Archived My GSTL is a complete witch with a B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I've had issues in the past with this gstl, and I've just been ignoring her...because even other team members, and another GSTL confirmed she was for lack of a better words a cunt.

Besides trying to control my image, how I look(ie. make up, clothes), she gets pissy if I don't get atleast one red card even if it's a short shift and everyone else is having problems getting one and today she kind of crossed another line.

Apparently we need more people for tomorrow, and I already work tomorrow from 1:30 to 8:00 and without my permission she told an LOD that I could work from 10:30am to 8:00pm tomorrow...

That pisses me off, she's off work tomorrow and I've worked absolutely every Saturday, and I don't mind it but she has to bust my balls specifically.
She does this a lot, and I want to stand up to her but I'm not sure how.

She even made me bring groceries to someone's car because they are handicapped, interrupting me when I was with a guest.
Which I don't mind, but that's not in my job description and it was rude. I was with someone, answering their questions and checking them out.

My other gstl told me that I should tell one of the LODs if this continues, and it is inappropriate conduct. She'll embarrass me in front of guests and make me feel like complete shit but I am afraid if I tell someone that I would get fired or she would get angry at me and be even worse.
She has made a girl cry before because she got on her for red cards...and I think that's just horrendous...

Edit: I meant to post this on I'm Lost but because my cat walked on my keyboard I think it opened the team lead section instead. >.<

Last edited:
Well, if your GSTL is being a cunt to you like you say, tell your HR about her harassing you...if she scheduled you that time without your consent, then tell her! dont let them step all over you! ive had an ETL do that to me and i had to get "wordy" with them. Stand up for yourself, if someone is bothering you at work, do something about it.

And btw...your GSTL CAN tell you to take groceries to their car, helping guests is in the job description, and that falls under it...just saying, im a backroom team member and ive been ask to do that for them, and i do the complete opposite of what the front end does.

I didn't know she could. I would have done it anyway because I love helping people, but I guess my point being with bringing that up was that I was busy with a guest, and that there were other team members with no one at their registers and she asked me specifically. A girl told me that she does this type of stuff when she doesn't like someone, she'll ride them hard and make them want to quit. I don't know if she told me that to scare me or not though, cause the same girl got angry at me for getting a red card almost every day and proceeded to get catty. I just don't know if I should because if my name is dropped, then isn't that a bad thing? I'm still in 90 days probation, approaching 60 days.

She could be right, TLs do love to play those kind of games, as for the other team member trying to scare you, idk, the way you make it sound is like shes jealous or something, doing typical girl shit to another girl (not trying to be sexist btw)

I'm very sorry your GSTL is being mean to you that way when you don't deserve it all :/ I empathize your feelings of being pushed around forced to change how you look (To be honest different looks among everyone creates diversity and a sense of individuality/uniqueness in the workplace) and I have in the past in past workplaces and volunteering instances been yelled at and my hours more longer while they sit back and do nothing.

This behavior from your GSTL is quite sad and it seems she is quite lacking of kindness and respect towards you and the guest you were helping and I honestly don't think she deserves that position with the way she treats TM's

There is a sort of a phrase I created for myself through my experiences with this and it helps when I become a "Soccer ball" for everyone to kick around "I've learned to always stand up for what you believe in and what you feel even if no one is by your side someone once told me "You can't change the world by yourself" I replied "Yes I can, I change the world everyday with every smile and hello and gift of kindness and caring."

I would get in touch with someone who can help remedy the problem or be able to do something about her behavior.

"Be kind to your enemies and it will confuse them maybe just long enough to realize that there is good in them."

I'm going to move your thread for you.
I know about kitties jumping up at the worse possible time, mine did it right in the middle of a raid and got me killed one time.

You need to sit down and write down all the events that have transpired between you and this GSTL.
Keep the list fact based and dispassionate (I would absolutely be sure to leave out cunt on your list of descriptives).
Then sit down and talk with the HR TL.
Use terms like file a complaint, uncomfortable workplace and harassment.
Offer a solution they can work with, like not being scheduled at the same time.
Stay calm and level headed at all times.
Good luck.

If you talk to HR or whoever and anything happens to you afterwards, that would be retaliation, which is a huge no-no.

Also, try to avoid the Seven Dirty Words when you're having said conversation, or they won't take you seriously.

My TL is the same way. I hate the way she talks to me, but there's really nothing I can do. If I talk to someone, they'll talk to her, and then she'll know. I usually just tell her what I did and what I was told to do. Sometimes I tell her to check the cameras. Fortunately, she usually leaves before I get there.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. She's still being kind of bitchy, but I did talk to someone on HR and she's a lot less blatant about it. :) To Konk, I'd tell someone who seems trustworthy.

It's not really about being trustworthy as much as it is her only having so many people under her. I guess it could work if the person said that the whole team feels a certain way, which they do, just don't know how I would express that. I've actually told ETLs before and I think it's gotten better. I also care less now so I just tell her to do it herself.

ETL-HR. ETL-HR. ETL-HR.
When I was just a guest service TM I had a lot of very similar issues with one set of GSTL & GSA (they partnered for opening/closing and rotating weekends); I felt that I was being demeaned, harassed, and forced to do their unwanted tasks, along with a few other things. I went to my ETL-HR and told her everything that was going on and how uncomfortable I was with the situation.
Her response? "I don't like that, just give me one second here. You can go back to the service desk if you'd like." About a minute later she called them both into her office. Lets just say we no longer had any issues, and it almost seemed like the GSTL was afraid to talk to me for a few days after that. It might seem nerve-wracking to bring up any issues with human resources, but just remind yourself that they're literally there to make sure best practice is being followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back