Archived My Pfresh, quite frankly, sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pfresh sucks in all attributes... product selection, appearance, freshness, you name it. We are a busy one, but only the 6th busiest of the group! We've been open for almost two years now and every other Pfresh I've been at is neat and has a much better variety.

I'll start with product selection. We are very limited to what we sell compared to other Pfreshs I've been to, urban or not. We are an urban store which is located on the city limits and halfway serves poverty to middle class city dwellers and rich people. We have little organic product and no wacky stuff I've seen at most other Targets (Hempmilk, for example). We also serve a huge college crowd so stuff like that would be popular. Being urban, we also sell lots of chicken but don't have parts other Targets do (no wings, ground, double packs, etc) I was also in the Target by my parents' house this weekend and their produce and bakery gondolas are twice that size of ours! Sure, theirs was done a year after ours and their aisle is wider but still.

Appearance: We cannot be zoned; it is impossible. Other Targets are always filled and zoned in dry, dairy, frozen, produce, and meat but ours looks like a hurricane hit it. Doesn't matter if it's inside the city or outside, they still like better than ours. We have four order days a week which usually range from 9 to 14 pallets and we usually have at least 10 dedicated people working on the order or backroom between 5am and 1pm. Most times it doesn't get done. Overnight zones dry. And Fresh and Full by 4? HA! Never

Our order days usually:
6 people at 5am (1 PA, 2 backroom, 3 pushers)
3 people at 7am (1 TL, 1 backroom, 1 PA)
2 people at 9am (1 backroom, 1 endcap person, although she pushes usually)
1-3 people at 11-12pm (1 dry push, 1 to 2 pushers)
2 people at 4pm (closing)
2-3 people at 11 (overnight)

ETLs who have transferred from lower volumes were dumbfounded about our team; they never saw that many Market people. I don't get how we're not the busiest Pfresh yet we look like crap compared to the others. Frozen is all over the place even if I zone to POG cause we are NEVER full!

I'll go on at a later date but I want to mention that our backroom is at the complete opposite end of the store. I know many stores have that, but many stores also have backrooms right near Pfresh and even coolers you can fill from behind. We don't! I feel like we've got the short end of the stick!

UGH!!

Last edited:
Dan, give it time. It will get better. Pushing milk will be pain, as always. My br is at the other end too.

Quick, HLM! Let's assemble a flashmob to zone Dan's Pfresh!

They just canceled our P-Fresh.

After having the entire store being trained for it. Not that it wasn't a complete waste of time and money...

My Pfresh sucks in all attributes... product selection, appearance, freshness, you name it. We are a busy one, but only the 6th busiest of the group! We've been open for almost two years now and every other Pfresh I've been at is neat and has a much better variety.

I'll start with product selection. We are very limited to what we sell compared to other Pfreshs I've been to, urban or not. We are an urban store which is located on the city limits and halfway serves poverty to middle class city dwellers and rich people. We have little organic product and no wacky stuff I've seen at most other Targets (Hempmilk, for example). We also serve a huge college crowd so stuff like that would be popular. Being urban, we also sell lots of chicken but don't have parts other Targets do (no wings, ground, double packs, etc) I was also in the Target by my parents' house this weekend and their produce and bakery gondolas are twice that size of ours! Sure, theirs was done a year after ours and their aisle is wider but still.

Appearance: We cannot be zoned; it is impossible. Other Targets are always filled and zoned in dry, dairy, frozen, produce, and meat but ours looks like a hurricane hit it. Doesn't matter if it's inside the city or outside, they still like better than ours. We have four order days a week which usually range from 9 to 14 pallets and we usually have at least 10 dedicated people working on the order or backroom between 5am and 1pm. Most times it doesn't get done. Overnight zones dry. And Fresh and Full by 4? HA! Never

Our order days usually:
6 people at 5am (1 PA, 2 backroom, 3 pushers)
3 people at 7am (1 TL, 1 backroom, 1 PA)
2 people at 9am (1 backroom, 1 endcap person, although she pushes usually)
1-3 people at 11-12pm (1 dry push, 1 to 2 pushers)
2 people at 4pm (closing)
2-3 people at 11 (overnight)

ETLs who have transferred from lower volumes were dumbfounded about our team; they never saw that many Market people. I don't get how we're not the busiest Pfresh yet we look like crap compared to the others. Frozen is all over the place even if I zone to POG cause we are NEVER full!

I'll go on at a later date but I want to mention that our backroom is at the complete opposite end of the store. I know many stores have that, but many stores also have backrooms right near Pfresh and even coolers you can fill from behind. We don't! I feel like we've got the short end of the stick!

UGH!!

Sounds likes your TL and ETL need to get together to reorganize, scheduling wise. If your always empty, be sure you are researching. Cant do much about the size of your gondolas. Share your concerns with your STL.. although I would hope they see the problems already..

I feel the same way about the Pfresh in my store. When I go to other Pfresh stores in the area, I notice that at least with ours, we consistently look more fresh and full. Despite the best efforts of myself and the other PA, the freezer aisle zones are a train wreck. Its like bombs are set off once every few days. I don't know if its the lighting or the fixtures, but other store's Pfresh areas are so much brighter, bigger, and "new" looking, even though they have been open just as long or longer than ours. Our survey scores are consistently green, but I don't see the green in "great looking store".

I feel the same way about the Pfresh in my store. When I go to other Pfresh stores in the area, I notice that at least with ours, we consistently look more fresh and full. Despite the best efforts of myself and the other PA, the freezer aisle zones are a train wreck. Its like bombs are set off once every few days. I don't know if its the lighting or the fixtures, but other store's Pfresh areas are so much brighter, bigger, and "new" looking, even though they have been open just as long or longer than ours. Our survey scores are consistently green, but I don't see the green in "great looking store".

The motion sensor LED lighting is a huge difference.. maybe thats it? :p

I'm in the same boat as you there. My store got our pFresh a little over two years ago and compared to other, lower volume stores even, our pFresh already feels outdated and we don't cary nearly the selection of the other, newer pFresh stores. Our BR is all the way in the back of the store right behind electronics/toys so it's a joy pushing a flat of milk out to pFresh during the 4th quarter, or anytime milk is on sale. I too feel like my store got the short end of the stick, we were already a A volume store and were pushing Ultra High for pFresh sales. Our aisles are narrow, and we have the stupid back wall of freezers instead of the aisles of freezers like other stores.

My store is slated to get a pFresh 'remodel' of sorts after this 4th quarter that is supposed to give us more shelf capacities and updated fixtures but I've yet to see concrete plans for this. Hopefully yours will also get this update that may help with the selection of food. Sadly, I'm sure the BR is going to stay the same for the both of us, so get good at stopping a 32 milk crate flat from hitting the kid that runs out in front of you. :training1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back