Archived More Walmart job eliminations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Walmart got all that praise for the bonuses

Key quote from Business Insider that should be noted:

"Many of the workers impacted by the cuts will be moved to other positions at Walmart, the company said." - Walmart is cutting more store managers after raising wages - http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-is-firing-more-store-managers-after-raising-wages-2018-2

The re-consolidation has less to do with "greediness" from tax cuts and more to do with restructuring due to competition from Amazon. It's also the same reason why they closed Sam's Club stores; they were simply strugging (especially since Amazon is now crashing in to the market with Amazon Fresh and after its purchase of Whole Foods).

My lack of understanding in business may show but. . .is it just me or are all these companies using amazon as a scapegaot in their goals of lining their own pockets. I get restructuring needs to happen with changing economics but crying amazon seems to be getting pretty old.

My old store use to have a comp shop but that’s been a few years, I think it’s gone away and really not necessary to have someone to go to another store to check prices when it can be done online. I haven’t seen anyone at my current store do it. We did have a split between HL and SL ETL for awhile but now it’s combined again since the SL ETL quit.

My lack of understanding in business may show but. . .is it just me or are all these companies using amazon as a scapegaot in their goals of lining their own pockets. I get restructuring needs to happen with changing economics but crying amazon seems to be getting pretty old.

Used to be that Walmart was the scapegoat when other retailers made changes. Seems things are coming full circle.

Well, I’d say that both Walmart and Target have plenty to worry about when it comes to the behemoth Amazon has become in e-retail. Walmart and Target are both engaging in restructuring to compete (Walmart with job re-allocation, Target with online fulfillment expansion). It makes far more sense to me that both companies are making adjustments to become more competitive and profitable rather than making cuts to “line their pockets.”

DEe7vQ1WAAEMLQw.jpg:large

Last edited:

It's like when obamacare passed and everyjob started wildly cutting benefits and blaming democrats

Target thins out job levels too. I'm not going to demonize Walmart for doing it when we do it as well. Do any stores still have comp-shop TM's? Most stores combined HL and SL ETL a few years ago.
Comp shop is hired out to a 3rd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back