My fellow TL's are setting me up for failure.

I'm a GMTL who's being treated very unfairly by all of the other TL's at my store and I don't even know where to begin.

For starters, we have one annoying guy at the registers who always puts on a stupid voice whenever he gets on the walkie to ask guest service for more change. One day he'll do it in a wild west cowboy voice, the next he'll do Yoda, then he'll do Kermit the Frog, and so on. It annoys the crap out of me when he does it and I first tried to put a stop to it by making a passing comment to one of the front end leaders. She just smiled and said that she likes it. Then during one of my closing shifts, he asked for change in a Homer Simpson voice and I pulled him aside and told him to knock it off with the dumb voices. I told him to talk on the walkie normally or else he's being coached, which thankfully got him to stop, but it apparently pissed off the front end TL to the point where she reported me to our SD and he gave me a talking to in his office. The front end TL didn't have my back on a subject in which I was clearly in the right.

There was also one incident where our HR ETL brought in pizza for the store. I had just got off my lunch when the pizza arrived and I skipped my final fifteen to back up E-pick because we had two call outs and we needed the back-up. Guess who was the only TL to not get any pizza? It was all gone by the time I had clocked out for the day, but I couldn't help but notice that one of our Style leaders had four whole slices in her plate. I shot her the dirtiest look possible and mockingly told her to enjoy the pizza.

It's now at a point where the other TL's exclude me and treat me like a pariah. A lot of them hang out together outside of work and I never get invited to join them. They stop talking about their plans and go silent whenever I walk into a room and they just don't engage in conversation with me like they do with each other. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get them on my side. I could on with other stories, but these are just a few to paint a picture of what I'm dealing with.

I'm a GMTL who's being treated very unfairly by all of the other TL's at my store and I don't even know where to begin.

For starters, we have one annoying guy at the registers who always puts on a stupid voice whenever he gets on the walkie to ask guest service for more change. One day he'll do it in a wild west cowboy voice, the next he'll do Yoda, then he'll do Kermit the Frog, and so on. It annoys the crap out of me when he does it and I first tried to put a stop to it by making a passing comment to one of the front end leaders. She just smiled and said that she likes it. Then during one of my closing shifts, he asked for change in a Homer Simpson voice and I pulled him aside and told him to knock it off with the dumb voices. I told him to talk on the walkie normally or else he's being coached, which thankfully got him to stop, but it apparently pissed off the front end TL to the point where she reported me to our SD and he gave me a talking to in his office. The front end TL didn't have my back on a subject in which I was clearly in the right.

There was also one incident where our HR ETL brought in pizza for the store. I had just got off my lunch when the pizza arrived and I skipped my final fifteen to back up E-pick because we had two call outs and we needed the back-up. Guess who was the only TL to not get any pizza? It was all gone by the time I had clocked out for the day, but I couldn't help but notice that one of our Style leaders had four whole slices in her plate. I shot her the dirtiest look possible and mockingly told her to enjoy the pizza.

It's now at a point where the other TL's exclude me and treat me like a pariah. A lot of them hang out together outside of work and I never get invited to join them. They stop talking about their plans and go silent whenever I walk into a room and they just don't engage in conversation with me like they do with each other. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get them on my side. I could on with other stories, but these are just a few to paint a picture of what I'm dealing with.
You sound like a jerk. Telling a guy to not use awesome voices on the radio? I hate all the passive aggressive shit I hear on the radio and the people who think they have to yell in the walkie, Yoda would be fucking golden!

I wouldn't save any pizza for you either and I'd tell you exactly why.

You sound like a jerk. Telling a guy to not use awesome voices on the radio? I hate all the passive aggressive shit I hear on the radio and the people who think they have to yell in the walkie, Yoda would be fucking golden!

Search for his other posts. This entire thing is Made up

Do you seriously think that anybody wants to hear stupid voices on the walkie when we're dealing with a rush and guests are yelling at us about not enough registers being opened? Fuck that. We clock in to do work and do it the right way.

Do you seriously think that anybody wants to hear stupid voices on the walkie when we're dealing with a rush and guests are yelling at us about not enough registers being opened? Fuck that. We clock in to do work and do it the right way.
I seriously think that, yes. Anybody except you, apparently. We clock in to get ripped off, not sure what you're smoking but, I don't want any.

No.

"e-pick"

???

Did you mean OPU? SFS?

Maybe you're excluded because you're rude to anyone that isn't your lapdog or your reflection?

This from the person who wondered if they would get in trouble for making noises on the walkie?
Hypocrisy thy name be Cartoon Penguin.

The voice thing again with radio & person in gs they didn't like.
Some other threads:
And the donut thing.

Last edited:
The voice thing again.
Some other threads:
Nobody can dig, research & quote like the Hardlinesmaster :D

Didn't you say in a previous post that you were annoyed with how leadership was treating you and that you were making scratchy noises on the walkie because of your leadership's treatment? Is that working the right way?

I also thought that you were planning to quit Target in the near future so how you were being treated by leaders shouldn't bother you if you're planning to get a new job.

I’m glad I got here early. I’d ignore you too and hope you failed. In an actual real situation I’d say just cause they don’t like you doesn’t mean they are “setting you up to fail” they just don’t like you and with good reason. Also, I think all your donuts counteract the fact that you didn’t get a slice of pizza

I wish you’d come up with these fake scenarios sooner.

Back