Archived Moved to a department with no training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone experienced this? Our department has become slow to where we're flexing on Thursdays once we finish. I normally take the majority of the work because I want to stay. This past Thursday I decided to finish and leave as I was sure I have enough hours to cover my vacation next month. Our SOM was heard saying that if anyone wanted to stay they could go "build walls in outbound" A TM overheard this and noted that the majority of the TMs were not trained to do that function (I'm corss trained in inbound and by nature of my current function warehousing). Can this happen because the way it seemed it was either go to outbound or go home.

Yeah, it happens, the only other option they’d have would be to tell you to go home rather than ask if you want to. Loading trailers in outbound doesn’t really need any training, same with feeding in mbp or throwing in art.

Yeah, it happens, the only other option they’d have would be to tell you to go home rather than ask if you want to. Loading trailers in outbound doesn’t really need any training, same with feeding in mbp or throwing in art.
I actually like throwing Art. When I can job change I plan on changing to inbound. Apparently, the OM thinks the world of me because I'm the only one they ask for anymore.

That seems odd given their focus on safety. And can they really “make” you leave? They tell us to sweep when they don’t get enough volunteers to leave.

That seems odd given their focus on safety. And can they really “make” you leave? They tell us to sweep when they don’t get enough volunteers to leave.

No, they can't force you to leave once you're already clocked in.

No, they can't force you to leave once you're already clocked in.
Depends on state law as far as guaranteed number of hours once you show up. I have been forced to leave after the guaranteed hours had passed while on mandatory OT.

Note: this was a long time ago, and only 1 OM of probably 70 that I’ve had did it, but it is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back