Archived Mobile TM wants me to use their speed ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
A mobile TM at my store (she's actually the mobile manager for my store and a couple others) to use her speed ID whenever I sell iPhone cases or fitbits or a few other items because their penetration rate is down? She said she was gonna print out a bunch of speed IDs for the electronics TM's to use? I told her I would without even really thinking about it, but does this seem sketchy or is it just me? Not sure if it's something I should be letting an ETL know about or if I should just do it?

Definitely not something I would do, or recommend doing.
I thought it seemed weird, but then again she's the manager for mobile for a couple stores in my district, and I generally like her, but it just feels like something's off.. also don't think it's good for her to just leave speed IDs laying around electronics..?

I thought it seemed weird, but then again she's the manager for mobile for a couple stores in my district, and I generally like her, but it just feels like something's off.. also don't think it's good for her to just leave speed IDs laying around electronics..?

Just cause she's manager of mobile that doesn't mean she can tell you what to do. And no she shouldn't be leaving speed id's around... Someone can come and open the register with that speed Id

Just cause she's manager of mobile that doesn't mean she can tell you what to do. And no she shouldn't be leaving speed id's around... Someone can come and open the register with that speed Id
I don't think you can even make speed IDs for days in advance...? She's only at our store like twice a week... it just seems really sketchy imo, do you think I should tell an ETL...?

I don't think you can even make speed IDs for days in advance...? She's only at our store like twice a week... it just seems really sketchy imo, do you think I should tell an ETL...?

Speed id only works for 12hours I think... Been a while since I made one. I probably wouldn't say anything unless she becomes a pain and tries to act like she has authority to make you use her speed Id

Tell someone. As far as I know it's against policy to use another's speed ID for transactions. I'm not sure if Mobile Techs work off of commission on phones or policies they sell, but sounds like she's trying to make some extra $$$ or something similar.

Speed ID is for your own use only. It is against policy to allow anyone else to use your ID (speed or manually typed) for transactions. Definitely tell AP.

Also, I've never been able to make a speed ID for more than 8 hours.

To be honest, happens all the time at my store. We ring out accessories that they get credit for, charging cables, phone cases, etc, and they ring any attachments they get, a console and a game or a go pro and memory card. ASANTS I guess, but I’m sure it’s technically against the handbook.

One of my GSTLs had another cashier use my speed ID because his TM numbers weren't working.

One of my GSTLs had another cashier use my speed ID because his TM numbers weren't working.
That sounds like a huge liability towards him.. what if that cashier decided to give a bunch of discounts...? It would come up on your number.. I would have told the GSTL fuck no and let the cashier use their number

They tell us to do this all the time! Especially this time of year when we are hiring so many new team members. Half the time they don't have numbers when they come in for cashier training so ETL/HR tells us to have them use another cashier's numbers. I've never felt comfortable doing it but I don't know if it's against policy.

Yeah, I don't make speed IDs anymore anyway. It seems like a really big liability when I could just type in my number + pin just as fast. It's worth noting that on the screen in POS where you create a speed ID, it expressly says that letting someone else use or using someone else's speed ID is against policy and punishable, so there's that.

your only allow to make speed ID if you are working a SCO shift at our store due to theft

That happens to me a lot, it doesn't take but 20 seconds to get back into the system.

OP, I'm betting there's some sort of boosting of commission, there was a mention on another thread that a mobile TM lost a commission when the Electronics TM rang up the sale instead. Go to AP. If you can, time it so that you can take them the actual speed ID.

CYA never make one for anyone else. If something goes wrong or you are accused of theft "They told me to" is not going to cut it. Especially when it's not in writing.

CYA never make one for anyone else. If something goes wrong or you are accused of theft "They told me to" is not going to cut it. Especially when it's not in writing.
True that.
You'll get thrown under the bus first if anything goes wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past I've noticed that if you make one speed ID and then make another the first one one will expire and you cant reuse it. EX.. I've covered service desk, left my speed id up there.. made a new one.. went back to service desk later and that one no longer worked.. so I don't know how multiples would work? But I'd still notify AP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past I've noticed that if you make one speed ID and then make another the first one one will expire and you cant reuse it. EX.. I've covered service desk, left my speed id up there.. made a new one.. went back to service desk later and that one no longer worked.. so I don't know how multiples would work? But I'd still notify AP.

Yep, you're right. They no longer work when you make another. Maybe if they physically copied it on a copy machine...?

Just no.. And let AP handle this.. She probably doesn't know just how seriously bad this idea is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back