Archived More hours cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
this week I am only scheduled for 24 hrs. They called today to tell me that my shift on Thursday was being cut due to everyone's hours being cut. 24 hours is a cut already! Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh, hell no. I would just look for another part time job and split 4 hours for each one. That's what I'm going to do pretty soon.

this week I am only scheduled for 24 hrs. They called today to tell me that my shift on Thursday was being cut due to everyone's hours being cut. 24 hours is a cut already! Has this happened to anyone else?
Ask to be cross trained. Find shifts that are open from hr or anyone looking to give up a shift on the board. There's always hours to get, especially if you're cross trained in multiple areas. cashiering usually always comes up. Most the hours go straight to backroom and POG because they are 100% essential. Tell your STL you'd like to learn either of those.

Ask to be cross trained. Find shifts that are open from hr or anyone looking to give up a shift on the board. There's always hours to get, especially if you're cross trained in multiple areas. cashiering usually always comes up. Most the hours go straight to backroom and POG because they are 100% essential. Tell your STL you'd like to learn either of those.

Cross train? To where? We have most of POG on vacation this week and there is no pricing workload beyond the TL so they are scraping cashier shifts, so there are NO hours.. Cross train doesn't mean shit anymore.. Cause you are only going to get hours where there are hours and there are NO hours anywhere.

If they're cutting hours, then they don't have the payroll dollars to cross train. Training anyone means double the payroll.

My store has been cutting hours for a while now and the sad part of it is that long timers with insurance are in danger of losing that insurance. Newer TM's get drastically cut to make hours for long term TM's. It pretty much sucks and I'm putting in applications all over town.

If they're cutting hours, then they don't have the payroll dollars to cross train. Training anyone means double the payroll.

My store has been cutting hours for a while now and the sad part of it is that long timers with insurance are in danger of losing that insurance. Newer TM's get drastically cut to make hours for long term TM's. It pretty much sucks and I'm putting in applications all over town.

Thank you for mentioning this! When I came to that realization, the job hunt began. :'(

Plus even if you are cross-trained during times with more payroll that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a ton of hours. I am trained to open market (I am the only 'regular' TM who knows how to do it in addition to the P-fresh assistants), I know the fitting room and I am scheduled there a decent amount, plus all the regular sales floor stuff, and cashiering. Plus I've done random shifts here and there for other areas, like pricing. But I am only getting nineteen hours on the upcoming schedule. It is more than some people, but in times of deep cuts being cross-trained doesn't always keep you safe. Even our P-fresh assistants hours are being cut. But there are some people who only work in one area that are getting a ton of hours. There is a person who only does the fitting room and she gets at least 30-34 hours every week. She is just a regular TM, but none of the cuts are effecting her hours so who knows what actually help at my store.

Last edited:
They cut a whole week for me once lol so yeah it happens alot. You can tell them no. We all do when they try to cut our hours once it's posted.

Hours are awful for us aswell. One TM who ALWAYS gets 40, and has been there forever, is getting less than 25. We're all using vacation payout to pad our hours. I'm constantly looking out on the swap board for salesfloor or flow shifts. We don't understand it since we're comping up.

They're cutting the long-timers' hours & giving 'em to the newbies because it will eventually drive their avg down enough to strip their benefits.
It'll take the newbies at least a year to build up an avg for bennies & they'll likely be gone before then.

They're cutting the long-timers' hours & giving 'em to the newbies because it will eventually drive their avg down enough to strip their benefits.
It'll take the newbies at least a year to build up an avg for bennies & they'll likely be gone before then.
Ok who actually does this....I think you're a little paranoid.

I feel the need to point out that it's not all doom and gloom at every Target. Our store is not cutting anyone's hours, and flipping through the schedule I see anyone from BR to Starbucks to Cashiers getting 30+ hours.

The only kind of pressure for hours that I've seen is trying to get flow out before lunch, and that's just because they're going to start overspending hours a lot when BTS sets.

I feel the need to point out that it's not all doom and gloom at every Target. Our store is not cutting anyone's hours, and flipping through the schedule I see anyone from BR to Starbucks to Cashiers getting 30+ hours.

The only kind of pressure for hours that I've seen is trying to get flow out before lunch, and that's just because they're going to start overspending hours a lot when BTS sets.

Our backroom has full time right now cause half of them have quit when they changed the CAF round schedule and their hours got cut so the ones who are left are picking up cause there isn't anyone but three people to cover all the shifts. Some times there just isn't anyone to cover the backroom. Fun in a high volume store! Here scan until lunch then go pull your own batches and get screamed at cause you are not responding to call boxes up on a ladder in the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back