) hard work.

Mistakes are made and I understand that. They can be fixed. I know I'm ranting but I HATE HATE HATE it when an ETL cannot get out of their office to help pull a batch, push research, do a cart of reshop, zone an aisle, or anything "beneath" them. I can understand if they have a project or other priorities but man, sometimes it is just so damn blatant.

So for any ETLs out there, no matter the workcenter, please help your TMs. Especially during this time. Schedules are light and your team NEEDS you, whether they say it or not. Say thanks, smile, don't be a douche.

Good luck everyone. Stay strong during the next 2 weeks!!!

Log into Redwire and select Flexible Fulfillment alerts. It doesn't always work but it's a lot better than trying to remember to check myFA every 30 minutes.

This. And the delay on a PDA is usually about 5 min after the order drops, whereas the delay for alerts on a MyDevice is significantly greater (hence the LOD being concerned about a SPU order that you already completed).

It's funny that you say that, because my store used to actually be a Kmart.

At least you have something. My store got rid of Food Ave for something called Freshii. Recently, one person told me they were upset that we didn't have popcorn anymore.
My store has a freshii too, and my guests despise it.

I don't think I've seen the "We're Hiring" sign come down since I applied. That was four months ago...
I've been at my store a year and the now hiring sign hasn't come down since the day I applied.

I brought it up at the meeting that we should be thanking flow, pog, pricing for their hard work early in the day (if it's merited). The consensus was "Why should we thank them for doing their job?". I was truly shocked and the wind was sucked right out of me. You bet your you-know-what that I went out and thanked every damn TM in the building that day for their (truly) hard work.

Boy I wish you worked at my store. Twice in the last week I've gotten my ETL-GE out of a bind by staying later and haven't heard one syllable of gratitude. Like, what's really the point if they're acting like they expect these things to be done for them? It's starting to really get on my nerves.

And, yes, this ETL is very new, fresh out of college, and typically a non-entity until they want to crack the whip on redcards with threats of PDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back