Archived My cashiers and team members are coming to me complaining about my other peer GSTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
And it’s not just one or two.. it’s more than half of our front end team!

I don’t want to get into too much details but I have witnessed some of these things first hand.

She yells and snaps at cashiers.

She loafs around and is buddy buddy with the STL (or tries to be).

She talks shit about other cashiers in front of other team members.

She has a very sarcastic demeanor at times.

She tries to set people up for failure (including higher ups) to make herself look good and actually tried to do it to me too.

Not to mention one of the ETLs and the SRTLs very much hate this GSTL as well. The ETL told me to “never trust this bitch”.

How should I go upon this? This GSTL does have an attitude at times but she doesn’t behave in any way or form that I would consider “rude” towards me. When I first started she tried to be a smartass towards me once and I shut her down immediately. Ever since then our interactions have been for the most part fine.

So two things.

You MUST support her intent even if the message is poorly delivered. She goes off on someone for forgetting to ring up a playstation? Turn it on the complaining team member that they did wrong. Indicate that you will talk to her about the situation.

Then quietly handle with HR. She needs coaching but that is her etl's job.

If you tolerate the complaints that is literally going to turn into your whole life. Listening to your team bitch. They will divert their own wrongdoings into her reaction. You need to make sure you are still holding them accountable.

I agree, for the most part. You definitely do not want to become the store sounding board, and it will happen fast.
While it is not your job to coach her, it is your job to work with her. I would probably go straight to her before going to HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back