Archived More hours cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try running a deli On 20 hours a week. 2 people a day sometimes and they expect it fresh an d full. Lol
I work in a Deli, and if we had only 2 people a day with only 20hours a week.... oh boy LOL. management would be totally delusional if they thought it was possible! people leave pissed if it takes too long!

Try running a deli On 20 hours a week. 2 people a day sometimes and they expect it fresh an d full. Lol
We haven't gotten that bad, thankfully, but we have 1-2 people in the morning right now, a mid, and a closer. Part of it is because we have a new hire who's stopped showing up, the rest is just low hours. I don't know how we're going to survive the back to school rush.

A ton of people in Electronics quit all around the same time so I was assuming I'd get more hours to pick up the slack. I get 3p-7p 4 days, 7:30-midnight 1 day, and a Hardlines girl who's never worked Electronics gets an 8am - 4pm shift on Tuesday...reason #1000 why everyone in Electronics quit.

So my store has been calling people and leaving a voicemail that "hey we don't need you for your shift tomorrow so you don't need to come in". They then look at kronos and the shift is gone. It's been my understanding that they can't do that right? If you have been scheduled they can't take that back, especially the day before. So if you want to still work you still can?

Guest services and SCO were told they had to leave on time, and could not clock out a minute late. So I guess if you’re replacement isn’t there on time or you’re in the middle of helping a guest you just walk away and clock out and go about your day.

This place is damn ridiculous.

It bounces back and forth from help the guests to fuck the guests all the time.

Ask to be cross trained. Find shifts that are open from hr or anyone looking to give up a shift on the board. There's always hours to get, especially if you're cross trained in multiple areas. cashiering usually always comes up. Most the hours go straight to backroom and POG because they are 100% essential. Tell your STL you'd like to learn either of those.

Essential, huh. I thought both those teams were being Eliminated !

Sorry, I clock in 5 minutes early and as much as I can sneak in on the backside of my shift. Goal is to grab at least an extra half an hour each week!
I also clock in 5 minutes early. I think most people in my store clock in a minute after though, ha.

I routinely get 10-15 extra minutes per shift this way because I usually close and no closers at my store leave on the dot. It’s just not possible.

I'm getting one day a week this week, the next, and the next after that.

Taxes came in so bills are paid but jesus, Target, this is how you LOSE people!

We had an electronics member removed from electronics. Been there for years but now, nope. She has to do "flow" work like the rest of us. Now the ladies who are here during the day have to do all the work the first woman in question used to do all by her lonesome.

This is TOTALLY more efficient. /s

What with the cage (full of goodies like Switches, phones, repacks, etc to sort through) that must be locked at all times when not in use. If it's maddening for me to constantly get interrupted by guests I can only imagine it's 10x worse with a thing that has to be kept locked.

I'm getting one day a week this week, the next, and the next after that.

Taxes came in so bills are paid but jesus, Target, this is how you LOSE people!

We had an electronics member removed from electronics. Been there for years but now, nope. She has to do "flow" work like the rest of us. Now the ladies who are here during the day have to do all the work the first woman in question used to do all by her lonesome.

This is TOTALLY more efficient. /s

What with the cage (full of goodies like Switches, phones, repacks, etc to sort through) that must be locked at all times when not in use. If it's maddening for me to constantly get interrupted by guests I can only imagine it's 10x worse with a thing that has to be kept locked.
They make us put all our white repacks on a uboat, so you know anyone could walk up and steal something off of it when you’re helping a guest.

They make us put all our white repacks on a uboat, so you know anyone could walk up and steal something off of it when you’re helping a guest.

Yeah, that would never fly here. I can't imagine this lasting long at your store with modernization going on and you having to help more guests. It'll be like having no one at the fitting room.

Yeah, that would never fly here. I can't imagine this lasting long at your store with modernization going on and you having to help more guests. It'll be like having no one at the fitting room.
We've been doing modernization in electronics for like a little over half a year. They just implemented the uboats a month ago for us.

According to the Mod paper work, Zone 9 repacks are to be worked from the cage, meaning you are supposed to drag that monstrosity back and forth on the Electronics sales floor.😆😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

According to the Mod paper work, Zone 9 repacks are to be worked from the cage, meaning you are supposed to drag that monstrosity back and forth on the Electronics sales floor.😆😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Doubly fun when the cage barely moves, is bent to hell and the dtl wont approve a new one.

I love my sft, but for some reason he keeps putting off fixing the cage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back