Archived Morning Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, first post on here and I've been curious as to how other stores fare when it comes to unloading the truck at 4am and bowling/pushing.

Usually for us the unload is done between 5:30 if its a small truck, and 6 if its a big truck, averaging around 5:45.

Bowling is usually done between 6 and 7, and the push can be completed anywhere from 8 to 9, not counting autofills and repacks, which are usually done after the first break.

I've been working at my Target for about a year as a flow team member, enduring through the remodel almost a year ago. Most trucks are 1800 pieces to 2100, but we can see 2500 or on a good day, 1500. The lowest i've seen was a 700 piece truck, and that was an easy morning.

Similar time when finishing the unload. We have a team that starts the unload at 3:15. The truck sizes are very comparable. I work in the backroom after the unload but they generally finish the truck at 11 or so. The current team isn't very good though. It is a hard working group but it is a very old team. They don't have anyone who you would describe as a desired truck thrower.

Our store's average truck size is about 2300 which we start unloading at 3:45 and finish around 5, with bowling done around 5:30. Push, including all repacks and pulls, is done by 8 unless it's one of our larger, 2700ish, trucks in which we case repacks are wrapped up around 8:30. Keep in mind, we're 3 people short and without a team lead at the moment...kinda funny considering we apparently do better than any other store in our district.

You guys must be some kind of magic or something. I come in at ~7am and on days we have trucks, they're never done and off the floor til like 10am. And that's a good day.

Our unloaders come in at 330am have the truck started no later then 350am the rest of the team gets there at 4am as the truck is being unloaded the bowlers bowl out the areas and usually shortly after the truck being finished all the pushers have a & b completely pushed we usually are out no later then 10am and the earliest ever being 7am

The times really don't mean much if you aren't saying how many people you have working. Some stores go with as few as 15 team members total I have seen others with 22. It really does depend on the size of the team. So how big are your teams that are able to unload a truck in 1 hour and 15 minutes?

We start at 5:15. I would just like to go to another store to observe their procedures. I find it so fascinating the times I see the unload get done, the amount of tms on hand, and getting done by 8. (looking at the thread mentioned before.) I wonder also the amount of help flow receive from other departments, how many tms are transferred to other departments. Does flow in other stores do the McClain (sp) order, POG fills, Priority fills, dollar spot, and the CNS order?
Do ALL trucks come loaded with broken bottles, and spilled pallets?

There are so many variables, it aches my head. The only things I've ever asked in any job is consistency, and we will never get it apparently.

*side note

Is it true that the UL stores get more repacks than most?

We start at 5:15. I would just like to go to another store to observe their procedures. I find it so fascinating the times I see the unload get done, the amount of tms on hand, and getting done by 8. (looking at the thread mentioned before.) I wonder also the amount of help flow receive from other departments, how many tms are transferred to other departments. Does flow in other stores do the McClain (sp) order, POG fills, Priority fills, dollar spot, and the CNS order?
Do ALL trucks come loaded with broken bottles, and spilled pallets?

There are so many variables, it aches my head. The only things I've ever asked in any job is consistency, and we will never get it apparently.

*side note

Is it true that the UL stores get more repacks than most?
We start unload of a&b trucks at about 10:15 most nights. We are generally done by 11-11:30 depending how many trucks we get. There were a few nights that we had 3/4 truck nights and weren't done unloading until midnight or later. We got our first night of pfresh trucks last night and it took four hours to get the dairy truck unloaded because we had the dayside team doing the unload and all hell broke loose. Flow had to go back and rezone all of pfresh later and we found things in the wrong shelves. The three flow tm's who came in at 6pm (including myself) got tasked by the girl from district to write the schematics on each and every box because dayside was b*tching that the boxes didn't have the dcpi stickers. We ended up calling an ETL who was supposed to have the night off to come in and restore order.

What about a super Target? Anyone work flow there care to share how their process works?

At walmart our trucks come in between 4 and 6 pm where they (truck crew) will unload it and get everything on the pallets (sports with sports, housewares with housewares etc) Everything should be on the floor by 8:30-9pm but sometimes a bit later and then they start working on the picks (items that are out on the floor, but have locations in the backroom) we (overnight stockers) come in at 10pm, have our meeting, zone grocery and then head out to our assigned departments where we stock till at least 5:30 or 6am where we clean up, bring the overstock to the back to bin. Even though we are a 24 hour store, floor needs to be cleaned by 7am

I get we are a super center, but we also had 1800 pieces to 2100. (some nights 0 grocery and all GM) Last night we had a 2700. produce, Frozen and dairy get counted separate though.

Our TL and receiver receive the truck at 3:45am. Half our flow team arrives at 4am to start unloading the truck and begin prepping the sales floor for bowling. Big trucks (2200-2800) usually get done being unloaded and bowled at 5:30-5:50 and small trucks (500-2100) usually get done around 4:50-5:15. The other half of our flow team arrives at 5am and they start working the WAVE in Market. Some TMs are assigned to stay in the heaviest HBA aisles like Cosmetics, Shampoo, lotion, Feminine care and body wash. On a good day, we'll be done right as the store is opening with a few TM's left behind to finish the repacks, check lanes, $1 spot, mini seasonal or pulls. On bad days, we're all required to stay until our 5th and some are scheduled to stay until everything is done, which can be until 10 or 11.

We are currently 3 TMs short, and our TL usually asks In Stalk TMs to come in early to help with the unloading. yep.
First time posting btw :]

our store gets around 2000-2600 piece trucks on our truck days. the Flow TL will come in and accept the truck and by 4am, the first half of the team comes in and will start the unload. in the meen time for me, i stage out cages to certain areas. this takes me about 30 mins and by the time i go to receiving, the truck is half way done, were usually done by 5:15 and we start stocking market (since the 4:30 team already has it bowled out). market is clean and clear of cardboard and overstock carts by break time. after break, the flow team hits up chemicals, and some backroom team members will help out in toys and sporting goods. the next two hours after break is just blowing through Chemicals, HBA, paper, toys, and babies and the current back to school section. we have two people in domestics who get done pretty fast and one person in electronics. our soft line girls are crazy, there always done around 8, sometimes 9 if there work load is really big, and they always end up helping in babies. were pretty much done by 8, but thats with the help of the backroom team and sometimes plano team.

as for me and my cardboard duties, i have to pick it up myself more than half the time, as well as crush it to make more empty cages. but my TL as well as other awesome flow TMs will help me out a great deal when I'm not on the floor. after the store hours i spend the rest of my time in the baler room crushing all the cardboard, I'm usually done by 11 but lately, certain factors have left me unable to finish it at that time. there are days were i act as team captain because i have to boost performance of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back