Archived More Walmart job eliminations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelon1071

Front End Academy Trainer (Walmart)
Today we all got hit with a new round of job eliminations. The jobs that just got cut are.

—Photolab/Connection Center DM(Department Manager)

—Stationery DM (This is the role I was training for—now I’m SOL)

—Front End Zone Supervisor (sat between CSM and Front end Assistant Mgr.)

—Support Manager (based on volume)

—Price Verifier (unless required by law)

Same rules as CO-Managers; 60 days to fine a new gig or take the money.

Last edited:
Walmart has 40 different types of managers. Imagine trying to explain your position to a guest. Id be like I want the highest person who makes the most money to solve my problem.

Today we all got hit with a new round of job eliminations. The jobs that just got cut are.

—Photolab/Connection Center DM(Department Manager)

—Stationery DM (This is the role I was training for—now I’m SOL)

—Front End Zone Supervisor (sat between CSM and Front end Assistant Mgr.)

—Support Manager (based on volume)

—Price Verifier (unless required by law)

Same rules as CO-Managers; 60 days to fine a new gig or take the money.
Remember with Uber you can work when you want and how long you want. Make your own schedule, get your side hustle on.

Remember with Uber you can work when you want and how long you want. Make your own schedule, get your side hustle on.

Depending on where you live, Uber’s not all it’s cracked up to be. They really don’t pay well. You’d have better luck with Lyft who is a lot more friendly.

I believe the rule of thumb is the vehicle should be newer than 2002 but if you truly want to make it your job it would be better to have a newer vehicle to stand a lot of miles

Depending on where you live, Uber’s not all it’s cracked up to be. They really don’t pay well. You’d have better luck with Lyft who is a lot more friendly.

Neither is sustainable. Even when you make money you have to pay for gas, Rideshare insurance, maintenance and you put an awful lot of miles on your car which is depreciation

I believe the rule of thumb is the vehicle should be newer than 2002 but if you truly want to make it your job it would be better to have a newer vehicle to stand a lot of miles

State specific my state it's less than 10 years old. California it's 15 year old.

So when is the official date for the Walmart cashier position to be phased out. I know some stores around my area are already all SCO.

Target thins out job levels too. I'm not going to demonize Walmart for doing it when we do it as well. Do any stores still have comp-shop TM's? Most stores combined HL and SL ETL a few years ago.

Savage 10/10
It's not even a lie...I went to Walmart on the Saturday night before Super Bowl; it was about 8pm? Lots of people in Market; lines down the main aisle. ONE CASHIER. They had like 20 SCO's, though. They'd converted a lot of regular aisle registers into SCO and people were checking themselves out.

Target thins out job levels too. I'm not going to demonize Walmart for doing it when we do it as well. Do any stores still have comp-shop TM's? Most stores combined HL and SL ETL a few years ago.
What did comp shoppers do?

Sco is fine but for whatever reason some people refuse to use them thus creating a line for people who really need a cashier

Sco is fine but for whatever reason some people refuse to use them thus creating a line for people who really need a cashier

My store is trying out only 1 cashier until 1 or 2 pm. People continue to wait in lines 2-7 people deep instead of SCO. For whatever reason, they are willing to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back