Archived My Checkout Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
I’ve done some my checkouts in the past. But I’m wondering are all orders on the my checkout free shipping even if you don’t have a red card?? I always thought they all were but someone told me that’s not the case so now I’m confused..

Yes, all myCheckout orders are supposed to be free shipping to make it right for the guest. If your device isn’t doing free shipping, your ETL-GE needs to mySupport it.
You see that’s the thing. I asked my ETL sales floors about it and she was adamant that not everything was free shipping... but I even looked it up myself and it still shows free shipping so now I’m just all confused

You see that’s the thing. I asked my ETL sales floors about it and she was adamant that not everything was free shipping... but I even looked it up myself and it still shows free shipping so now I’m just all confused

She's wrong. It's free shipping to make it right for the guest because we didn't have the product available in store for the guest.

Yes, free shipping! And just as a general tip you can save the sale even if a guest wants to pay in cash, just issue them a gift card for the total amount using the POS and have them pay for the gift card in cash, then use the gift card to pay on mycheckout. Just make sure to tell the guest that if they need to make a return they’ll have to get the amount back on a gift card.

I think mycheckout is super great but ours has been broken for so long and hasn’t come back 😭 I get so many people coming up to the service desk every day trying to order things, we’re probably losing out on so much. I keep bugging my STL about it because I think it’s important but gosh.

Going back to who is it saving the sale for debate: it's definitely for Spot, not your store. I finally looked it up on workbench. I totally think it's still a good thing bc the guest leaves happy, but for those ETL's that swear the store gets credit ... They are incorrect. (Prob never read the guide)

I did also read on there that you get free shipping with RedCard. It didn't say anywhere that it applied to everyone. But, maybe I'll see if the MySupport route works. I feel like it should be like that.

Found a target article that says FREE SHIPPING. Legit going to show this to my ETL

Attachments

• 0BC36298-77A2-4437-9645-4B5A2A20AC9D.png
    0BC36298-77A2-4437-9645-4B5A2A20AC9D.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 50
I feel like whenever there’s a a topic like is there are a ton of stores that have issues with broken devices not getting fixed.... you guys really need better GEs... it takes about 5 minutes out of your day to create a ticket and print a shipping label to send back a mydevice to zebra and as soon as they receive your device they send you a new or replacement one and it’s all over in less than a week typically. My checkout devices are even quicker because they typically send you a replacement before it’s repaired because it’s such a important piece of equipment

On the my checkout, if the front and the back are separated then reattached, the Verifone app won't connect. The fix is to send it to CSC

I have had less than 5 experiences with my check out when backing up guest services but none of those guests seemed particularly happy with the process. They didn't want to have to do it themselves, they wanted me to enter all the info including their personal information and then 3 out of the 5 insisted that they had no email address (which I was told is required) and refused to sign up for any email service and 2 of those 3 insisted that Target was discriminating against older folks and committing age discrimination by requiring email.

I have had less than 5 experiences with my check out when backing up guest services but none of those guests seemed particularly happy with the process. They didn't want to have to do it themselves, they wanted me to enter all the info including their personal information and then 3 out of the 5 insisted that they had no email address (which I was told is required) and refused to sign up for any email service and 2 of those 3 insisted that Target was discriminating against older folks and committing age discrimination by requiring email.
Maybe they should get with the times or get out

I love it, and they are especially great in the Small Format stores that have a smaller selection. I am working on getting all of the team trained on how to use them (we just opened last week). I don't make the guest do the process, I enter the information as they dictate it to me, and have them review at the end, and I insert the payment device with them watching me. The only thing about them is make sure they are charging at night correctly. If the Verifone attachment doesn't work the app will not work, and that is potentially lost sales.

I am not sure if there is a work around for someone with no e-mail, though. I do admit it makes things tougher when they don't have one.

I’ve done some my checkouts in the past. But I’m wondering are all orders on the my checkout free shipping even if you don’t have a red card?? I always thought they all were but someone told me that’s not the case so now I’m confused..

I had a case where this wasn't %100 true. The guest were ordering several pieces of baby furniture and the order ended up having like $30 in shipping charges. I believe half of it went to store pickup and the other needed to be shipped to an address.

An ETL wrong about something they should know??? NEVER!!!

I had a case where this wasn't %100 true. The guest were ordering several pieces of baby furniture and the order ended up having like $30 in shipping charges. I believe half of it went to store pickup and the other needed to be shipped to an address.
That weird. All the ones I did for home delivery were free shipping.

Was it a rush delivery order at all? You have to pay for shipping if you ask for a faster option than standard shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back