Moving up

Staying at your store could be a good or bad situation depending on you and your team go about it. And as far as pay increase, I was making just over $17/hr as a TL and got an increase of 55%. Idk if that helps put anything into perspective for you. I’m in California.
Just 17$ ?

10!? 😮 We have 1!

Congrats on the promotion! I think you'll be challenged, but the pace might feel slower. Don't know if that'll be good or bad. You seem like a fast pace, go go go kinda person.

Remember to milk all those vacation hours too.
Thank you . I am always looking for a challenge and most definitely I’m the one that’s always on the go to get shit done.

Service and engagement routine tl
From a different thread.
A typical day includes coming in, checking my email/grid/NPS scores, heading to the front where I spend 90% of the time... if opening the store: opening self-checkout and guest services registers and writing an opening email before heading home get added to that list. If closing, gotta make sure to close all the registers of the store, walk the cart attendant, make sure the front is branded and zoned, leave the money bags organized in the safe and write a closing email before heading out.

Also, is very important to make sure that everybody at the front takes their breaks and lunches without hitting compliance. Another thing you gotta make sure as a SETL is to have close to no lines at the front, you gotta act proactively and request backup from other departments when it starts to get overwhelming. Similarly, you also gotta make sure there are always enough baskets and carts available. You will be responsible for overseeing Guest Services and make sure that OPU and Drive up(if applicable) are getting prioritized over returns. Being able to give amazing Customer Service goes without saying.

The ETL-SE's role is to oversee that YOUR work is getting done, that metrics are being met or exceeded, and if not, reacting and doing whatever is necessary to bring them up, to hire/fire people from the front, make the schedule for their entire department, they are also in charge for the overall service around the store and also of any events that the company may do at the store.

It might sound like a lot, but depending on how much your store sells you might have 2 or more SETLs. To give you an example, my store has 5 SETLs, but we are the highest selling store in the region. You would also receive help from ex-Guest Service Advocates or people looking forward to getting promoted, those will be your right hands to deal with things like getting change, giving breaks/lunches or helping a guest while you're busy with something else.

Welcome and by any means do not get discouraged! The job Core Duties sound like a lot, but I tell you, you will have a lot of downtime and if you know how to manage your people, your shifts will go like a soft breeze. Also, you might not even have to open or close, my store has us doing those shifts because of our high sales volume.

Back